Options

The Wanted... delusional.

2»

Comments

• Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,281
    Forum Member
    mcfly really do deserve more respect.I took my neice to see them many years ago and was blown away by how well they played and performed live. I've only caught the wanted live on youtube and as performers lets just say boring springs to mind!! They are a boyband end of....they choose not to dance because they cant..:rolleyes:
    I caught Mcfly Live in 2005 and same as you blown away....They are fantastic and i don't think there's nothing they can't do. I have been a fan ever since.

I saw Mcfly & The Wanted in Blackpool earlier this summer when they both headlined the event.

Mcfly really had people of all ages entertained but the Wanted seemed to just walk around the stage and didn't even seem to gel well together.Only 1 or 2 of them seemed to be able to sing.

Alot of people seemed to have left half-way through the Wanted's set
  • Options
    The22ndRachelThe22ndRachel Posts: 652
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dan2008 wrote: »
    Oh yes they are.....
    Mcfly play a handfull of Instruments each. Their write their own music (and also writing for other acts now) they have their own record label,They Produce their own albums,design the CD covers and Plan the videos and everything on the Tours are 100% their ideas.

Not to mention the fact that mcfly are now in their 10th year and wasn't thrown together like the wanted.

They are nothing alike

Agree with this
    McFly have been my favourite band since they debuted in 2004. The Wanted to me are far below them talent wise.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about The Wanted is that they let the fame go to their heads and it turned them ugly.

I always snigger when I think of Max saying One Direction were no threat to The Wanted as The Wanted had found success in America while 1D hadn't. Of course what happened since then is that 1D blew up to become a massive success and The Wanted became a one hit wonder. Bitter sweet. Also aside from the One Direction shade the only artists that The Wanted seem to slag off as female one's. I notice they haven't picked fights with any of the men in pop.... wonder why that is ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 791
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about The Wanted is that they let the fame go to their heads and it turned them ugly.

I always snigger when I think of Max saying One Direction were no threat to The Wanted as The Wanted had found success in America while 1D hadn't. Of course what happened since then is that 1D blew up to become a massive success and The Wanted became a one hit wonder. Bitter sweet. Also aside from the One Direction shade the only artists that The Wanted seem to slag off as female one's. I notice they haven't picked fights with any of the men in pop.... wonder why that is ;)

Yes One Direction got their #1 album but at the minute they haven't done much better singles wise, their second single, One Thing, only got to #39, so it's not like they've had masses of top 10s compared to The Wanted.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm guessing their album flopped in the US?
    What was their second single over there did they release a second? I only ever heard about the success of GYC
  • Options
    kieranyeah123kieranyeah123 Posts: 1,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    odie8391 wrote: »
    Yes One Direction got their #1 album but at the minute they haven't done much better singles wise, their second single, One Thing, only got to #39, so it's not like they've had masses of top 10s compared to The Wanted.

I'm not even a fan of One Direction but even I can remember that their album went platinum and they're doing around 40 arena shows in the US next year, I think that's pretty much more successful than The Wanted.
  • Options
    OMGItsAnnieOMGItsAnnie Posts: 2,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Who?:p
  • Options
    musicjukebox123musicjukebox123 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think The Wanted will be like most Brit boybands a 1 hit wonder in the States. GYC #3 but Chasing the Sun #50.
    I think a top 40 is seen as a hit in the States as i've seen a 1 hit wonder USA page and some artists only had a top 40 record as opposed to top20/10.
    If that is the case then 1D have 3 US hits Live While We're Young #3, WMYB #4 and One Thing #39.
    I think the ease of a top ten hit for TW went to their head but Glad was their only big international song and biggest hit so think they should have reigned in their arrogance till they had a song do similarily, i mean their albums sell quite badly here and worse in the States. I think they have taken note and lately have toned down their cockiness but they are definately deluded at times.
  • Options
    siriusrosesiriusrose Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "We don’t dance."
    Well either do Westlife & One Direction yet they are both boybands.

"But we can all play instruments"
    Well why don't you then? Busted, McFly & Lawson can all play instruments yet they still get called boybands. Plus every boyband I can think of had at least one member that can play an instrument, and they often whip it out on stage from time to time, but they don't go banging on about it.

“We’re not the most attractive bunch that has ever been in the pop world."
    Ok, he got me there... ;):p