Options

Malaysian Airline 777 missing 239 feared dead

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Those poor, poor families. To be thankful that it seems their waiting is over feels callous, but I do hope they can soon begin to heal. :(
  • Options
    lizbetlizbet Posts: 854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pandora 9 wrote: »
    Looks like they will be taken there to wait for the bodies to be recovered. Heartbreaking for the families.

Just awful :(:(
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    snoweyowl wrote: »
    We still haven't seen these French images which is a mystery. This could be because they contain too little or too much.

how heartbreaking if it turns out to be life rafts full of bodies :(
  • Options
    LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't decide if I'm relieved or just really sad for everyone involved in this.
  • Options
    NirvanaGirlNirvanaGirl Posts: 2,511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    one of the Sky News commentators or their guests called it 'exciting' earlier...it's not exciting at all it's tragic!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Oh God :(
  • Options
    d'@ved'@ve Posts: 45,531
    Forum Member
    Confirmed on BBC News: families told by airline text message that plane went down in S Indian Ocean and none on board survived. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Relatives told no survivors. Sadness.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't decide if I'm relieved or just really sad for everyone involved in this.

I'm the same, part of me was holding out hope that the plane had landed spmewhere (unrealistic I know), on the other hand its better if they know what happened rather than not....but at least before there was a tiny hope......:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,720
    Forum Member
    Malaysia Airlines: beyond doubt that MH370 was lost in the Indian Ocean and none of those on board survived.
  • Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if sonar has detected the fuselage?
  • Options
    Pandora 9Pandora 9 Posts: 2,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I kind of guessed no one would survive, poor people. :(

What on earth happened on that plane to make the pilot ditch in the ocean?
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just seen on BBC a text has been sent to Relatives
    "Malaysia Airlines deeply regrets that we have to assume beyond any reasonable doubt that MH370 has been lost and that none of those on board survived. As you will hear in the next hour from Malaysia's Prime Minister, we must now accept all evidence suggests the plane went down in the Southern Indian Ocean."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Relatives told no survivors. Sadness.:(

Devastating:cry::cry:
  • Options
    MissWalfordMissWalford Posts: 728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a shame but I think we all knew there would be a very slim chance that there would be survivors. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lizbet wrote: »
    I'm the same, part of me was holding out hope that the plane had landed spmewhere (unrealistic I know), on the other hand its better if they know what happened rather than not....but at least before there was a tiny hope......:(

Yes, I think we probably all knew this plane had suffered something horrible, but because it couldn't be found there was a glimmer that this might have a happier ending. I just hope they find the black box quickly and figure out what the hell happened.:(
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    Electra wrote: »
    how heartbreaking if it turns out to be life rafts full of bodies :(

I really cannot see there being any survivors. I have a feeling everyone was out already during the flight itself.
    If the plane continued on in a straight line and ran out of fuel, it would effectively drop like a stone. Especially if nobody is at the controls. It will glide to a point but no way near soft enough to land on a ocean like that and stay intact.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jzee wrote: »
    I wonder if sonar has detected the fuselage?

It seems that they are just picking up debris at the moment, debris which has travelled hundreds of miles from the site of the crash. They will have to examine wind and tide patterns to backtrack to, hopefully, a point of origin - and even that will be extremely difficult given the massive area to be covered. May be many weeks/months before they find the black box, etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So no plane yet, just data extrapolation?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Wow, further Inmarsat analysis and AAIB calculations never before done. Doppler shift frequency analysis?

They must be damned sure of their calculations. Wow just Wow. But very sad. :(
  • Options
    Jeremy BenthamJeremy Bentham Posts: 331
    Forum Member
    Well until they find bodies I can't see how they'd say no one has survived . Yes, it's very unlikely but still quite final. Guess it depends on what they have found.
  • Options
    stargazer61stargazer61 Posts: 70,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Uk (Imarset) company using a type of analysis never before used on an investigation of this source and concluded the plane few along southern corridor, and last known position established in southern Indian ocean. Malay PM now concluding plane has crashed into the sea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder how they worked it out?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Malaysia PM: UK Air Accidents Investigation Branch have informed me that Inmarsat has been further examining their data. Using a type of analysis never before used in an investigation of this sort, they have been able to shed new light on MH370's flight path. Based on this analysis, Inmarsat and AAIB have concluded that MH370 flew along the southern corridor, and that its last position was in the middle of the Indian Ocean west of Perth. This is a remote location far from any possible landing sites. It is therefore with deep sadness and regret that I must inform you that according to this new data, flight MH370 ended in the southern Indian Ocean.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wonder how they worked it out?

Doppler shift frequency analysis?

Sounds like amazing science anyway.
This discussion has been closed.