✭✭
    Kanzi wrote: »
    Can't I'm busy doing my hair.

:oI did actually laugh out loud :D
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NedTV wrote: »
    Shut Up, that Flo-Rida's whistle is one of the worst songs of the year. Hasn't even been officially released yet in the UK with a cover nearing the Itunes Top 10. Yes, a cover- that is how good the song is "Whistle" IMO. Gosh.

Shut up.
  • kezokezo Posts: 11,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nyota wrote: »
    Most music I listen to is older, or indie, or just artists who don't tend to chart or care about charting. I haven't taken chart positions seriously since my teens and I've discovered such a better, wider, quality of music for it.

I am more the same when I was a teen liked listening to the charts but now barely bother ... I am more of dance/rnb person but god when you have them put together you get confused by the standpoint of the "artist" and even "genre" nowadays ... just look at MTV Dance! LOL

I have noticed I listen to some songs from 70's/80's but god its better than listening to some drivel of chris brown....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NedTV wrote: »
    Shut Up, that Flo-Rida's whistle is one of the worst songs of the year. Hasn't even been officially released yet in the UK with a cover nearing the Itunes Top 10. Yes, a cover- that is how good the song is "Whistle" IMO. Gosh.

Can we get a mod with a dustpan and brush - and a decent work ethic - a sweep out the forum trash?

Ta.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie J - Laser Light
    Jessie J - Dominio
    Carly Rae Jepsen - Call Me Maybe
    The Wanted - Chasing The Sun
    JLS - Proud
    Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe
    Tulisa - Young
    Everything by LMFAO
  • jsam93jsam93 Posts: 808
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't believe all the people that have said "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye. Heaven forbid that a proper song with lyrics that are actually heartfelt and meaningful should get in the charts! Rather that than some pop/rap/electro trash about drinking and clubbing. Have these people got no taste?
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Conor Maynard's "Can't Say No". I find it hard to believe that some record executive thought that his singing was worthy of financial investment or even that he could be sold to the teen market on his looks. He's just crap.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jsam93 wrote: »
    I can't believe all the people that have said "Somebody That I Used to Know" by Gotye. Heaven forbid that a proper song with lyrics that are actually heartfelt and meaningful should get in the charts! Rather that than some pop/rap/electro trash about drinking and clubbing. Have these people got no taste?

I realise I didn't put it on my list, but I think one member in particular hit the nail on the head with regard to why this song has split opinions. It's the twee little dinkiness of the melody and the fact that maybe it's just a little immature for a 30 year-old man to rummage around in the Teenager's Book of Insults for Exes and come out with "Now you're just somebody that I used to know" on top of such a dweebish production.

I feel Gotye is incorrectly represented with 'Somebody That I Used To Know' - his new single 'Eyes Wide Open' is far superior and actually has a pulse.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    How can you say the production of Somebody That I Used to now is dinky and dweebish, when there's songs like Starships, Dance Again and Live My Life in the charts?

Somebody That I Used to Know may not be the best song every made, but in terms of hits of this year, the production is leagues ahead of most other songs (which is more a testement to how bad everything else is, but still).

This instrumental is probably the worst of the year. It's like a 3 year-old's attempt at copying Tik Tok and Only Girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1hYEQCXV10
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eric_Blob wrote: »
    How can you say the production of Somebody That I Used to now is dinky and dweebish, when there's songs like Starships, Dance Again and Live My Life in the charts?

Somebody That I Used to Know may not be the best song every made, but in terms of hits of this year, the production is leagues ahead of most other songs (which is more a testement to how bad everything else is, but still).

This instrumental is probably the worst of the year. It's like a 3 year-old's attempt at copying Tik Tok and Only Girl. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1hYEQCXV10

I fail to see the validity of your comparison. Neither 'Starships', 'Dance Again' or 'Live My Life' sound dinky and dweebish in the slightest. They're typically generic club-stompers with huge beats (and by default are absolute shite). 'Somebody That I Used To Know' sounds like a toy-box melody with 80's Yamaha keyboards flitting in and out at random; thus it is dinky and dweebish.

You're misconstruing me with someone who dislikes the song. Read my posts properly.
  • Eric_BlobEric_Blob Posts: 7,756
    Forum Member
    Kanzi wrote: »
    I fail to see the validity of your comparison. Neither 'Starships', 'Dance Again' or 'Live My Life' sound dinky and dweebish in the slightest. They're typically generic club-stompers with huge beats (and by default are absolute shite). 'Somebody That I Used To Know' sounds like a toy-box melody with 80's Yamaha keyboards flitting in and out at random; thus it is dinky and dweebish.

You're misconstruing me with someone who dislikes the song. Read my posts properly.

One of the melodies in the beat sounds like Baa Baa Black Sheep, I guess lol. But other than that I think it has very fresh production (by the standards of chart music).

I think how "tinkery" Somebody That I Used to Know is, is one of the reasons I love the song so much.
  • Zack06Zack06 Posts: 28,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Expected better from Tulisa TBH for her debut, but Young is a lazy, average dance song in my opinion.

Hence why it has been mentioned in almost every post in this thread....
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 83,221
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nicky Minaj with Starship probably features the worst vocals of 2012 so far.
  • scratchy23scratchy23 Posts: 3,675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    will.i.am - T.H.E. (The Hardest Ever)
    Tulisa - Young
    Gary Barlow - Sing (can't stand this song at all, such an annoying mesh of annoying voices)
    Cheryl - Call My Name

Why have so many people listed One Thing by 1D? It's not great but it's not that bad at all...
  • MadameGuvnorMadameGuvnor Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    I like 'Someone That I Used To Know' and 'Call Me Maybe' because they actually have proper lyrics and melodies.

You can keep the rest of this year's music though. And the purveyors of same. They are all on one hell of an ego trip and are so far up themselves I'm surprised people can actually see what they look like!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,391
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will.I.Am's 'The Hardest Ever' is the WORST, WORST song of this year; it could easily contend for the title of worst song ever to be honest.

I can't fathom why Gotye's song is being widely derided on here, a fresh song with a nice melody and production.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,179
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will.I.Am's 'The Hardest Ever' is the WORST, WORST song of this year; it could easily contend for the title of worst song ever to be honest.

I can't fathom why Gotye's song is being widely derided on here, a fresh song with a nice melody and production.

Dittto:cool: - And I don't buy either the argument as a 30yo he shouldn't come with such immature lyrics or something like that. There's something quirky and quite honest about the song. And I like the fact it goes against the stereotypes of your typical heartbroken male...
  • Tfan26Tfan26 Posts: 6,829
    Forum Member
    jsam93 wrote: »

The song is honestly just weird.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16
    Forum Member
    I don't understand the hate for Flo Rida here, Wild ones (which I think someone mentioned) and whistle, especially whistle, are quality songs IMO :D I also love Somebody that I used to know and I don't understand why almost everyone has mentioned it :confused:

the worst of the year for me has to be:
    anything by Ed Sheeran
    anything by Rihanna
    Chasing the sun by the wanted
    Anything by one dimensional
  • BikoBiko Posts: 2,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pretty much most of the stuff thats been in the top 10, the list is too long
  • mushymanrobmushymanrob Posts: 17,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that horrible racket produced by scrillex... whats with all those tuneless random noises? who tf calls THAT music?
  • MasterjonboiMasterjonboi Posts: 1,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP - Rita Ora (Personal Opinion)
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP - Rita Ora (Personal Opinion)

I'm with you there!
  • ThePerfectOneThePerfectOne Posts: 20,466
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All of them :o
  • RodRuby93RodRuby93 Posts: 1,521
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perseveringly music is plunging downhill every year which sickens me as I was conspicuously born in the wrong era. Normally I'm too hesitant to admit them but I've overcome this for now.

Cher Lloyd - Swagger Jagger :mad:
    One Direction - What Makes You Beautiful
    Rebecca Black - Friday

Tulisa Contostavlos - Young (Her abhorrent performance on BGT proves how awful it really is)
    Nicki Minaj - Stupid Hoe
    Cher Lloyd - Want U Back ft. Astro (He exemplifies perfectly as Cher's collaboration as neither of them can sing a note to maintain any form of assertive reputation)
    Marcus Collins - Seven Nation Army
    One Direction - One Thing

Absolutely anything by Katy Perry, Cheryl Cole, Jessie J, The Wanted, Matt Cardle, Professor Green, Alexandra Burke, JLS, Rhianna and not forgetting Justin Bieber.