What was the most embarrassing thing you ever wore?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Apart from a hospital gown, I'd have to say a sleeveless Afghan Jacket, when it was considered rock n' roll,

Comments

• 007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just some blue glowstick jogging bottoms and a t-shirt...on a date!
  • Jesse PinkmanJesse Pinkman Posts: 5,794
    Forum Member
    Platform shoes and a bight yellow wrap-around top thing.

But it was the 70s and no one took any noticed.

I have however, burnt any and all photos from that time. Just what the hell were we thinking? We went out dressed like clowns and thought we looked cool. :eek:

Major embarrassment.
  • LakieLadyLakieLady Posts: 19,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rainbow striped legwarmers. [hangs head in shame]
  • RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    Probably back in 1969, when me and my mate made flared trousers out of old white net curtains, frills at the bottom and all! :D
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've got late 70's early 80's pictures of me and my parents out at the park wearing matching duffle coats :o
    Forum Member
    Platform shoes and a bight yellow wrap-around top thing.

But it was the 70s and no one took any noticed.

I have however, burnt any and all photos from that time. Just what the hell were we thinking? We went out dressed like clowns and thought we looked cool. :eek:

Major embarrassment.

Lol, so true.

I remember going to a music show and wore shiny bright yellow platform shoes (with a T bar), a yellow smock top and a maxi skirt of yellow, orange and pink panels - hideous!
  • DisturbedDisturbed Posts: 306
    Forum Member
    womens parka when I was going through my 'liam gallagher' phase, bowl-hair dyed black aswell. Luckily I think most assumed i'd just been to see the rocky horror show or something ;-)
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are funny. I've always dressed impeccably though (cough cough 80s shiny red leggings).
  • livingdeadgirllivingdeadgirl Posts: 624
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some shockers as a teenager in the early 2000s ... A mint green donnay hoody (which was never off my back on account of how comfy it was), a gun metal coloured shiny PVC puffa coat :o oh and lilac flare type trousers too
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A girls Welsh costume. I was 5. :(
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    Tottenham football shirt.

Had to wear it after I lost a bet.
  • AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Black platforms with cherries printed on them. Hideous.
  • GabbitasGabbitas Posts: 8,985
    Forum Member
    A bright green shirt that looked like it was made from crepe paper :o. I was about 13 and thought it was so cool that I just had to buy it. Hideous article!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,182
    Forum Member
    Probably a Kappa tracksuit. It was bright blue too. Kids, eh?
  • Hugh JboobsHugh Jboobs Posts: 15,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A bright, turquoise blue shellsuit, circa 1991.
  • venusinflaresvenusinflares Posts: 4,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The worst stuff that springs to mind was all worn during the early nineties. I seemed to have a lot of garish silky blouses with horrible patterns on them in clashing colours such as bright green, red and orange.

I also sported my worst ever hair do at that time as well. I'd dyed it black then had it permed but the perm was too tight and my hair was just a bit too short so I ended up with an Afro.
  • ratty0ratty0 Posts: 2,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loads of stuff from the 90s. Pink trousers. Printed tops with sky scenes, or cities by night, etc, on them. A shiny lilac top complete with lilac tassles made from two-tone sequins.

I'm sure looking back on it we've all been through the same fashions. Some of the stuff my sister wore in the 80s actually seems quite in fashion now, so I'm sure it will all come back round again...
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1970s' crimplene hot pants my friend's mother made. They were bright orange with yellow and white polka-dots.

Groovy, man.

I also had a bright purple suede zipped coat with a mahoosive fake fur collar.

In the 80s, I had a ra-ra skirt. (Luckily I had the figure for it). Oh and a magenta cotton jacket with rolled up sleeves.

I also went out all the time in the 80s in fishnet tights and army boots or sometimes, fishnets and red high heels. (Did wear other clothes too!)
  • HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol, so true.

I remember going to a music show and wore shiny bright yellow platform shoes (with a T bar), a yellow smock top and a maxi skirt of yellow, orange and pink panels - hideous!

I had some cork platform shoes, the uppers were plastic but that awful shiny plastic like patent leather, and made out of strips of all different colours - yes, yellows and oranges again! I begged my dad to let me have some platforms, he gave in reluctantly, and then they did something sinister to my feet and my toe-nails dropped off.:o I never told him, or I'd have got the 'Told you so'.;-)

I had a smock top that was white with this vile brown print on it. And remember that fashion around 1975 for T shaped, boat necked (acrylic, obviously) jumpers with stripes? Ack.
    Forum Member
    Just remembered cheesecloth shirts!

It seemed at one time that everything was made out of the stuff.

It was practically see-through fabric, uncomfortably scratchy and hung like rags after a while.

More suited to cheese!
  • Tt88Tt88 Posts: 6,827
    Forum Member
    Gabbitas wrote: »
    A bright green shirt that looked like it was made from crepe paper :o. I was about 13 and thought it was so cool that I just had to buy it. Hideous article!!

I had a skirt like that when i was about ten!

I was a tomboy through and through but one day i decided i wanted to be more ladylike. In my mind girls liked pink (i hated pink) and wore long flowy skirts (i hated skirts) so i talked my mum into buying me this neon pink, floor length skirt that looked like it was made of crepe paper and felt like it too!

It was uncomfortable and didnt suit me. I still walked and acted like a tomboy so looked rather silly! It wasnt practical and didnt go well with my muddy trainers.

I only remember wearing it once yet there seemed to be loads of photos of me in it for some reason :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to bed pissed in student halls once and woke up with a skirt, stockings, woman's top together with stuffed bra, and make up on.

It was quite a shock when I looked in the mirror tbh. Although the girls said I had lips and legs to die for.
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    When I was about 12 I thought my "t shirt with tie and waistcoat print" was the epitome of cool. God, how wrong I was.
  • chaffchaff Posts: 985
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A leather piano tie in the 80s :(
  • DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SJ_Mental wrote: »
    I've got late 70's early 80's pictures of me and my parents out at the park wearing matching duffle coats :o
    In the 70s I got a free dufflecoat from one of the manufacturers and wore it all the time, and if anyone gave me funny looks I didn't care, as it was thick and so warm, but it wasn't until years later, I got rid of it as it somehow didn't do me any favours.

Other day went looking for a new jacket at Debenhams, and what did I see on a rack, lots of duffle coats, and cringed at an old memory. :o