Karma for Mark

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
Forum Member
✭✭✭
....Mark said that Sanjay will be the worst doing the presentation....and then Mark had a sore throat and he could not stop coughing lol

Comments

• jules1000jules1000 Posts: 10,709
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was so bad it almost seemed set up.
  • Gwaed WaedlydGwaed Waedlyd Posts: 5,401
    Forum Member
    How was he not fired? They lost the task based on him messing up the presentation and the brand was hated.
  • SillyBillyGoatSillyBillyGoat Posts: 22,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I thought. It was perfect that it happened right after he referred to himself as "the prize Stallion". Shame he still survived.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How was he not fired? They lost the task based on him messing up the presentation and the brand was hated.

Strange things happen at The Apprentice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Because by the time the losing team were brought back, everyone forgot there had been a task and it became all about their business plans.

Having said that, Mark had been a much stronger candidate than Sanjay throughout the series, and arguably as strong as Katie.
  • beatrice39beatrice39 Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whilst it was a terrible pitch, I wouldn't wish that for anyone.
  • annie24601annie24601 Posts: 3,439
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was quite glad Mark got taken down a peg or too, but felt quite sorry for him as well. He looked pretty ill by the end of the episode :(
  • JavarnJohnsonJavarnJohnson Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Poetic justice.
  • AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Katie let the stallion out of the stable but then found out it was a donkey.
  • GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    He has to stay in if only to watch him squirm in the interviews. We'll see how much is true or how much he's actually made up. This is when they really get found out.
  • SquatchSquatch Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mark has spent the last 10 weeks undermining the tasks, because he was so busy concentrating on who to shaft so he could pin the blame on them in the boardroom.

Now I realise after seeing him sweat and panic, that he was so anxious about being taken back in the boardroom that he would rather have picked off and blamed other candidates than risk putting his ideas and skills forward in attempting to actually win the tasks, in case he failed and got criticised.

I think Mark is a bitch and has a pathological fear of failure.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ooooft... that was toe-curlingly painful to watch. very self-assured all throughout the process beforehand then that happened. pressure severely got to him. he could be torn a new one next week... should make for good viewing :)
  • DiabolusDiabolus Posts: 1,012
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    capekdeh wrote: »
    ....Mark said that Sanjay will be the worst doing the presentation....and then Mark had a sore throat and he could not stop coughing lol

Forget the sore throat, Mark could have has his larynx ripped out Pat Swayze style in Roadhouse and he'd still be a better presenter than Sanjay.
  • iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant believe that actually happened to the stallion in the pitch - first real crisis in the process for him Was kind of fun seeing him sweat/squirm so hard in the boardroom :cool:
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the sheer thought of being fired before Daniel. That's all it was

Lucky git he was
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    It looked like play acting to me.

He'd obviously worked out after the first pitch that they had a terrible product and had a good chance of being the losing team this week. Since he wouldn't be able to weasel his way out of being in the final boardroom, his best chance would be to stitch up Katie and Sanjay in one go, then play for sympathy.

And it worked!
  • RutakatekiRutakateki Posts: 2,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jules1000 wrote: »
    It was so bad it almost seemed set up.

I got the feeling it was edited together to sound worse than it was. Some of those coughs sound exactly the same, like the production team used the same cough twice.
  • TallywackerTallywacker Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think it was manipulated. We've all been there with a frog in the throat at the most inopportune of times. The stressful situation just makes it feel 10 times worse. Really, Sanj or Katie should have stepped in sooner rather than let him soldier on and dig their grave.

As for not getting fired, thats mainly because Sugar finds his BP credible and he otherwise seems to like the guy.
  • Harper_MilneHarper_Milne Posts: 2,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    he's so cute when he's nervous doe
  • Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    What sums Mark up for me is all through last nights programme, all his to camera pieces and all his one to ones with Katie were basically slagging everyone else off but himself. And what really annoyed me is virtually the first thing out of him mouth when back in the house, was having ago at Daniel, will the guy ever learn. 2 members of that team are back stabbing little shits, and thank the gods one of them went last night.
  • meglosmurmursmeglosmurmurs Posts: 35,105
    Forum Member
    It was incredibly satisfying watching him choke on that huge slice of humble pie.
    Though I actually felt a little bit sorry for him and thought that it would have been unfair to fire him for it. I even considered that it might be an attempt at a bit of redemption for all the arrogance he has shown. Show him gaining a bit of humility so that the audience feels sorry for him and starts to root for him, all just in time for his win.

But then he kept going back to his stubbornly arrogant ways again and I was like "Err maybe not".

I think there is such a thing as trying to be too clever for your own good when it comes to reading the edit.
    Katie was my winner pick, so that kind of speaks for itself really.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder was he actually ill? The sweating and paleness in the Boardroom seemed like more than just nerves.

That said, it was a very satisfying moment of karma and I wasn't exactly sorry to see him mess up the presentation. I just wish we could have seen Daniel's reaction when he admitted what happened to LS.
  • lankyguy007lankyguy007 Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    He might have been a little ill but I'm not sure he was. When it was he, Daniel and Lauren in the boardroom a few weeks ago, I thought he seemed a little on edge there as well so it didn't really surprise me that he did seem nervous in last night's episode when it looked a bit sticky for him, though I wasn't quite expecting the pitch debacle.
  • The RhydlerThe Rhydler Posts: 4,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember a few weeks back when he patronising Daniel about learnt lessons

Hope you've learnt yours, son.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,438
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exactly what I though OP. It has karma written all over it. Thought he needed that after all of his manipulation for the past few weeks. Don't get why he wasn't fired :(