What were you doing in 2005?

13»

Comments

• catherine91catherine91 Posts: 2,636
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was 13 and in my first year of high school (in Norwich we used to start high school in Year 8 instead of Year 7). I 'fell in love' with a boy in my class, and I think he knew about it but he didn't seem interested in me!

I had a lot more friends than I do now.

Me and my parents went to Austria for the 4th summer in a row.

Towards the end of the year my dad's health went downhill (chronic fatigue syndrome/ME). In 2006 he had to stop working.

I stopped growing taller that year - I'm stuck at about 5ft!
  • fhs man 2fhs man 2 Posts: 7,591
    Forum Member
    I was 13 and in my first year of high school (in Norwich we used to start high school in Year 8 instead of Year 7). I 'fell in love' with a boy in my class, and I think he knew about it but he didn't seem interested in me!

I had a lot more friends than I do now.

Me and my parents went to Austria for the 4th summer in a row.

Towards the end of the year my dad's health went downhill (chronic fatigue syndrome/ME). In 2006 he had to stop working.

I stopped growing taller that year - I'm stuck at about 5ft!

We still do in Scotland let me explain the year system:

Primary School (P1-P7) (Year 1-7)

Secondary School (S1-S6) (Year 8-13)
  • flickpotflickpot Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Was owning a hotel in llandudno north wales...sold it in 2009
  • jrajra Posts: 48,325
    Forum Member
    fhs man 2 wrote: »
    So what did you do in 2005 and how does this relate to your future and now (2015)?

I bought my house in 2005.
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cally77 wrote: »
    2005 was a turning point for me, i spent the new year homeless, i saw the fireworks from a small group of bushes that i slept in(not joking) it really was my lowest point ever. That lasted 4 months until a very nice lady at the library(where i spent my days)told me about centrepoint(homeless charity), i went there and they listened, gave me a dinner, let me have a bath etc and were genuinely kind. I was unusual in that i didn't have drink/drug problems, i lost my home as i lost my job(seeing more of this now) they put a secure deposit on a flat for me, and 2 months later i had a job:) and was able to pay my own way. I met my ex, we have a beautiful daughter who was six yesterday(he is one of my closest friends, just not meant to be!) I look back and cannot believe it happened. I sit in my lovely flat with my daughter and realise how bloody lucky i am.
    I really hope that everyone has a wonderful new year x
    What a truly uplifting and inspiring post. Good on you for seeking the help that you needed.
    Are you still in contact with the lady at the library? I bet she's be delighted to see how things have turned out for you now.
    I'm glad everything worked out for you.
    Seriously, I don't say these things lightly on here but your post really touched me.
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    2005 was the first and only full calendar year my little girl had on this earth. She arrived in February 2004 and departed in October 2006. I always think of 2005 in this way, the only full year my little family had together. It's so weird to think it has been 10 years now, but then I look at my other daughter and how grown up she is and think it seems longer. Funny old thing, life....