Options

Walford East Terrorist Bomb Storyline!

Comments

• Options
    David WrightDavid Wright Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    Right so a baby being swapped is the ultimate offence but multiple deaths and injuries is fine!!

No - A dead baby being picked up by its mother and taken to a neighbours house where its swapped with a live baby and then the nonsense is strung out over weeks and months including someone burying a baby that isn't theirs and the mother whose baby actually died gets turned into a hate figure - Is worse.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    well it would make a change from blackmail bullying affairs babies and death by butcher car.

Only Frank, Janine and Pat have killed someone by running them over. Ricky hasn't yet, so we have that to look forward to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    ignore me then! :mad:
  • Options
    ahrimaniacahrimaniac Posts: 981
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jeez, you need to learn how to Photoshop properly. They're getting worse, not better.
  • Options
    CJWALKERCJWALKER Posts: 545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »
    Jeez, you need to learn how to Photoshop properly. They're getting worse, not better.

you DO it then! Your so rude
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    out of curiousity AND VERY OFF TOPIC, CJWAKLER, i make videos for my local community centre and their shown every month to around 100-150 people. its sort of a mock soap opera and features the same characters every month. its set in a little street, (actually a long hallway' called Murdar Street.

Anyway, do you put those explosions into videos? and if so, could you help make an explosion in one of my episodes??

Hey sorry just read this!

I unfortunaly dont know how to do moving images etc xx
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People will whige so they wont be attempting any more controversial storylines for the time being.
  • Options
    JC_GTA2010JC_GTA2010 Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    can you PM on how to edit pictures like that? You have done it several time thanks.:)
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you will find that they are not allowed to show Islam in a bad light , it will not happen as today's terrorism is synonymous with Islamic extremists
  • Options
    Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,144
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EE did plan an IRA bomb blast during the '80s, but BBC bosses knocked the plot on the head...
  • Options
    Uncle FesterUncle Fester Posts: 15,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fizix wrote: »
    Whats the difference between a bomb in EE and say, the plane crashing on Emmerdale?

Saying you can't have a bomb on EE due to London being bombed a few years ago is the same as saying Emmerdale should not have had a plane crash because planes have crashed, or Corrie cannot have a tram crash as trains crash.

If a show does a storyline very close (say months) to a real event then fair enough, but years?

I don't think its that controversial and isn't in itself a bad idea if executed properly (and not on the Square itself as it would not be a target) but London itself, it is a target and ergo could and as history shows, does happen.

Doesn't have to be Islamic terrorists either, could be an IRA offshoot or just some random nut job.

It would be different, how many pub fires/exposions have there been in Soap land? How many affairs or other similar cookie cutter "controversial" storylines?

The plane crash was due to engine failure not a terrorist act
  • Options
    teenagemartyrteenagemartyr Posts: 6,782
    Forum Member
    This is the most ill-judged thread that I've ever read on DS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the most ill-judged thread that I've ever read on DS.

What do you mean?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,493
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think there should be a plane crash instead.

Actually this is even better.

A couple of miles away a bank is robbed, and the robbers arrive in the square looking for a place to hide. They hold the vic hostage, and kill several people. THen there's a huge stand off between the police and the bank robbers. Alfie and the Branning Brothers save the day instead of the police.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ahrimaniac wrote: »

Well I think these photo shops are very good!! Why don't you try? Photoshopping isn't that easy. Carry on with your amazing work CJWALKER :D

And I also think it would be a very good storyline a bomb hitting Walford, HOWEVER I do feel that if it happened at the tube station people would start complaining to Ofcom because of what happened during the 7/7 attacks which I would completely understand personally. Maybe if it was at a different location it might make the topic a little less sensitive?? :confused: I'm not sure though :D
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    EastEnders wouldn't have the guts to kill anyone off, à la Queen Vic fire :yawn:
  • Options
    agatha_crispiesagatha_crispies Posts: 31,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whats the difference between a bomb in EE and say, the plane crashing on Emmerdale?

Saying you can't have a bomb on EE due to London being bombed a few years ago is the same as saying Emmerdale should not have had a plane crash because planes have crashed, or Corrie cannot have a tram crash as trains crash.

Exactly. And the plane crash in Emmerdale was only a few years after Lockerbie.
  • Options
    AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you just sit at home all day dreaming up fantasy soap storylines...?
  • Options
    blue_cobaltblue_cobalt Posts: 6,602
    Forum Member
    It should kill Heather, Darren, Fatboy, Mercy and Ben :D
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lily.xo wrote: »
    Because the London bombings happened on the underground...

And planes have never crashed over or in villages?

Edit: beaten too it already should read furher before replying.

My point was that these things happen in real life and provided you don't cover a story right on top of a real event then it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    PyramidbreadPyramidbread Posts: 10,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    And planes have never crashed over or in villages?

Edit: beaten too it already should read furher before replying.

My point was that these things happen in real life and provided you don't cover a story right on top of a real event then it shouldn't be a problem.

Yeah, and that was a badly misjudged storyline by Emmerdale, BUT it had nothing to do with terrorism, blowing up a London Underground building is nearly reenacting 7/7
  • Options
    FizixFizix Posts: 16,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah, and that was a badly misjudged storyline by Emmerdale, BUT it had nothing to do with terrorism, blowing up a London Underground building is nearly reenacting 7/7

I don't think it was badly judged by Emmerdale. Its just a storyline provided it's not on top of a real disaster it really shouldn't matter.

Those affected afterall will be sensitive to it forever and will from time to time see reminders. That fact should not prevent TV or film drama years after the event.

Also as an aside; I don't think dramatic renactments are offensive either. Would a drama that reconstructed say the Chynoble (sp?) incident be offensive or would it serve as a stark reminder of the terrible things that can happen in the real world?
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJWALKER wrote: »
    Just an idea ive had for maybe one of the landmark Eastenders episodes of the future

WALFORD EAST TERRORIST BOMB
    http://i54.tinypic.com/k9xlki.jpg

A Bomb explodes at the Tube Station killing Mercy, Jane and injuring Christian, Fatboy and Ronnie!

It could be the 'tram crash' style stunt and give Eastenders a proper disaster on an epic scale!

Ive said over and over a terrorist bomb plot could NEVER be done on EE.

Heres the reason: Say a story was filmed and a few days before or after the due transmission date a REAL terrorism attack were to take place in the UK. The programme would have to be pulled for several episodes out of respect and sensitivity to the real life victims. when the programme resumed all scenes relating to the attack would need to be removed as the public outcry re: EE "exploiting" real life tragedy would be phenominal! (make the whole Baby Swap furore seem like a storm in a teacup!)

People often suggest a terrorism plot- god knows why IMO- totally unworkable
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A terrorist doesnt automatically mean that theyre Muslim or middle eastern!

It could a british Eco terrorist!
  • Options
    boddismboddism Posts: 16,436
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An accidental police shooting would be better!

It happens but is rare and would be less controversial than a terrorism plot.

what I also havent seen in EE is one of those familys where the father (or mother) kills the entire family due to financial ruin. Its grim and yes, a little "exploitative" but these terrible events are becoming more frequent and it would be interesting to see a drama exploring this!