The Alexandra Burke Appreciation Thread (Part 14)

Comments

• Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    volume3d wrote: »
    Alex needs Start without you vol2 for big trash commercial comeback!Its so depressive to read this thread, to watch her picts on facebook with just 200 likes, to read her desperate brother's tweets etc etc

Please god no!! That's the last thing she needs!
  • volume3dvolume3d Posts: 846
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Please god no!! That's the last thing she needs!

thats the only thing that can save her :) look at likes and dislikes under STW video...people love it :) I'm not saying that song is good (quality vise) but its good for bringing someone back from irrelevancy
    New Rules EP, Shine&No more you (or whatever was the name of other song) and this last ballad are probably worst music I have heard in my entire life by any musician...Alex needs something else!
    SWY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything she recorded in last 2.5years
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    Alex needs Start without you vol2 for big trash commercial comeback!
    Its so depressive to read this thread, to watch her picts on facebook with just 200 likes, to read her desperate brother's tweets etc etc

Most of her pics get 2k + tbh
    Only 1s in albums which dont cos they like the album not the pic.

She only used to get like 500 throughout Overcome so her FB has improved regarding likes...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thats the only thing that can save her :) look at likes and dislikes under STW video...people love it :) I'm not saying that song is good (quality vise) but its good for bringing someone back from irrelevancy
    New Rules EP, Shine&No more you (or whatever was the name of other song) and this last ballad are probably worst music I have heard in my entire life by any musician...Alex needs something else!
    SWY >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything she recorded in last 2.5years

I disagree. She could have a fantastic song that was increidbly commerical but it still wouldn't do anything for her in the UK as she isn't liked at all. Also, it would be pointless in her doing it as it would be a step back. I'm still of the opinion that The Bodyguard was a good move for her...we knew it wasn't going to ever translate into music sales, but she needed to do something which showed off her voice and allowed her to receive praise as she really wasn't liked at all. Next step is for her to head over to the U.S and start releasing music that she wants to release and is comfortable with...that's what will make her an artist. Staying in the UK and releasing another SWY would do absolutely nothing for her.
  • ukaszenkoooukaszenkooo Posts: 425
    Forum Member
    I disagree. She could have a fantastic song that was increidbly commerical but it still wouldn't do anything for her in the UK as she isn't liked at all. Also, it would be pointless in her doing it as it would be a step back. I'm still of the opinion that The Bodyguard was a good move for her...we knew it wasn't going to ever translate into music sales, but she needed to do something which showed off her voice and allowed her to receive praise as she really wasn't liked at all. Next step is for her to head over to the U.S and start releasing music that she wants to release and is comfortable with...that's what will make her an artist. Staying in the UK and releasing another SWY would do absolutely nothing for her.

True! Amen to that! The Bodyguard did her a justice, people noticed her voice again... Now she can go to US as Alexandra Burke the girl with powerfull voice, the girl who sang with Beyonce, the girl who sang Whitney.. Not the Flop Girl from UK.
    Maybe (just maybe) it will help her get a good label (maybe she already have one)... :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Alex needs Start without you vol2 for big trash commercial comeback!
    Its so depressive to read this thread, to watch her picts on facebook with just 200 likes, to read her desperate brother's tweets etc etc

I'd personally move on from SWU, as well as it did I think for her talent she can do so much more. If you generally referring to connecting on getting commercial support back then I agree on that aspect because if she can get radio back on side, this shall in turn reconnect her to casual listeners to expand her potential reach. THAT for me was the biggest issue, losing the radio play disconnecting which threw HOH under the bus.

Hopefully, any potential label/management can help rebuild that relationship, subject to politics of course.

As for her brother as "desperate" - I thinks thats inaccurate, disrespectful and uncalled for. Don't you have siblings that you support? I'm sure you'd be the same if you was in his position. Her career has taken a hit in last couple years and its cool he gets behind her through thick & thin. I'm pretty sure he has his own life & career and isn't financially dependant on Alexandra to be "desperate"

You may not agree with everything he tweets and thats all good because I dont either but If you dont like what he tweets, simply unfollow & move on. It's the same with the moaning (another poster) about Alexandra RT'ing positive feedback, leave the girl to do it if she pleases.
    Forum Member

100% agree
    Forum Member
    Forgot to mention, going to my first show this friday!!!! :D:D:D:D

Anyone else going soon?
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nation wrote: »
    100% agree

So do I Alex needs to really go after this for minimum one year
  • FanFromHollandFanFromHolland Posts: 5,987
    Forum Member
    Ugh, she just looks so unattractive to me with that hair :(
    Her body is fire tho!
  • ShoedShoed Posts: 5,891
    Forum Member
    I love the hair tbh
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shoed wrote: »
    I love the hair tbh

Same here, she looks amazing, and it hasn't aged her in that picture either.
  • Rob200696Rob200696 Posts: 1,767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm going a week on Wednesday in the evening I'm so excited!!
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Nation wrote: »
    Great pic, she is looking really well. Keeping in shape and looking sharp :o

She actually looks like fire.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    I like the look but there is nothing popstar about it. Could pick 30 girls in Croydon that dress like that.

I do think her new boobs have given her more style confidence.

Alex needs to find something to set herself apart from the pack to do well in the america. I hope she does.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like the look but there is nothing popstar about it. Could pick 30 girls in Croydon that dress like that.

I do think her new boobs have given her more style confidence.

Alex needs to find something to set herself apart from the pack to do well in the america. I hope she does.

But she wasn't performing during that pic. On a day to day basis, even Beyonce looks amazing when she's not performing, but she doesn't look like a popstar and where the outfits etc. I think that what Alex is wearing in that pic looks really good. In fact, I think her style is on point these days. We don't moan about her look anywhere near as much as we used to. Also, if I do see her wearing something I don't like, it's usually just that it's not to my taste, doesn't mean she doesn't look amazing. Although, her main issue has always been her stage outfits...there have been some horrific ones. If things go well in the U.S though they'll sort all that out. No way on earth they'd let her on stage there wearing a poka dot crop top and tight leather trousers!!
    Forum Member

I dunno why but when I saw this pic I thought that she might be shooting video to single secretly.. But naaah, it ain't possible.. But she looks like fire. I can't take my eyes of her nowadays!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,330
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dunno why but when I saw this pic I thought that she might be shooting video to single secretly.. But naaah, it ain't possible.. But she looks like fire. I can't take my eyes of her nowadays!

Azealia's in the UK and she also has pictures with that guy on his Instagram. She has also just begun releasing her music independently again and, when I asked Alex if she'd work with Azealia during a ask session she said **** yeah.
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »
    Azealia's in the UK and she also has pictures with that guy on his Instagram. She has also just begun releasing her music independently again and, when I asked Alex if she'd work with Azealia during a ask session she said **** yeah.

That would be awesome! I thought that they should work together when I saw Azelia at The Bodyguard. Maybe there is something going on in secrect as a surprise for us? Just maybe
  • iseloidiseloid Posts: 9,392
    Forum Member
    Postbox wrote: »

She'd love to work with others to, but in her label days she wasn't allowed. I remember she couldn't do a duet with Trey Songz because it would have to be r&b and Syco wouldn't allow it.
  • NiiiiiiikNiiiiiiik Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iseloid wrote: »
    She'd love to work with others to, but in her label days she wasn't allowed. I remember she couldn't do a duet with Trey Songz because it would have to be r&b and Syco wouldn't allow it.

Pathetic!!! At Alex not being able to collab with trey

And I said this days ago about azealia and the idea got dismissed hopefully it's true