Chvrches

Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I have heard of this band before but never heard any of their music until flicking through the channels and seeing some of their set at R1BW. I was really impressed, I've just purchased their album!

I really love 'Lies', pure synth pop (which I absolutely love). I love finding new artists (or people who are new to me).

Anyone else like them? Interesting sound!

Comments

• Blossom85Blossom85 Posts: 1,717
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Love them. I saw them live back in March and they were excellent. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Yes. Big fan. Brilliant live. I'm sure you'll love the album :)
  • RickyLeeds85RickyLeeds85 Posts: 11,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Chvrches, saw them live on their tour and they were amazing! Also Lauren the lead singer is a cutie :)
  • ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Probably my favourite band to emerge in the last couple of years. [highlight]♥[/highlight]

Strong Hand is my favourite track I think.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the debut album a lot, though I do think the singles are a lot stronger than the rest of the album (though that's not exactly a rare occurrence in pop music). I was listening to a lot of 80s synth pop last year, so a new band taking on the classic style with a more modern sheen was certainly welcome for me.
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like 'The Mother We Share' and 'Recover'.

I absolutely love 'Lies'. I really LOVE it. It's probably the closest thing to the start of synth pop (80s) that I've heard been recreated (if that makes sense). The sound is quite angry sounding but Lauren Mayberry's softer vocals just compliment it so well.

First song I ever heard from them.
  • daniellehdanielleh Posts: 7,852
    Forum Member
    Love this band, though don't have their album yet. Each of their singles, Recover, The Mother We Share, Lies and We Sink have been great.
  • Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love 'Recover' second best, I've rewatched their R1BW set a few times already :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    Derek Faye wrote: »
    I love 'Recover' second best, I've rewatched their R1BW set a few times already :D

Check this out as well :)

Chvrches live at The Forum London
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have just announced another round of US tour dates, like Depeche Mode they seem to be doing better there than at home.
  • MybelleMybelle Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I absolutely love their album. Really like The Mother we share and Gun - I was surprised to hear one of their songs as background music on the FIFA 14 game that my son plays.

There's not many albums where I like every single song and so far the only ones I've found is there's and the two albums by Hurts.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really like the new album although it's probably even more retro than the first.

i'm a bit surprised Years and Years seem to have done better this year with a similar sound, however Chvrches are particularly popular in America.
  • Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    dodrade wrote: »
    I really like the new album although it's probably even more retro than the first.

That's good to know I meant to pick it up at the weekend but didn't get into town.

Check put the Prides album (if you haven't already) it's great as well.
  • ChateauMarmontChateauMarmont Posts: 2,373
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really, like really love Recover. It's one of those songs I can listen to over and over and absolutely adore.

I do like the new song Leave A Trace and also The Mother We Share and Gun

Like one of the posters above its just like Hurts to me, and I love every song on their first album and about 50% of what's on the second.
  • Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really good band. Enjoy that they are very different to what most bands are putting out right now. And is it me but why does Lauren Mayberry look so grumpy all the time?
  • DandemDandem Posts: 13,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think, as an album, "Every Open Eye" is a better album than "The Bones Of What You Believe", as there isn't a bad song on it, I really did enjoy every song. But it lacks that killer song on the scale of "The Mother We Share", which for me is still their best song.

"Leave A Trace", "Keep You On My Side" and "Empty Threat" are highlights though. :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dandem wrote: »
    I think, as an album, "Every Open Eye" is a better album than "The Bones Of What You Believe", as there isn't a bad song on it, I really did enjoy every song. But it lacks that killer song on the scale of "The Mother We Share", which for me is still their best song.

"Leave A Trace", "Keep You On My Side" and "Empty Threat" are highlights though. :)

Strangely enough "The Mother We Share" was probably my least favourite track on""Bones... ", Science/Visions and Gun were my favourites.

Clearest Blue is probably the standout track on the new album, but I really like Playing Dead and Never Ending Circles, and High Enough to Carry you over is a great "Martin" song. Bow Down I would probably have put on the album proper as well.
  • Ally_BowieAlly_Bowie Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Really enjoying the new album, I find its more instant than "The Bones" Leave a Trace, Make Them Gold & Afterglow are my standouts so far... Be nice to see them have a little more exposure with this record.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I quite like the album although I think that Empty Threat sounds a bit like an album track from someone like Demi Lovato.
  • TetherTether Posts: 951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am a big fan. For me there best track is called 'Dead Air' from the Hunger Games soundtrack. Check it out.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really loving Every Open Eye! I never heard the first album. I will have to go back and listen to it.
  • CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think they're brilliant. Constantly listening to them at the moment.