What Monsters would like to see in the next season Dr Who

rojorojo Posts: 126
Forum Member
The reason I asked this, I read an interview with Russell T. Davis in last nights Wolverhampton's Express and Star, and he confirmed that the Cybermen would return. :)

Comments

• bee.fearbee.fear Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    i don't want to see the daleks in series 2 because of the cybermen, but perhaps the master could also make a return, or we could go back to the masters origin! :)
  • cj592cj592 Posts: 4,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bee.fear wrote:
    i don't want to see the daleks in series 2 because of the cybermen, but perhaps the master could also make a return, or we could go back to the masters origin! :)

I think there is a lot more mileage out of the master yet. It would be good to get 'into' his character more.

But mostly I want new adversaries. like the slitheen.

I liked the slitheen

Cj
  • Roy's KeenRoy's Keen Posts: 681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rojo wrote:
    The reason I asked this, I read an interview with Russell T. Davis in last nights Wolverhampton's Express and Star, and he confirmed that the Cybermen would return. :)

Judging by the location of the newspaper, at least Mr. Davies is advertising for monsters in the right area...
  • mb@2daymb@2day Posts: 10,788
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like to see the cybermen again , great looking aliens- how about some diffferent coloured ones this time . gold , red ,purple !!:wow:
    The sea devils were scary when i was young :eek: -worth trying a rerun.

How about bringing back Martin Clunes camp character , that'd be good.
    rojo wrote:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 438
    Forum Member
    You can never have too many Daleks!
  • Peej KertonPeej Kerton Posts: 3,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Roy's Keen wrote:
    Judging by the location of the newspaper, at least Mr. Davies is advertising for monsters in the right area...

Poppin up the Molineux would find him 25,000 of them!!
    No makeup needed either
  • LucaLuca Posts: 1,646
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Blair would be nice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotster wrote:
    You can never have too many Daleks!
    In that same article (I think) RTD ruled out a return for the Daleks next series as what happens next episode is so monumental! :eek: :eek: :D:D
  • alienpandaalienpanda Posts: 9,444
    Forum Member
    The Rani! Kate O'Mara looks very scary these days! Bring her bacK!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    Dr Who without daleks :eek: You must be joking!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    mb@2day wrote:
    I'd like to see the cybermen again , great looking aliens- how about some diffferent coloured ones this time . gold , red ,purple !!:wow:
    The sea devils were scary when i was young :eek: -worth trying a rerun.

How about bringing back Martin Clunes camp character , that'd be good.

Different coloured Cybermen would be great. Def should bring Martin Clunes camp character back.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,340
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    how about the darleks and cybermen teaming up, might be a good finale to the next series
    Forum Member
    In that same article (I think) RTD ruled out a return for the Daleks next series as what happens next episode is so monumental! :eek: :eek: :D:D

I'd heard that, that's why I'm launching my dalek campaign now!

You can't do Dr Who without a dalek!

(And there's lots and lots of different time frames for different dalek battles!)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spotster wrote:
    I'd heard that, that's why I'm launching my dalek campaign now!

You can't do Dr Who without a dalek!

(And there's lots and lots of different time frames for different dalek battles!)
    Just 'cos they're not there next season doesn't mean they're gone forever! Calm yourselves - the Daleks always pop up eventually :D
  • weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member
    The Yetis :eek: <shudder>
    Forum Member
    Calm yourselves :D

I can't *do* calm this week!! Roll on Saturday!!!! Oh my husband is glad the cybermen are coming back. Years ago he bought me a cyberman model kit - even though he knew I wanted a dalek!

Actually, I'll give any monsters a go - as long as they make me jump :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,432
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to see some of the one off enemies from the old series get a re vamp like the following
    Zygons
    Kraals
    Haemovorres
    Krynoids (Could be fantastic given new FX)
    Ogrons
  • EraserheadEraserhead Posts: 22,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Cybermen would be great. It was good to see a Cyberman head in Van Statten's museum in the Dalek episode.

I'd like to see the Sontarans as well. They always scared me as a kid.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eraserhead wrote:
    The Cybermen would be great. It was good to see a Cyberman head in Van Statten's museum in the Dalek episode.

I'd like to see the Sontarans as well. They always scared me as a kid.
    The Cybermen are going to be great!
    Confirmed by no less than RTD himself for Series 2!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 792
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see one of the people in The Mill is called David Bowman - would be good if Hal9000 made a guest appearance sometime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pleased to see the Cybermen are returning. Wouldn't mind seeing the Zygons again as thought they were great back in the early Baker days and could've returned but never did. No objections to seeing The Master again either if they got the casting right and the script/story wasn't just the predictable he wants to take over the universe and the Doctor will stop him scenario. Been done to death. Think they need to introduce a new dimension to the character. Shame they killed off Magnus Greel from Talons of Weng-Chiang as there was a great adversary. Just no more Slitheen...well not for a couple of seasons anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    a wooooooooooooooooookie :D:D:D:D:p
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just 'cos they're not there next season doesn't mean they're gone forever! Calm yourselves - the Daleks always pop up eventually :D

Every Bloody series in fact :D
  • MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Zygons, Sea Devils and the Rani.

Oh my.

The Zygons are just creepy, and the whole 'who is/who isn't a Zygon' paranoia would work brilliantly with a Steven Moffat script. But no silly Loch Ness monster next time!

I love the Sea Devils. Their (original) design was so frightening. That shot of them coming out of the sea gave me nightmares for years. And I love their whole back story - that they aren't aliens, but a race that was on earth before humans evolved and who want the earth back. The ethical implications would work brilliantly with a modern script. Lets just ignore Warriors of the Deep and pretend it never ever happened.

And The Rani is a great villain. Not evil, just dedicated to her science and with no ethics what so ever. Well, OK, maybe a bit evil. What she did to gorgeous Luke in Mark of the Rani was just awful.
  • bigaltbigalt Posts: 1,928
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yetis

I want me Yetis:D:D