Dermot O'Leary joins Strictly....

jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
Forum Member
✭✭
...for one night only!!!:D:D:D

He will be dancing a quickstep with judge Darcey Bussell at the top of the National Television Awards in two weeks time!

Can't wait to see Simon's face!!!:D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4733757/Dermot-OLeary-takes-Strict-steps-with-Darcey-Bussell.html

Comments

• dancing-girldancing-girl Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Perhaps he is a contender for Brucie's crown!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope not X Factor is one thing but please no not Strictly
  • Dilly 1Dilly 1 Posts: 39,906
    Forum Member
    I'm quite looking forward to this if it does happen... I like Dermot :D
  • Jan2555*GG*Jan2555*GG* Posts: 11,064
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps he is a contender for Brucie's crown!

I really hope not his voice is so monotone & he doesn't have the charm or light & shade that strictly needs. I would rather have Vernon than him & that's saying something as he is about 100 on my list of possibles
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    I really hope not his voice is so monotone & he doesn't have the charm or light & shade that strictly needs. I would rather have Vernon than him & that's saying something as he is about 100 on my list of possibles

It`s not going to happen...but I`d have to disagree with you...I`v always thought he was an excellent live TV host...Imo he was fab on Big Brothers little brother....Big Brother spin off show for those who are`t familiar with BB..similar to it takes two.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind Dermot - I'm not really into X-factor and wasn't massively into BB, he seems quite a decent tv host on other shows I've seen him on though - I know him more for radio because I listen to him on radio 2 and always thought he's a good DJ - he has a nice, friendly personality.

If he is dancing with Darcey that should be interesting to watch :)
  • ClartemClartem Posts: 2,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Topaz* wrote: »
    I don't mind Dermot - I'm not really into X-factor and wasn't massively into BB, he seems quite a decent tv host on other shows I've seen him on though - I know him more for radio because I listen to him on radio 2 and always thought he's a good DJ - he has a nice, friendly personality.

If he is dancing with Darcey that should be interesting to watch :)

Agree with all of that, I like Dermot and he has introduced me to great bands on his sat live feature.
  • *Topaz**Topaz* Posts: 4,263
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clartem wrote: »
    Agree with all of that, I like Dermot and he has introduced me to great bands on his sat live feature.

Yeah he showcases some good bands on his radio show and he always does good interviews - he seems to put people at ease so they give revealing, interesting interviews :)
  • katmobilekatmobile Posts: 10,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It`s not going to happen...but I`d have to disagree with you...I`v always thought he was an excellent live TV host...Imo he was fab on Big Brothers little brother....Big Brother spin off show for those who are`t familiar with BB..similar to it takes two.

I thought so too - the bits I've seen of the X-Factor (my brother and his gf watch it when we're round my parents) he seems like a unobstrustive host which is actually what SCD actually needs rather than someone who thinks it's his show (I use the male genre because of Brucie and because most of his suggested replacements are male).
  • TopsyCTopsyC Posts: 228
    Forum Member
    I would be pleased if the Dermot were to take over the Strictly presenting job, as others have said he has experience of hosting live shows and has a nice personality - I also don't think he tries to make things about him and instead encourages contestants to shine
  • holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Dermot - the notion that he might take over from the increasingly incompetent Brucie had never occurred to me but now that it has, I think he could grow into the role: he's a smart cookie with a nice ass to boot!
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited about this dance that Dermot is doing tonight on the National Television Awards with Darcey - I love the fact that he is wanting to do this and he has even taken dance lessons for this dance and also a great choice of dance as well - love the quickstep.

Hope anyone who is watching the NTAs enjoys the show tonight - and Dermot's dance with Darcey.

From Hayley
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    7:30pm to 10pm on ITV. ;)
    Can anyone pinpoint the likely time for Darcey's dance?
  • westlifefan123westlifefan123 Posts: 4,899
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    soulmate61 wrote: »
    7:30pm to 10pm on ITV. ;)
    Can anyone pinpoint the likely time for Darcey's dance?

Not sure yet but we'll have to wait and see - and I hope someone puts the routine onto YouTube so I can watch it over and over again which I do with a lot of my fave Strictly/DWTS routines.

From Hayley
  • BungitinBungitin Posts: 5,356
    Forum Member
    Just a thought.

If Brucies rug was kidnapped and held to ransom say just before a show - what is the Beeb's plan B.

(Any closer and the wig gets it!!!)
  • soulmate61soulmate61 Posts: 6,176
    Forum Member
    Darcey in a carmine dress is now on and quickstepping at 40 minutes into the segment.
    In a no-nonsense pleasing voice Darcey shows another facet of her talent -- quite a presenter. ;)
  • TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jiroos wrote: »
    ...for one night only!!!:D:D:D

He will be dancing a quickstep with judge Darcey Bussell at the top of the National Television Awards in two weeks time!

Can't wait to see Simon's face!!!:D

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/tv/4733757/Dermot-OLeary-takes-Strict-steps-with-Darcey-Bussell.html

I love Darcy, but I'm not a fan of Dermot, I would much rather see her dance with another.
  • silversandysilversandy Posts: 9,113
    Forum Member
    TerryM22 wrote: »
    I love Darcy, but I'm not a fan of Dermot, I would much rather see her dance with another.

Dermot danced with Darcy fairly recently. After that performance we won't be seeing him on SCD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPqPxaySQ1g