Options

So when Wagner wins and the XFactor is no more......

HelenThereseHelenTherese Posts: 386
Forum Member
...what will have been achieved?

I'm just wondering why people are so desparate to 'bring down Cowell and the show'.

What else would we do on a Saturday night?

If people don't like the way the show is being done then why watch? I don't like Eastenders or Coronation Street but I'm not going to be launching any Internet campaigns any time soon.

I'm not trying to say people shouldn't watch and/or vote in whichever way they want, after all it's still a free country. I just don't know why anyone would bother.

Comments

• Options
    CorkonionCorkonion Posts: 975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why? do you see someone more talented in the final 7?
    the whole thing is a joke now... so vote for the joker
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well it would make a more interesting and entertaining final than just One Direction being declared winners as was the plan from day 1.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    I love the show and I'll probably continue to watch either way, but this year I think the blatant manipulation has gone way too far, and I can't see it surviving if it continues down this path. I think Wagner winning might serve as a wake-up call - the show has always been more about entertainment than singing, but it was never so openly staged and scripted before this year, and there was a sense that the best singers would mostly do well.

The illusion of viewer control is slipping too, and I think this is going to be incredibly damaging to the show in the long run; IMO the only way they could fix it would be to relaunch the show properly, getting rid of the manipulation and bias towards certain contestants, and bringing in actually talented singers. They won't even consider doing this if somebody like Matt or Rebecca wins, though, because that would just fit the script of TXF and there'll be no pressing reason for them to change it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Corkonion wrote: »
    why? do you see someone more talented in the final 7?
    the whole thing is a joke now... so vote for the joker

But if you think it's a joke then why watch? And even more spend money on it?
  • Options
    Malc LondonMalc London Posts: 2,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just wondering why people are so desparate to 'bring down Cowell and the show'..

Because they are spoilers. Like people who write computer viruses, people who smash up childrens playgrounds, those who break into houses and steal Christmas presents.

You have to conform to what these people like or they will wreck what you value.
  • Options
    BananafishBananafish Posts: 13,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they are spoilers. Like people who write computer viruses, people who smash up childrens playgrounds, those who break into houses and steal Christmas presents.

You have to conform to what these people like or they will wreck what you value.

Well don't know about the computer virus one, but smashing up children's playgrounds sounds more like Cher.

And I'd never leave my Christmas presents around Katie.
  • Options
    Forum Member

You are so right. Personally, I've spent the last week beating up the disabled and stealing purses from old women. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

get a grip Malc.... they vote for a guy on tv... thats all.....
    Do you take pills for the that paranoia?... I'm worried for you mate
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If anything.

The show might get a much needed reboot.

1.100k prize instead of a contract
    2.no more joke acts make it into bootcamp.
    3.3rd party producers have an input on who makes the live shows.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But is it really more manipulated this year? Or is that a touch of the rose-tinted spectacles?

I reckon if it hadn't been for the Gamu thing then this whole bandwagon of 'it's a fix' wouldn't have been nearly so huge and people wouldn't be so quick to complain.

I'm also not sure that re-modelling the show wouldn't have happened anyway. If Wagner wins then they can do a big re-launch and get even more viewers than this year. If he doesn't they may well change the format like they generally do anyway.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    If anything.

The show might get a much needed reboot.

1.100k prize instead of a contract
    2.no more joke acts make it into bootcamp.
    3.3rd party producers have an input on who makes the live shows.

You think?

I think the exact opposite.

Cowell is a TV producer much more than he is a music man.

This years his best ever, biggest audience, biggest publicity.

Next year will see more 'joke' and 'publicity machine' acts like Katie and wagner, not less.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,033
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wagner wont win, they will get him probably in the 3 from 6 semi next week.

Joke acts wil be banned now, Louis Walsh will probably be warned about this as part of his future participation in the show
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You think?

I think the exact opposite.

Cowell is a TV producer much more than he is a music man.

This years his best ever, biggest audience, biggest publicity.

Next year will see more 'joke' and 'publicity machine' acts like Katie and wagner, not less.

I think cowells main worry would be the overlap between BGT and TXF.

im just waiting for the Dancing dogs to appear whilst Wagner is howling on stage
  • Options
    mitacondmitacond Posts: 105,727
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...what will have been achieved?

I'm just wondering why people are so desparate to 'bring down Cowell and the show'.

What else would we do on a Saturday night?

If people don't like the way the show is being done then why watch? I don't like Eastenders or Coronation Street but I'm not going to be launching any Internet campaigns any time soon.

I'm not trying to say people shouldn't watch and/or vote in whichever way they want, after all it's still a free country. I just don't know why anyone would bother.

Ah lots will not have enough money for Christmas themselves but SC will sipping wine and just laughing at those who thought it would matter to him. He has their mone from the votes ;)
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    Cowell prob doesn't care about UK X Factor now... he has BGT for UK and XF for US.

So Wagner fans are succeeding in what he set out to do - ruin the show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

im just waiting for the Dancing dogs to appear whilst Wagner is howling on stage

classic..........I hope its not a spoiler?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Hi Oathy *waves* I know or clowns ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    But is it really more manipulated this year? Or is that a touch of the rose-tinted spectacles?

I reckon if it hadn't been for the Gamu thing then this whole bandwagon of 'it's a fix' wouldn't have been nearly so huge and people wouldn't be so quick to complain.

I'm also not sure that re-modelling the show wouldn't have happened anyway. If Wagner wins then they can do a big re-launch and get even more viewers than this year. If he doesn't they may well change the format like they generally do anyway.

I think the manipulation started last year, with Jedward especially, but it's becoming a lot more obvious this year. I mean - okay, obviously it's always been manipulated, but this year it feels different. Gamu was a mistake, but they could have turned it around by presenting a more credible live show, and they've failed to do so.

Katie wouldn't have been saved from the bottom two four times in any other year (in fact, no other contestant has ever been saved more than three times); there used to be some criticism of actual vocals in the judges' comments, but now Dannii is the only one who mentions them; acts are built up as amazingly talented when, actually, they're nothing special; and, IMO worst of all, the most talented contestants (Storm, John, TreyC, Paije) were billed as cannon fodder before they'd even sung a note.
  • Options
    yohinnchildyohinnchild Posts: 52,532
    Forum Member
    mitacond wrote: »
    Ah lots will not have enough money for Christmas themselves but SC will sipping wine and just laughing at those who thought it would matter to him. He has their mone from the votes ;)

Exactly - its laughable that WV think they are irratating Cowell - the only people they are pissing off is the audience - Cowell will simply sign 2nd/ 3rd place. Wagner will be dropped and the show will go into oblvion whilst Simon works on US X Factor
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cowell prob doesn't care about UK X Factor now... he has BGT for UK and XF for US.

So Wagner fans are succeeding in what he set out to do - ruin the show

It would not suprise me that Wagner was a 'plant' and is doing exactly what SC has seemingly, asked him to do. LOL Well at least the Wagner fans are providing the vote money.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corkonion wrote: »
    .... they vote for a guy on tv... thats all.....

It's why they are voting. They don't even watch the show, they just get given the number and dial away.
  • Options
    gettygetty Posts: 3,480
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully we'll get some good quality drama series and an entertaining music/comedy show. Without a sniff of Cowell and co in sight of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exactly - its laughable that WV think they are irratating Cowell - the only people they are pissing off is the audience - Cowell will simply sign 2nd/ 3rd place. Wagner will be dropped and the show will go into oblvion whilst Simon works on US X Factor

I know and he does not have to use the winner at all or do anythihg too much either.;)
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Really?

I dont.

I think hes only interested in viewing figures, and hes getting more by having this style of show than a more serious one.

This show is built around wagner and katie, from the ground up, and the assumption hes annoyed with wagner being there is simply laughable, the more the tabloids lap it up, the more people watch, the happier he is, if having 1 joke act and one controversial tabloid victim does this, next year he will have two.

He gives people what they want, they seem to want this, so next year they will, just more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    getty wrote: »
    Hopefully we'll get some good quality drama series and an entertaining music/comedy show.

Britains Got Talent?