Options

My Friend's New Girlfriend

124»

Comments

• Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    This is something that has been bothering me for a while. Its quite a long story but its something me and my other friends do not know how to act on.
    I am no way obsessed as my friends are also alarmed about it too.
    Aneechik wrote: »
    That's not what the OP says. He says there is a rift between them because she had a fight with a female friend. It's perfectly logical that fighting with one of them would cause a rift with the rest and she would get the blame for it. That doesn't mean that the other things the OP has noticed have also been noticed by others, and without prompting.

No, the OP says twice that his other friends have noticed the controlling behaviour and do not know how to go about it. Yes the fight happened but there is not a rift between them all because of the fight. There is 'tension' so to speak because OP and his friends have noticed this controlling behaviour and don't know what to do about it.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    fizzle90 wrote: »
    And what about the OP's friends that have also noticed what's going on? Have they all got some sort of syndrome that means they're mistaken too?

So my one of these other freinds might be able to talk to this friend better
  • Options
    RegTheHedgeRegTheHedge Posts: 2,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Has your friend divulged that she's a really dirty shag - so anything else is irrelevant .
  • Options
    mrsmoosemrsmoose Posts: 2,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is she called Kirsty?

My thoughts exactly!
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks to everyone positive or negative for responding to this.

For starters, yes it isn't just me but my whole group of friends who notice how controlling she is and one of my friends spoke out about it and now he have to arrange separate meet ups because they have fallen out.

And just because I have Aspergers Syndrome does not mean I'm paranoid or socially awkward. I have to overcome certain things in my life. But he's been my friend for years and I didn't how to act at the time.

However I will do the safe thing and stay quiet for the time being. But I will only voice my concern if it gets to the point that it gets too serious or frustrating.

He's a smart bright young man and he doesn't deserve a girl like this who treats him like a five year old.
  • Options
    tim59tim59 Posts: 47,188
    Forum Member
    Thanks to everyone positive or negative for responding to this.

For starters, yes it isn't just me but my whole group of friends who notice how controlling she is and one of my friends spoke out about it and now he have to arrange separate meet ups because they have fallen out.

And just because I have Aspergers Syndrome does not mean I'm paranoid or socially awkward. I have to overcome certain things in my life. But he's been my friend for years and I didn't how to act at the time.

However I will do the safe thing and stay quiet for the time being. But I will only voice my concern if it gets to the point that it gets too serious or frustrating.

He's a smart bright young man and he doesn't deserve a girl like this who treats him like a five year old.

I think you have made the right choice, you say he is smart bright young man, then he will work things out for himself. Hope things work out for you all
  • Options
    Stephen_SimpsonStephen_Simpson Posts: 756
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks very much. :)