Was this the episode The Apprentice became a farce?

ClackersClackers Posts: 628
Forum Member
✭✭
Who makes up these rules in the boardroom just for entertainment?

Disgraceful actually.

The skeleton was pretty impressive, but Lord Sugar just got outwitted and didn't like it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What?
  • ClackersClackers Posts: 628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What?

Adding on an extra £310 for the wrong skeleton?

Not even the RRP.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Definitely. It's been heading this way all this series, especially with the 20 candidates at the start - contrived way to do a couple of 'shock' mass firings.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sugar fails to see the difference of thinking outside the box & basically taking the @#@~
    He obviously feels that everyone wants to get one over on him, that was clearly not the case on this occasion, to me it shows some form of insecurity on his part.
    OR he just wanted to shaft that team to get shot of Filipe the choice is yours :blush:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As Sugar insists on parroting at least once a series, he's "judge, jury and executioner". He's often made these arbitrary decisions: there are often tasks where the winner is entirely decided by his whim. I don't think this week was a particularly egregious example of that.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clackers wrote: »

Not even the RRP.
    No, but it was the guide price in the task instructions - which is what is used to determine item fines.
  • Joel_BJoel_B Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    Who makes up these rules in the boardroom just for entertainment?

Disgraceful actually.

The skeleton was pretty impressive, but Lord Sugar just got outwitted and didn't like it.

The Apprentice has a been a business inspired game for ages. You not going to so suggest that people are hired like the Apprentice...? Or that businesses invest in ideas based on packing people away on random tasks for weeks.

It's a game show. Once you accept that it is a bit of silly fun.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It smacked of an excuse to get rid off Felipe.
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was a farce. A farce for not accepting it and a farce for the price.
  • Joel_BJoel_B Posts: 164
    Forum Member
    0...0 wrote: »
    It smacked of an excuse to get rid off Felipe.

His idea was something to do with disabled children. so Lord Alan ran a mile.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was clearly the wrong decision, the best team lost. This series has been pathetic, and it's mainly down to Sugar. If they want to continue the programme, get a new, younger entrepreneur and freshen things up..that's if they can find anyone who wants to take the job.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Joel_B wrote: »
    His idea was something to do with disabled children. so Lord Alan ran a mile.

Chortle.
  • Sherlock_HolmesSherlock_Holmes Posts: 6,882
    Forum Member

Not even the RRP.

Sigh. The 310 was including the fine for the rope.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    He got outwitted and didn't like it. It was as simple as that.
  • slouchingthatchslouchingthatch Posts: 2,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sigh. The 310 was including the fine for the rope.
    No, it wasn't. The rope fine was £52. The £310 was the guide price for the skeleton alone. I've got the breakdown of how the team's totals broke down in my weekly review, which I'll post over on the poll thread in a minute.
  • .Lauren..Lauren. Posts: 7,864
    Forum Member
    If it had been a different task and it had won them money, Sugar would be heralding it as genius.
  • cardiff boyocardiff boyo Posts: 3,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a proper skeleton though! if a paper skeleton is acceptable why not go to a toy store and buy a plastic diamond!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .Lauren. wrote: »
    He got outwitted and didn't like it. It was as simple as that.

That's true. He should have been praising them for following the vague instructions and thinking outside the box. But Sugar has no sense of humour, unless he's the one making the jokes..then all his sycophants have to laugh or look for another job.
  • Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It wasn't a proper skeleton though! if a paper skeleton is acceptable why not go to a toy store and buy a plastic diamond!

Plastic skeleton is not a skeleton either by that logic...
  • ryanr554ryanr554 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought Lord Sugar was in the right to be honest. If I asked somebody to get me a Skeleton and they brought me back that, I would have had the same reaction. They didn't even build it!

All of the fines were not just for the skeleton either.
    1. Price of Skeleton which is around £200
    2. Fine for not getting Skeleton about £50
    3. Fine for not getting the length of the rope correct (which I did think was unfair) £50
    4. Actual price of the Paper Skeleton was like £13 which is essentially wasted money
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well, I did wonder why they just didn't buy a cheap diamond chip for a couple of pounds. There was nothing to say it had to be a single cut diamond, was there ?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ryanr554 wrote: »
    I thought Lord Sugar was in the right to be honest. If I asked somebody to get me a Skeleton and they brought me back that, I would have had the same reaction. They didn't even build it!

All of the fines were not just for the skeleton either.
    1. Price of Skeleton which is around £200
    2. Fine for not getting Skeleton about £50
    3. Fine for not getting the length of the rope correct (which I did think was unfair) £50
    4. Actual price of the Paper Skeleton was like £13 which is essentially wasted money

In Engineering, you specify exactly what you want. It didn't specify it. Companies lose out plenty of times because they aren't clear and their rules are up for interpretation. Lord Sugar got it wrong. He got outfoxed and didn't like it.
  • allafixallafix Posts: 20,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought the rope fine was less justified than the skeleton one. He got 70% more rope than he wanted for nothing.
  • chaz richchaz rich Posts: 1,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Because you could buy a 10 foot plastic diamond but it wont have any carats in it unlike a £50 diamond, the skeleton which was stated had to be a full anatomical one, it never stated what it should have been made of.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chaz rich wrote: »
    Because you could buy a 10 foot plastic diamond but it wont have any carats in it unlike a £50 diamond, the skeleton which was stated had to be a full anatomical one, it never stated what it should have been made of.

This exactly. Alan Sugar is a disgrace, farcical episode.