Options

silver samsung box - light flashing on and off?

jmezjmez Posts: 52
Forum Member
Hey all

quick question, someone here may be able to tell me whats happening..

This maybe a conididence, but we got on demand here in stafford/Lichfield the other day and the green light (above the channel no.) on my silver samsung box is flashing on and off, then it stays on for a while then vanishes andthe cycle starts again.. whats the deal? is my box faulty? im confused, ive never noticed it before.

on another side note, on demand wont work either, just get error messages so im yet to see the bloody thing work!

oh dear.. with this and my internet going at snail pace since the other day.. surely its not all connected? i have a seperate cable moden and set top box in the same room.

Comments

• Options
    thelemthelem Posts: 1,478
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like its all connected to me. The light flashing on/off means that your STB is having trouble communicating with the servers, when it is on solid that means that it has a good connection to the servers. It needs to be solid for VOD and interactive to work properly.

The internet connection uses the same technology on the same wires, so if the problem is with something other than your STB then it will affect your internet connection in the same way.

Time to call ntl to get it sorted out I think.
  • Options
    jmezjmez Posts: 52
    Forum Member
    seems like ntl cleared up these probs.. my light is stable 'on' now and ive tested ondemand out this evening.. works a charm.. oh and my connection is back to full speed..

just a temp glitch then i hope!