Options

Wow £549 for 16GB Iphone 5S bugget Iphone 5C £469

Comments

• Options
    NewcastleNewcastle Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wow £499 only a few years ago then £529 how can they justify £549 for a phone similar to Iphone 5?:
    Looks like Apple haven't increased the price of the 5S in the USA. Looks like the price rise is just for treasure island - why do Apple like to rip off the British?
  • Options
    calico_piecalico_pie Posts: 10,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swordman wrote: »
    How can they justify such little innovation full stop - people will buy it though... just not many i suspect
    Shows what they actually thought of the 5 in reality doesn't it, looks like even apple concede it was a pile of shite

Usual constructive comments then.

Mobile tech generally has plateaued. All this nonsense about Apple not being innovative whilst everyone else apparently is, is nonsense.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle wrote: »
    Looks like Apple haven't increased the price of the 5S in the USA. Looks like the price rise is just for treasure island - why do Apple like to rip off the British?

I remember last time they reduced it due to the VAT and increased it again?

Maybe Carphone warehouse will sell it for £529 as they usually tend to be cheaper? All be it they lock the phones.
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member
    calico_pie wrote: »

You obviously haven't seen my comments yet :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 185
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    Not 64bit. your opinion is void.

don t care of the bits. just care of how good it is and the price. at the moment ios is so primitive , i would not touch it even if it was 128 bit.

ios is void!
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember last time they reduced it due to the VAT and increased it again?

Maybe Carphone warehouse will sell it for £429 as they usually tend to be cheaper? All be it they lock the phones.

There is no point in buying a sim free iPhone from car phone warehouse as it is basically pay as you go with apple.
  • Options
    swordmanswordman Posts: 6,679
    Forum Member
    sethpet wrote: »
    Wow thats amazing, cant believe no one has talked about this in the 10 page thread

:yawn: best get back there quick then
  • Options
    Forum Member
    adi_carnat wrote: »
    don t care of the bits. just care of how good it is and the price. at the moment ios is so primitive , i would not touch it even if it was 128 bit.

ios is void!

Yeh but the iPhone 5s comes in gold and has facetime.

Conversation over!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Mobile tech generally has plateaued. All this nonsense about Apple not being innovative whilst everyone else apparently is, is nonsense.

You mean the usual truth that you find hard to swallow :D

Even you must be trawling the apple propaganda websites for something positive to say.

By the way I haven't checked have they invented the HD screen this time round
  • Options
    wavejockglwwavejockglw Posts: 10,596
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A pretty underwhelming launch of new iPhones today.

The 5C at £469 is a joke if it supposed to be a budget phone. At that kind of price point it is firmly in Galaxy S4 territory and that makes it look pretty poor value. It is in no way a device that will fuel demand for cost conscious customers to consider adopting an Apple product over a Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini or HTC 1 Mini.

The 5S has a quality look to it and will no doubt appeal to Apple customers looking to upgrade from 4S's. The branding will attract some but the spec is a let down and innovation seems to be in short supply. Apple appear to being doing little more than playing to their own fan base and offering features that play catch up with recent Android devices.

I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be a phablet but it'll have to go some to beat the features that are now being offered on the Note 3 with it's Gear watch accessory.

I can see Apple losing market share in developed nations with their current strategy, maybe they will gain some in developing nations with a suitably priced 5C?

It looks like Apple will become a niche brand for smartphones just as they are for personal computers. High margin, low volume with just enough innovation and spec to keep them in the frame for those with a lot of disposable income who don't look too closely at the specs and put a lot of value in the brand.

All things considered I think we have seen the best of Apple now in terms of mobiles, their product innovation looks tired and will shortly look dated as mobile use continues to grow with a demand for ever more powerful devices that can be used as mobile Internet terminals.
  • Options
    OrbitalzoneOrbitalzone Posts: 12,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    On Radio 4 tonight they mentioned this new Iphone quoting a $99 price tag - I thought that impossible when I heard it and assume it's the charge US carriers will charge for the phone when on contract (it seems the norm for US carriers to charge something like $100 for a contract phone)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^^ wave

Have to say I largely agree in some ways a real shame to see apple go this way, bit like a mad relative that you feel too guilty to put in a home even though you know its for their own good.

Looks like it's all down to the android sector to drive forward innovation in the future.
  • Options
    Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Newcastle wrote: »

Because they can I assume and people will still pay.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    On Radio 4 tonight they mentioned this new Iphone quoting a $99 price tag - I thought that impossible when I heard it and assume it's the charge US carriers will charge for the phone when on contract (it seems the norm for US carriers to charge something like $100 for a contract phone)

It is
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Have to say I largely agree in some ways a real shame to see apple go this way, bit like a mad relative that you feel too guilty to put in a home even though you know its for their own good.

Looks like it's all down to the android sector to drive forward innovation in the future.

#WindowsPhone8
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    #WindowsPhone8

Bless not now MS have bulldozed their way in to Nokia
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean the usual truth that you find hard to swallow :D

Even you must be trawling the apple propaganda websites for something positive to say.

By the way I haven't checked have they invented the HD screen this time round

So there was me thinking the iPhone 5 was a pretty good phone. But the truth turns out to be "its a pile of shit".

You're doing a pretty good impression of a six year old.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well even you are wrong sometimes :D

Yeah so good apple for the first time in history have scrapped an iPhone after a year for the tacky delight 5c, even apple realised what crap it was obviously.

Hope you didn't buy this defunct crap
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well even you are wrong sometimes :D

Yeah so good apple for the first time in history have scrapped an iPhone after a year for the tacky delight 5c, even apple realised what crap it was obviously.

Hope you didn't buy this defunct crap

So when they don't change the design, it's boring.

And when they do, it's because they think the previous model was a pile of shit.

Got it. :rolleyes:

Three options here - you actually are six years old, you're drunk, or you're trolling.
  • Options
    Forum Member

And when they do, it's because they think the previous model was a pile of shit.

Three options here - you actually are six years old, you're drunk, or you're trolling.

Well i'm doing the last one so he's either six years old or drunk.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Change the design ... Some gaudy colours is a design change :D

Just two options you are deluded ... Or very upset you bought a binned iPhone
  • Options
    konebyvaxkonebyvax Posts: 9,120
    Forum Member
    Don't Nokia hold the patent for gaudy phone colours? ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Did you consider that it is possible for both of those statements to be true?

It is possible for someone to believe that Apple are being boring by not changing up the design much whilst also being true that if they then do change up the design that the new design is in the opinion of that person, rubbish.

A new design has no guarantee of looking amazing to everybody.
  • Options
    linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure the iPhone 6 will be a phablet but it'll have to go some to beat the features that are now being offered on the Note 3 with it's Gear watch accessory.

I don't think Apple will do this.

If they do go for a 6" and 12" Ipad as rumoured I think it would be called Ipad maxi and Iphone Maxi.

The Maxi would have the same features as the 4" model making it like a Galaxy mini.

Also I don't think the phablet market is for everybody.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    chopoff wrote: »
    Did you consider that it is possible for both of those statements to be true?

It is possible for someone to believe that Apple are being boring by not changing up the design much whilst also being true that if they then do change up the design that the new design is in the opinion of that person, rubbish.

A new design has no guarantee of looking amazing to everybody.

Well, in this case the person was "Apple".

I'd be pretty sure Apple didn't actually think the iPhone 5 was a piece of shit.