Doc Martin (Part 10 — Spoilers)

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    Combined with the way she was speaking, that scene was actually quite sinister!

I felt the same Send. I hope that the writers don't push the antipathy between Louisa and Mrs T too far:eek:
  • Mutley8Mutley8 Posts: 326
    Forum Member
    simplyred wrote: »
    Don't worry Mutley, I suppose that his mother and his wife have to think that he's handsome - the rest of us can have our own opinions;):D:D:D

Hey....That's why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder;)

......or was that beer goggles:p:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutley8 wrote: »
    Hey....That's why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder;)......or was that beer goggles:p:rolleyes:
    LOL:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ReneeBird wrote: »
    I know! :eek: I was mad about how Mary was treating William towards the end, when all he was trying to do was help her!
    And he loved her so much....oh, to be loved like that! :p:p

I didn't like the way Mary treated William right from the very beginning and could never like the show because of it.
    Forum Member
    I felt the same Send. I hope that the writers don't push the antipathy between Louisa and Mrs T too far:eek:

Actually, for what it's worth, LG's character since the start of series 4 has became nastier towards other characters……..Okay Mrs T in particular
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone else think IMcN is chubbier this season? Poor guy.
    Forum Member

Actually, for what it's worth, LG's character since the start of series 4 has became nastier towards others……..Okay Mrs T in particular
    Forum Member
    cc.cookie wrote: »
    Does anyone else think IMcN is chubbier this season? Poor guy.

Yep. And Al has got thinner. (In the face at least)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJwhy wrote: »
    I think what I may do from now on is watch the episode Monday evening
    then rewatch it in small bursts to really catch all the little scenes that are so good but so compact
    then watch it again with subtitles to catch the wording
    and then watch it again after reading the forum
    Aunt Ruth I think is going to turn out to be a real gem
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    Isn't that how everyone watches it??:confused:

Of course it is!! :D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't like the way Mary treated William right from the very beginning and could never like the show because of it.

I completely agree with you cc.c, I found the Mary character so annoying and horrid towards William that I have never bothered to re watch the series. I hope that Julie Graham's character in this series of DM is not so irritating, but at least she's Penhale's wife rather than anything to do with DM. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Han96 wrote: »
    Anyone see KP, on would i lie to you - she was great :)
    Yep. She's quite quirky in real life as well:D Anybody know why she didn't do S5? She wasn't axed, was she?:(
    sendibo wrote: »
    Combined with the way she was speaking, that scene was actually quite sinister!

I like the chemist scene but I hate it at the same time. Like I said a couple of days ago, they got LG's characteristics all wrong in ep2 IMO:( Maybe that's how they're trying to portray her as being tired etc. though. Hope we get the ep1 Louisa back on Monday! :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I found the whole thing way too sickly sweet for me and gave up on it pretty soon. The characters irritated me for some reason and I just couldn't relate to them at all:confused::confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BlooSky wrote: »
    Yep. She's quite quirky in real life as well:D Anybody know why she didn't do S5? She wasn't axed, was she?:(:
    No, it was her choice not to do another series.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    **Greta** wrote: »
    For those on here having the discussion about who could play DM in a USA version...Why??? Why do we feel the need to re-invent the wheel?

I would prefer BP to come up with a completely new show and go from there.

DM is a british TV show & should remain this way.

Look what happened to The Office when someone obviously got greedy & thought they could turn it into something American...the British version sh!ts all over the American version. I tried to watch it but turned it off within 2 min. Terrible!

Let's get creative and think of a completely new TV show BP could do in the USA .

No offence to our American friends on here...just my opinion. ;) There has been some great TV shows come out of America which I have loved. But I can't go passed British TV...they are the king of TV shows IMO...Love them.

I agree, but like Copperhill said, it was just a way to pass the time. I can't imagine any Doc Martin fan wanting an American version.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like the chemist scene but I hate it at the same time. Like I said a couple of days ago, they got LG's characteristics all wrong in ep2 IMO:( Maybe that's how they're trying to portray her as being tired etc. though. Hope we get the ep1 Louisa back on Monday! :rolleyes:

I guess that Louisa is facing a new reality now that the baby is here - and her plans have been turned upside down as well now that the Doc is still around and not out of the picture as she thought he was going to be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep. She's quite quirky in real life as well:D Anybody know why she didn't do S5? She wasn't axed, was she?:(

No KP wasn't axed. I don't think many actors can afford to pass up a regular acting job while DM is only on every 2 years.

I don't mind LG being tired but I don't understand/like her being mean to MrsT. She should feel sorry for her instead. She can hardly feel threatened by her.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mutley8 wrote: »
    Hey....That's why they say beauty is in the eye of the beholder;)

......or was that beer goggles:p:rolleyes:

Or DocMartini goggles? :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found the whole thing way too sickly sweet for me and gave up on it pretty soon. The characters irritated me for some reason and I just couldn't relate to them at all:confused::confused:

Yes, simply red. William was a bit sickly sweet in it. He fell too heavily too quickly for Mary who just didn't have the substance in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »

Do they sell those on the online shop? I need a pair for my darling husband who just doesn't get DM.

I am reading/typing this on the laptop and keeping him company while he watches Jurassic Park. How anyone could like such gratuitous violence and not like DM is totally beyond my comprehension.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »

:D:D:D
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Me too SR -- watched about half of Ep 1 of
    Season 3 and never bothered with the rest. Too saccharine. Still, wonder about the parallels.
  • NewParkNewPark Posts: 3,537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess that Louisa is facing a new reality now that the baby is here - and her plans have been turned upside down as well now that the Doc is still around and not out of the picture as she thought he was going to be.

I've only watched once (so far) but I thought LG seemed a bit distressed when she found out that DM was going to stick around for two months. So that seems to fit with your observation. But why would it upset her? Wouldn't the change of plans be welcome? Don't understand that, as yet.

As far as LG's antagonism to Mrs. T goes -- Mrs. T. has been downright nasty to her. I don't see why she should be on any kind of terms with her beyond bare requirements of civility.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NewPark wrote: »
    I've only watched once (so far) but I thought LG seemed a bit distressed when she found out that DM was going to stick around for two months. So that seems to fit with your observation. But why would it upset her? Wouldn't the change of plans be welcome? Don't understand that, as yet. As far as LG's antagonism to Mrs. T goes -- Mrs. T. has been downright nasty to her. I don't see why she should be on any kind of terms with her beyond bare requirements of civility.

I think that she was upset because he hadn't told her or even discussed it with her - which, from what we have heard, is going to be a running theme.:D:D:D
  • marchrandmarchrand Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    As to William and Mary, I remember seeing an interview online with Julia Graham and she stated that she had, in fact, become pregnant in real life and they worked that into the story line. Also, I felt as the series went on, too many subplots entered, getting in the way of the love story, and it kind of irritated me.

I have been thinking lately that an idea for MC for a future one-time story on tv would be for a spoof on the American cowboy westerns with him playing a sheriff and having him ride around with a large brown horse, similar to his beloved Chester.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I don't mind LG being tired but I don't understand/like her being mean to MrsT. She should feel sorry for her instead. She can hardly feel threatened by her.

It is hard to imagine LG being mean to anyone, however, most people can only be pushed so far. And, Mrs. Tishell has been mean to LG since she came back to the village six months pregnant!
This discussion has been closed.