What is some of the worst album/single cover art of the 2000s you've seen?

StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I was listening to Big Brovaz earlier and of course the album cover came up on Spotify and...wow. 2007! What a mess!

Big Brovaz - 'Re-Entry'

So I thought I should make a thread about it to see more. What truly awful album/single covers do you have in your music collection? Or have you seen and cringed?

I'm limiting it to the 2000s/modern stuff because we could laugh at older covers just because of the bad special effects or cringeworthy costumes. At least in the modern period we can laugh just at the horrible designs when people really should know better!

Comments

• MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take That - The Circus

Yuck....do we really need to see all those manky barefeet with crusty toes?!
    Makes me want to barf every time I see that cover art.
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I honestly can't think, I don't think I take notice anymore
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member
    The Saturdays - Wordshaker
    The album cover has to be the worst of theirs. The logo and colours are terrible and it doesn't stand out at all. No wonder the whole album campaign was a total disaster.

Lady Gaga - ARTPOP
    Awful, just awful. What is it even supposed to represent?

Lady Gaga - Born This Way
    Photo of her they used is terrible and not exactly attractive. I use a fanmade cover on my iTunes instead.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ke$ha - Warrior
    Miley Cyrus - Bangerz
  • MicrokorgMicrokorg Posts: 2,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Feeling- 12 stops and home
    James Blunt - any album
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lady Gaga - Artpop and Born this way (the BTW single cover should of been the album cover and the Applause single cover should of been the artpop album cover imo)
    Madonna - Hard candy
    Kylie Minogue - Kiss me once (hardly a flattering look of kylie)
    Beyonce - Beyonce (the words "Beyonce" in pink with a grey background. i wonder what original genius came up with that, although if you take the slip case off, your left with an even awful image of a close up of beyonce's unflattering bum)
    Leona Lewis - Glassheart (she looks like she has had a spliff and decided to draw a star on herself for fun)
    Christina Aguilera - Bionic (the bionic side of her face is just tacky)
    Cher - Closer to the truth (the woman's world single cover should of been the album cover)
    Cheryl Cole - A million lights
  • jonloch1jonloch1 Posts: 3,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J - Alive. i love the album but the album cover looks like a police mugshot
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lady Gaga - Artpop and Born this way (the BTW single cover should of been the album cover and the Applause single cover should of been the artpop album cover imo)
    Madonna - Hard candy
    Kylie Minogue - Kiss me once (hardly a flattering look of kylie)
    Beyonce - Beyonce (the words "Beyonce" in pink with a grey background. i wonder what original genius came up with that, although if you take the slip case off, your left with an even awful image of a close up of beyonce's unflattering bum)
    Leona Lewis - Glassheart (she looks like she has had a spliff and decided to draw a star on herself for fun)
    Christina Aguilera - Bionic (the bionic side of her face is just tacky)
    Cher - Closer to the truth (the woman's world single cover should of been the album cover)
    Cheryl Cole - A million lights

That album cover has become kind of iconic though. That purple text over a black background instantly becomes recognisable as related to Beyonce.
  • HitstasticHitstastic Posts: 8,627
    Forum Member
    Scissor Sisters - Night Work

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night_Work_(album)#mediaviewer/File:Nightlifescissorsisters.jpg

Definitely a cringeworthy cover.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »
    That album cover has become kind of iconic though. That purple text over a black background instantly becomes recognisable as related to Beyonce.

I think the word Iconic is a bit of an exaggeration. I don't think people in 30 years time will be discussing how amazing Beyonce's word art was.
  • jlp95bwfcjlp95bwfc Posts: 18,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    scratchy23 wrote: »

I wouldn't use the word iconic but I agree. It suits the way the album was released. The way it just dropped with the cover not giving anything away. I like it.
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »

Beat me to it! It is a cracking arse though! :)

EDIT no pun intended ooops!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Britney Spears - Blackout

Majority of hers tbh im not keen on
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,477
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hitstastic wrote: »

what?! that's a really great cover of a pretty impressive arse
  • kyleeekyleee Posts: 347
    Forum Member
    kylie x
    beyonce 4
  • ScottishWoodyScottishWoody Posts: 23,237
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Now 50 - They had clearly run out of ideas: it was a differently-coloured mirror-image of Now 48's cover, which had come out seven months earlier.
  • glyn9799glyn9799 Posts: 7,391
    Forum Member
    Girls Aloud 'Out of Control' album and singles all have absolutely terrible artwork. It really does look cheap and nasty. I've absolutely no idea who designed it all, but they really need to find a new job.

Similarly, all of Gagas the Born This Way stuff. The deluxe album cover is alright, but the standard (with the hideous bike) and all of the singles were just terrible. Judas?!?!? What the hell is that? She took a photo of a Word document :o
    Forum Member
    Britney Spears - Blackout

Majority of hers tbh im not keen on

I quite like that one and most of Britney's album artwork. Not so keen on the In The Zone one or the original US cover of Baby One More Time but apart from that I don't mind them. They're somewhat iconic in a way and easily recognisable as Britney :p I don't like the cover of Greatest Hits: My Prerogative though.
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone remember O Town, because this is pretty bland to be honest:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/O-Town_(album)#mediaviewer/File:Otownalbum.jpg
    Forum Member
    Hear'Say - Popstars
  • StratusSphereStratusSphere Posts: 2,813
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus Christ some of these are priceless in the worst way!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 325
    Forum Member
    A big fan of Madonna but Hard Candy is hideous
  • tonypennystonypennys Posts: 6,069
    Forum Member
    Status quo,s next album aquostic
    (stripped bare) will take some beating please lads keep it covered