Options

The comedian kid

13»

Comments

• Options
    trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That "kids" song, Robbie and Kylie did.....for the life of me I can't remember the proper title of it:o But hopefully you know the one I mean!
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    mooncatt wrote: »
    Was it just me or did anyone else find his `camp`act slightly disturbing?

I must admit, I've got an 8 year old nephew who, when hyped up on E numbers and generally attempting to be the centre of attention, will act like that. And yes, he can be a completely obnoxious brat as well, I think I'm the only person who ever tells him no, and follows through on threats (strangely he adores me - weird child)
  • Options
    grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,695
    Forum Member
    trec123 wrote: »
    That "kids" song, Robbie and Kylie did.....for the life of me I can't remember the proper title of it:o But hopefully you know the one I mean!

Yeah I know what you mean, you mean "Kids" :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ghastly little pipsqueak.:yawn:

Sadly, obligatory precocious kids are an essential part of the formula, along with the now tedious tear-jerk stories, most of which are a sham anyway!:mad:
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    annoying kid, made me cringe whole way through. was just as annoying today on this morning with Fern!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Glad I missed that! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i can see it now, his little tear stained face on the front page of the sun..."how simon broke my heart" :p
  • Options
    Dolphin DriverDolphin Driver Posts: 659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh I hated that kid - too over- confident.
    My mum said he was on This Morning this morning (:)) Glad I didn't see it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    I found him quite obnoxious, however, it isn't his fault but the way he has been brought up and he seems to be a nice person. It is a pity his mother has encouraged him to act like that.
    I found this video on youtube, I presume he is singing at home - anyway, in my opinion, he sounds much better here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSiQ1wSaIU
  • Options
    GillypootsGillypoots Posts: 6,812
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    I found him quite obnoxious, however, it isn't his fault but the way he has been brought up and he seems to be a nice person. It is a pity his mother has encouraged him to act like that.
    I found this video on youtube, I presume he is singing at home - anyway, in my opinion, he sounds much better here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjSiQ1wSaIU

Vocals aside, his whole presentation is far too studied. He's not a natural performer, he's just apeing artists he's watched on TV.

That's one reason why I liked Charlie Green, he's a natural performer who is himself, not a copy of others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,933
    Forum Member
    At the time, I thought Charlie Green seemed a bit stage school but that is probably because his father is a singer of that style of music and Charlie is copying him. But he certainly has a lot of talent. And, although mature and self confident, he was very polite and had perfect manners - something that Alex could learn from.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I lasted 3 seconds of his YT clip (Alex's) :)
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    trec123 wrote: »

Erm... It was called Kids :D:p
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    Liz G-S wrote: »
    At the time, I thought Charlie Green seemed a bit stage school but that is probably because his father is a singer of that style of music and Charlie is copying him. But he certainly has a lot of talent. And, although mature and self confident, he was very polite and had perfect manners - something that Alex could learn from.

Charlie is as good as the choirboy. He has a natural stage presence, but it's probably been coached into him by his father.

Also, the song he sung wasn't especially high or difficult.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    I thought he was a horrible child, I don't think anyone had ever said no to him. He was so rude to Simon when he was told he couldn't sing, at that age I would never of dreamed of speaking to adults like that.

I'm hoping he doesn't make it any further.
  • Options
    ForestChavForestChav Posts: 35,127
    Forum Member
    oreo75 wrote: »
    I thought he was a horrible child, I don't think anyone had ever said no to him. He was so rude to Simon when he was told he couldn't sing, at that age I would never of dreamed of speaking to adults like that.

I'm hoping he doesn't make it any further.

Yeah but as i said, simon probably said that he couldn't sing and no-one else had, maybe his parents had thought that he can, and had convinced the kid he was wonderful or something.

The shock of thinking you're Pavarotti one minute then being told you suck totally in front of a massive arena and probably also on tv, might change your reaction especially if you're 8.

Not that I don't think he was brattish but you don't know why.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    lea27 wrote: »
    annoying kid, made me cringe whole way through. was just as annoying today on this morning with Fern!

I agree! I would never have put him through to the next round.:yawn:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That child is a good argument in favour of contraception.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    My mum said he was on This Morning this morning (:)) Glad I didn't see it.

I DID see it and wished I hadn't. The joke he told was shocking from an 8 year old :eek: