Options

What was the most embarrassing thing you ever wore?

Comments

• Options
    DixDix Posts: 79,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A_Zombie wrote: »
    A girls Welsh costume. I was 5. :(
    Ma made me a fancy dress of a daisy, white petals all around a gold centre. Felt so embarrassed at wearing it, and refused to go to the party, but she took me, and I felt like a fish out of water. Was 7 or thereabouts. Don't have a photo of me wearing it thankfully. :D:D Daisies look better in fields and gardens is how I feel about it. :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 241
    Forum Member
    Trouser-skirts! Wide leg trousers with a wrap round skirt over them. Back in the late 90's - how cool we thought we were!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I spent a short period of time in the early 90s, REALLY into the rap duo Kriss Kross...

Enough said...

:blush:
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    When I was about 12 I thought my "t shirt with tie and waistcoat print" was the epitome of cool. God, how wrong I was.

Haha, I've got a friend who insists on wearing one of these at parties, after someone told him it looked great! :p
  • Options
    Molly BloomMolly Bloom Posts: 2,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A VERY short red minidress when I was a teenager. I wore it to a posh-ish (at the time) restaurant with my rather eldery great and uncle and they were very embarrassed. Looking back, I am too.
  • Options
    21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Haha, I've got a friend who insists on wearing one of these at parties, after someone told him it looked great! :p

They're hideous!

I (thankfully) saw sense when I turned 13 and decided I was too cool for everything.

As long as your friends happy and all that... it must take extraordinary self confidence to wear one as a "grown up" :D
  • Options
    TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A Laura Ashley dress with a puff skirt. A present from my best friend when we were 14.

But that's nothing comparing with my then-favourite night-out outfit during my uni years: a black chiffon bustier, black velvet hot pants, black tights, and knee-length lace-up flat boots.

Every time I remembered that outfit, my face burnt faster than a matchstick. Still does. I chose the outfit because I thought it made me look shorter, which I desperately wanted. So not only I had a bad taste, I was a moron.

Another embarrassing outfit: a white stretchy blouse, a painfully short red tartan skirt, black over-knee socks and black 'Bros-style' shoes with bottle tops attached (I didn't like Bros, but I liked the look of the shoes). Cringe. Thankfully, it didn't last because it attracted weirdos, especially on tube.

I wore everything from Flashdance. Leggings, grey sweat shirt with a torn neckline, leopard and black tights. I was a kid so I could get away with it. Only just. :D

I can't pick which of those is the most embarrassing. All those embarrass me.
  • Options
    paulsh1paulsh1 Posts: 2,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A couple of years ago,the day before I was going on holiday,I realised I needed a couple of extra items of clothes to pack.

I dashed to my local Asda and being caught up in the holiday mood bought a couple of "colourful" t-shirts and shorts from their holiday collection and threw them in the case.

It was only when I unpacked at the other end did I realise how hideous they were.

In the light of day,the shorts were a pink ,red and yellow flower design and one t-shirt was pea green! I might have just got away with them if I had been 16 but not a forty something!

Trouble was because I had packed so little,I had to wear them at some point.I have never been so embarrassed going out in public!

There are photographs on me on that holiday looking like a licorice allsort!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In about 1996 I had a silver puffa jacket. I even wore it on nights out with little dresses!! :o I dread to think what I must have looked like...
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    They're hideous!

I (thankfully) saw sense when I turned 13 and decided I was too cool for everything.

As long as your friends happy and all that... it must take extraordinary self confidence to wear one as a "grown up" :D

He's quite happy to look daft, he's one of those people who wouldn't even notice that people were laughing at him. Wish I was like that.
  • Options
    Pink KnightPink Knight Posts: 24,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wear a lot of black these days.
    In the past I have worn a red tank top with red shorts,(when I was 7 though, but there is still a photo of me posing with plastic dinosaurs in Scarborough.)
    Bright yellow V neck jumper with white teeshirt in the 80's. Then in the 90's I went through a phase of wearing German and Russian army jackets.
  • Options
    DinkyDooDinkyDoo Posts: 3,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A knee length red skirt and a red and white vertical striped blouse. I looked like one of those signs they used to hang outside the barbers:blush:
  • Options
    ONeillDigSpyONeillDigSpy Posts: 435
    Forum Member
    about 10 years ago, I wore my brothers t-shirt to mass, it had numbers written on it, 9U55Y,'Pussy' or 'I love pussy', something like that. I didn't realise what it said, I was 12 at the time.
  • Options
    lotsobearlotsobear Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    Skimpy swimming trunks. :blush:
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bright green cardigan with matching bright green skirt from Benetton.

Bright red cardigan with matching bright red skirt from Benetton.

Both outfits were worn with black tights.

You would never have guessed that I was actually quite shy and preferred to blend into the background.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mint wrote: »
    Bright green cardigan with matching bright green skirt from Benetton.

Bright red cardigan with matching bright red skirt from Benetton.

Both outfits were worn with black tights.

You would never have guessed that I was actually quite shy and preferred to blend into the background.
    I love a woman wearing green and black! :cool:
  • Options
    MintMint Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotsobear wrote: »
    I love a woman wearing green and black! :cool:

You wouldn't have loved me. All I needed was some baubles and fairy lights to complete the look.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Mint wrote: »
    You wouldn't have loved me. All I needed was some baubles and fairy lights to complete the look.
    Even better! :eek::cool::D
  • Options
    MissliMissli Posts: 3,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Knitted mittens on a string which I wore threaded through my coats as a child. :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Missli wrote: »
    Knitted mittens on a string which I wore threaded through my coats as a child. :blush:
    I sometimes used to wear those type of mittens you just mentioned, and I absolutely hated it. :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I sometimes used to wear those type of mittens you just mentioned, and I absolutely hated it. :mad:

Never lost one though. :D

They were so uncool! :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Never lost one though. :D

They were so uncool! :o
    I 'lost' mine on purpose because I hated them so much! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I 'lost' mine on purpose because I hated them so much! :D

I'd only have ended up getting a new pair knitted. :cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'd only have ended up getting a new pair knitted. :cry:
    My mum simply gave up as soon as I had lost two pairs! :D
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A short blue dress, knee-high black patent boots and a blonde wig.