Issue with Iphone4s after update

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4
Forum Member
Hi All
Been having and still have terrible issues with '3' mobile broadband service and when dealing with their customer service bods they said that I needed to install the latest update for my iphone, (as that could be causing the problem), I did that, it only took 2.5 hours to down load lol and ever since I did that I cannot use wifi connection or bluetooth, both are now greyed out. (there is now another update available but it will take an estimated time of 15.2 hours to download lol)

It would appear that I am not alone with this problem and Apple do not seem to be responding to peoples requests for help. So is there anyone out there who has a clue on how to get these 2 services available again on my phone. Also since that update the screen moves in a very jerky manner, any ideas to solve that problem!

Thanks in anticipation of your advice

Ian

Comments

• tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    Ian_Mantra wrote: »
    Hi All
    Been having and still have terrible issues with '3' mobile broadband service and when dealing with their customer service bods they said that I needed to install the latest update for my iphone, (as that could be causing the problem), I did that, it only took 2.5 hours to down load lol and ever since I did that I cannot use wifi connection or bluetooth, both are now greyed out. (there is now another update available but it will take an estimated time of 15.2 hours to download lol)

It would appear that I am not alone with this problem and Apple do not seem to be responding to peoples requests for help. So is there anyone out there who has a clue on how to get these 2 services available again on my phone. Also since that update the screen moves in a very jerky manner, any ideas to solve that problem!

Thanks in anticipation of your advice

Ian

I assume when you talk about the latest update, you mean IOS 8 ? In which case that is rather poor advice from 3. Although it is supported on the 4S, it is not a given that it will run at all well, people are reporting performance problems. What compounds the poor advice though is that 3 should be well aware that it is a one way street, you cannot go back to the previous version once you have upgraded (without a lot of techie help).
  • victorslotvictorslot Posts: 619
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have a 4s running 8.1 and it is fine. I have no knowledge of the 3 network so can't help there.

If you didn't, the best way to update to 8.1 is via iTunes. Follow the ITunes guides on the Apple website on how to do this and set it up as a new phone. The download and install is quite lengthy, took me between 2 and 3 hours to have everything working as I wanted it. Don't skip anything, back up first follow the guide and reboot at the end.