Love/Hate S04 - RTÉ Ireland Pace - *Will contain Spoilers for UK Pace Viewers*

Comments

• irishfeenirishfeen Posts: 10,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superb episode, amazing tension throughout... fell into place exactly as I thought it would. Fran is a dangerous bastard, Tommy is slipping into the abyss and Nidge is just fighting for his life/empire from numerous different fronts... great too to see the Gardaí back to their old tricks again :)
  • Rocket QueenRocket Queen Posts: 1,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks irish, will catch up on episode soon!:)
    (glad Tommy still with us)

I see season 4 is on Amazon as a pre order (Nov)
    6 episodes at a time, keeps folks coming back for more;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks irish, will catch up on episode soon!:)
    (glad Tommy still with us)

I see season 4 is on Amazon as a pre order (Nov)
    6 episodes at a time, keeps folks coming back for more;)
    Ah now I didn't say that ;) ... I try not to give the whole story away and ruin it for you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    irishfeen wrote: »
    Ah now I didn't say that ;) ... I try not to give the whole story away and ruin it for you.

I know you don't give the story away, and I do thank you for that, I'll catch up with you when I've watched it, but can I just ask, is Tommy ok?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know you don't give the story away, and I do thank you for that, I'll catch up with you when I've watched it, but can I just ask, is Tommy ok?
    No I won't say, it would ruin it for you...you will have to watch to find out :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I won't say, it would ruin it for you...you will have to watch to find out :)

Aww, ok, (I'll probably be glad you haven't told me!):)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fair play, falling into place nicely now with three episodes to go in this season.

Tommy didn't get elected but got nominated real good. Can see Nidge going totally balubaa's next week as he really is getting paranoid and losing it. He seems to feel guilty about a lot of things now - Tommy, his mother - and the guards and the RA have him spooked.

Fran is turning out to be the best character in L/H now, really coming into his own. The more I see of him the happier I am that the Irish Sea is between us as I would not like to run into him at any time of day !

The junkie crack **** is going to get a good tuning in the coming weeks too I think while Aido being pregnant was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MC57 wrote: »
    Fair play, falling into place nicely now with three episodes to go in this season.

Tommy didn't get elected but got nominated real good. Can see Nidge going totally balubaa's next week as he really is getting paranoid and losing it. He seems to feel guilty about a lot of things now - Tommy, his mother - and the guards and the RA have him spooked.

Fran is turning out to be the best character in L/H now, really coming into his own. The more I see of him the happier I am that the Irish Sea is between us as I would not like to run into him at any time of day !

The junkie crack **** is going to get a good tuning in the coming weeks too I think while Aido being pregnant was one of the funniest things I've seen in a while...
    Agree that Fran now makes the show...I wonder could we see a total split in the group - as in Fran going it alone away from Nidge (if he survives) and next season we could have the emergence of a Fran gang in direct opposition (gang warfare) to Nidge and the cops struggling to cope with keeping tabs on them.

Fran could also get involved in the IRA and get rid of Nidge out of the equation ... so many possibilities - will make for a very interesting finish to the season.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an episode, this just gets better and better!
    was on the edge of my seat with the Tommy story,
    I'll be surprised if Nidge will be back next season (if there's going to be one)
    and Fran is going to take over, he is one mad bastard:eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What an episode, this just gets better and better!
    was on the edge of my seat with the Tommy story,
    I'll be surprised if Nidge will be back next season (if there's going to be one)
    and Fran is going to take over, he is one mad bastard:eek:
    Very good wasn't it .. You know now why I didn't want to ruin the Tommy storyline for you ;) ... yeah Fran is now a loose cannon and Nidge just managed to talk him around this time.

I would imagine RTÉ will definitely ask for at least one further season if not more... its probably the most successful homegrown programme on RTÉ since its establishment in terms of at home and abroad.
  • plateletplatelet Posts: 26,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree that Fran now makes the show...I wonder could we see a total split in the group - as in Fran going it alone away from Nidge (if he survives) and next season we could have the emergence of a Fran gang in direct opposition (gang warfare) to Nidge and the cops struggling to cope with keeping tabs on them.

Fran could also get involved in the IRA and get rid of Nidge out of the equation ... so many possibilities - will make for a very interesting finish to the season.

I can't see both Nidge and Fran surviving the season to be honest, I think they will be going head to head by the final episode. If I had to bet on it I'd say Tommy will fall to "natural causes" say a brain bleed, and Nidge will assume Fran took him out then war erupting between them.

I think the cops will be a slow burn held other for the next season
  • sirgockstersirgockster Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    I'm loving the pace of the show this season, Not all guns blazing but still edge of the seat stuff, You just know it's building up to one hell of a finale, I would hate to see Nidge or Fran get clipped, They're brilliant characters for action and comedy value.

I can't see either get clipped, The whole show is about them especially Nidge, If one of the actors are moving on to better things then hopefully they get locked up and leave the door open for a return down the line, I recal an interview with Stuart Carolan and he mentioned he regretted killing of John Boy, So I can't see him making the same mistake twice but with saying that, This show does the opposite of what you think will happen

I thought we would have had a communion day massacre with all the talk it was been given in the first few episodes, then when the mother died I thought a funeral massacre was on the cards, but it did not happened, It was interesting with the close up of Nidge in the church and right behind him was his son, I fear for him in this series, I have done from the 1st episode but apart from that I really don'y know what will happen next which is what drama should be about, It would be boring if we knew the ending

Stuart Carolan mentioned in a interview also that season 4 is going to be darker than ever and push new boundaries , So far we have not seen it which tells me we are in for a jaw dropping finale
  • KidPokerKidPoker Posts: 4,294
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it will last to about season 6. It is clearly RTE's best show and brings in its highest ratings.
    Forum Member
    Their was talk of a spin off series about dissidents, It's a show that has legs for a few more years, RTE won't want to give up on their biggest money spinner

On another note, Looks like the US are going make their own Love/Hate, I'm sure they will have a bigger budget to work with, So be worth looking out for down the line
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From RTÉ... Gritty crime drama Love/Hate proved to be a ratings success once again last night, as the third episode pulled in an average audience of 936,900 and a 52% share.... when you think the Irish population is 4.5 million and when you discount under 18's and the people who recorded it, watched it online or on +1.... its actually quiet unbelievable for Sunday night viewing. Well done RTÉ!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, quite incredible really.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Yeah, quite incredible really.
    It would translate if my figures are right with about 13,000,000 adults on average watching a programme in the UK.... Amazing in that light.
    Forum Member
    Its incredible and that does not include those who watch it on rte+1 and online, I usually watch it online during the week just before they take it down and I'm sure I'm not the only one
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its incredible and that does not include those who watch it on rte+1 and online, I usually watch it online during the week just before they take it down and I'm sure I'm not the only one
    Yeah I read that episode 1 this season had 30,000 people watching on +1 alone and that's not even taking into account the RTÉ Player.... the figures would suggest viewing probably tops the 1 million mark from week to week.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    platelet wrote: »
    I can't see both Nidge and Fran surviving the season to be honest, I think they will be going head to head by the final episode. If I had to bet on it I'd say Tommy will fall to "natural causes" say a brain bleed, and Nidge will assume Fran took him out then war erupting between them.

I think the cops will be a slow burn held other for the next season
    I think we will loose one main character this season ... either Nidge, Fran or Tommy and probably one or a couple just underneath (maybe Nidges child/wife or maybe a member of the Gardaí) ... I'm leaning towards Fran defying Nidge and cliping Tommy in cold blood to set up an explosive S05 - Nidge v Fran v IRA v Gardaí.
    Forum Member
    Season 5 has got to be Fran v Nidge, I just don't know were they go with Tommy's character the same goes for Siobhan (Maybe witness protection) Their was talk she had offers in the UK, So she may have got to big for the show now, As much as we love the show the actors have a living to make and careers to look after and Love/Hate is low budget

If we lose Fran or Nidge hopefully its prison time rather than the bullet, I think the dentist is getting to big for his boots, The way he acted in the brothel at the end he thinks he is now part of the gang and asking for the sub may come back to haunt him, Hopefully he is not in it long his voice is irritating or he takes a silent role in the background with no scenes, I did not understand the scene with his family, Maybe it was the writers showing us that behind his death hopefully he had an innocent family who had nothing to do with crime
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think after John Boy and then Darren going last year it would seriously hurt the show if Fran or Nidge was taken out. Think Nidge's wife / oldest son (been given a lot more screen time this series) is a contender to go.

I know the writers said they want to shock people and for it to be unexpected, but taking out either of the previously mentioned 2 would seriously harm it. Think it will end with Fran and Nidge going to war against each other and playing out next year.

Can see Elmo siding with Fran.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    KidPoker wrote: »
    Think after John Boy and then Darren going last year it would seriously hurt the show if Fran or Nidge was taken out. Think Nidge's wife / oldest son (been given a lot more screen time this series) is a contender to go.

I know the writers said they want to shock people and for it to be unexpected, but taking out either of the previously mentioned 2 would seriously harm it. Think it will end with Fran and Nidge going to war against each other and playing out next year.

Can see Elmo siding with Fran.
    Yeah would agree with you there, I think Tommy will be the one to go this season along with a few minor characters as you say. What I think we might see is one of them (either Nidge or Fran) probably Nidge being imprisoned (this will keep the IRA at bay) and somehow get off early next season while Fran was building his own empire in the mean time... I agree with the Fran v Nidge warfare next season, it seems like the logical thing at this stage.
  • How VeryHow Very Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    I live in NI and never watched RTE in my life until I discovered this show. Watched S1 on Channel 5, watched S2 and S3 on Vimeo, and am now tuning into RTE every week. Unbelieveable show, can't get over how good it is.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How Very wrote: »
    I live in NI and never watched RTE in my life until I discovered this show. Watched S1 on Channel 5, watched S2 and S3 on Vimeo, and am now tuning into RTE every week. Unbelieveable show, can't get over how good it is.
    Is it in the clear on sky up north or are you watching it via Saorview?