Options

Is it me or is Simon the nicest on this show..

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,794
Forum Member
✭✭✭
than the idol and x-factor.

i know he is rude to the very bad, but even to the mediocre ones he uses a lot of "sweethearts" and he does not seem so mean in this show.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he looks as though, mentally, he is not there a lot of the time.

i wonder if the show means that much to him. The X-factor does, this is different. I think he is bored with it.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awww I like Simon, he is my favourite :o
  • Options
    sunnymegsunnymeg Posts: 1,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He gives me the impression of being very tired - do we know if he was commuting back and forth to the US whilst these auditions were filmed? Also am I right in thinking that he sees a higher proportion of the actual acts in BGT than he does for the X Factor? Perhaps having to sit through a lot more rubbish effects how he comes across.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 405
    Forum Member
    piper333 wrote: »
    than the idol and x-factor.

i know he is rude to the very bad, but even to the mediocre ones he uses a lot of "sweethearts" and he does not seem so mean in this show.

Well a lot of the auditionees are children and, whatever his reputation for honesty, I don't think he would want to say anything to really upset them. Look at that little girl last night who played the mouth organ while hula-hooping. Let's face it - that was a bit rubbish but he let her down gently didn't he?

Remember that most of the acts they say yes to at this stage will be quietly dropped befor the next round without ever performing again so they can let some through who clearly don't have a chance.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,445
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww I like Simon, he is my favourite :o

Mine too! :)
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunnymeg wrote: »
    He gives me the impression of being very tired - do we know if he was commuting back and forth to the US whilst these auditions were filmed? Also am I right in thinking that he sees a higher proportion of the actual acts in BGT than he does for the X Factor? Perhaps having to sit through a lot more rubbish effects how he comes across.

I think he seems to enjoy BGT alot more than X Factor. The actual Got Talent franchise is now far bigger to him (financially) than X Factor and on the final last year he said that it was the best show he had ever worked on.

Although I think he likes Ryan, Randy and Paula on Idol more than any of the panels on his own shows.
  • Options
    zx50zx50 Posts: 91,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Simon is starting to become more easier on the acts that appear before him. I've seen acts that I've thought, what, no way, but, he's put them through anyway. Half the time, I think he's just putting them through because he feels sorry for them, or, because he doesn't want the crowd to go against him. For instance, there was a fella playing a Banjo and singing. Through the song, you could tell that he was out of tune in parts, but, Simon just put him through. I just think they are getting a bit sloppy with who they are putting through. I just hope that the people who are getting through that weren't that good, in my opinion, aren't spoiling the chances of the people who were actually good. I think the way they judged on the X-factor was good, but they seem to be slacking off a bit now in terms of being strict.