Options

Nashville Season 2 - More4 - UK PACE [No Spoilers]

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a 'meh' episode last night, I thought. But I love how much of a fighter Juliette is - getting reality show girl to open for her singing her old songs is a stroke of genius. Got a feeling it could backfire, though ...
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bit of a 'meh' episode last night, I thought. But I love how much of a fighter Juliette is - getting reality show girl to open for her singing her old songs is a stroke of genius. Got a feeling it could backfire, though ...

At least there was some singing - but not enough for me!

I know it had been suggested before that Peggy wasn't pregnant, but I had not remembered the proof before.

What I really want is for Scarlett and Gunnar to be singing together again - just write the story so that it happens!
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one here who's not bothered about Scarlett, Gunnar and that lot? It's all about Juliette, Rayna and Deacon for me!
  • Options
    StansfieldStansfield Posts: 6,097
    Forum Member
    I like Juliette - but did she have to slam the door.
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who's not bothered about Scarlett, Gunnar and that lot? It's all about Juliette, Rayna and Deacon for me!
    I get bored with the Scarlett and Gunnar plot - with Scarlett, I'm checking if she smiles........and woman handled at the photo shoot, was funny but a bit creepy too.
  • Options
    postitpostit Posts: 23,839
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Situation normal. Deacon and Scarlett both with broken hearts, Juliette saving Rayna, but hey, Gunnar, Avery and the girl with beautiful hair are sounding very good with their new band.
  • Options
    DJW13DJW13 Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I could do without the political plot in favour of more songs!
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member
    I'm not keen on Will, can't really see why he is being pushed as the future big star when IMO Gunnar and Avery are so much better than him.
  • Options
    NihongaNihonga Posts: 10,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »
    I'm not keen on Will, can't really see why he is being pushed as the future big star when IMO Gunnar and Avery are so much better than him.

To me, Will is just a big act. There is nothing of substance about him because he is living a lie about himself. You can do that - i.e. be false - and write country music. The two don't mix. As for Gunnar, ever since Scarlett upped and left him, he's like a ship lost at sea. Which probably explains why I'm sure what to make of him this season. Maybe that is the point about Gunnar. He's still trying to figure that out himself.

Talking of which, Avery is turning out to be pretty decent character.He learnt the hard way; I'm glad to see him slowly turn the corner.

I don't mind the politics angle as long as it doesn't detract from the music, the music industry, its machinations, the artists and their stories. Lamar and Rayna will shocked once they know the truth; Teddy will be caught up in the mess and Maddie might see it as yet another betrayal by the only man she knows as her father.

Last week saw her slowly accept Deacon as someone who is part of her family and life. And the more Teddy gets swamped by the Lamar problems and his fake unpregnant lying wife-to-be, the more (probably) Maddie will see Deacon as a more authentic person (especially when Deacon is trying very hard to clean up his act, even to the point of nearly giving up music all together). I wonder if we'll see a father/daughter duet at some point. I hope so. I think I shall die when I see that:)
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    this season seems to have started very slowly for me......... lots of little story lines just winding along......

Im not liking Will and really dont see the point of him

Liking Gunnar and Avery friendship but I do think they might come to blows over Scarlett as they are both clearly not over her - also like the adding of Scarletts best friend (sorry cant remember her name!) in to the plot

Really hoping the Rayna and Deacon do get back together but I feel it might be a really rocky road before they do

Love Juliette
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made the mistake of going on to the show's Wikipedia page last night, forgetting that these episodes were broadcast in the US ages ago. Ack, major spoilers!
  • Options
    CottontailCottontail Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Am I the only one who thinks Deacon is too good for Rayna? She is such a hypocrite, whatever she says is right, even if she disagrees with herself the next episode, the writing for her is poor. Loving Gunnar and Juliette, liking Avery, still wish the writing was tighter as this is one of my favourite shows, with loads of potential!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LazySusan wrote: »

Nope, me either ~ his music seems very dated, kind of 'cartoon Country'. And don't even get me started on that hat ...
    I made the mistake of going on to the show's Wikipedia page last night, forgetting that these episodes were broadcast in the US ages ago. Ack, major spoilers!

Yep, did something similar myself last week :(
    Cottontail wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks Deacon is too good for Rayna? She is such a hypocrite, whatever she says is right, even if she disagrees with herself the next episode, the writing for her is poor. Loving Gunnar and Juliette, liking Avery, still wish the writing was tighter as this is one of my favourite shows, with loads of potential!

I don't really buy Rayna as 'the Queen of Country': her voice isn't knock-out, her songs aren't amazing, and when they do onstage scenes she doesn't have jaw-dropping stage presence. I know the character is supposed to represent the more traditional side of Nashville, and that she's supposed to be on a bit of a career downturn, but it still doesn't quite work for me.

Juliette, on the other hand ~ well, hats off to Hayden P, because when I watch her I genuinely believe that Juliette Barnes is a real person. Her singing is very impressive, when she's shown on stage she blows me away, and even though I'm not her 'target market' I find most of Juliette's songs stuck in my head for weeks after the show.

I agree that the writing could be tighter ~ I love the show, but it annoys me when they do silly things like the 'oh no! Will Rayna ever sing again?' plot, and then wrap it up with 'oh yeah, she's fine' within an episode and a half. Bit like the 'oh no, she might have amnesia ... except that she hasn't' plotline that never was.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nope. As far as I know the US airing is just one day ahead of UK
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    postit wrote: »

I accidentally saw some recap summaries on TWOP which are weeks ahead of our aired shows ~ I know more than I want to about the Teddy/Peggy storyline (though to be fair I want to knwo utterly nothing about the Teddy/Peggy storyline), so they're definitely a good way ahead of us.

Edit: just checked (carefully!) ~ they're up to episode 16 of series 2 in the US
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Your half right Nashville does air a day before us in the US (Wednesdays) but as dancingbearbear has pointed out they are up to episode 16 so we are just the 11 episodes behind over here :D

I have seen up to episode 16 & the show gets better & better I'm loving it so much right now ;-))
  • Options
    Hershey2Hershey2 Posts: 514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will is just 'padding' to me, something to fill out the story line.

I do struggle with Scarlett, she is very tight lipped when she speaks and I find it difficult at times to understand what she is saying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    olivej wrote: »
    this season seems to have started very slowly for me......... lots of little story lines just winding along......

Im not liking Will and really dont see the point of him

Liking Gunnar and Avery friendship but I do think they might come to blows over Scarlett as they are both clearly not over her - also like the adding of Scarletts best friend (sorry cant remember her name!) in to the plot

Really hoping the Rayna and Deacon do get back together but I feel it might be a really rocky road before they do

Love Juliette
    I saw her first.;-)......when she was a cheerleader.:o
    DJW13 wrote: »
    It does feel like they shoehorn the political plot in, every week - for no good reason.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stansfield wrote: »

It does feel like they shoehorn the political plot in, every week - for no good reason.

It really does. I bet that the network/producers feel like they have to have it because otherwise a show about two singing women, one of whom is over 40, wouldn't get an audience. They need men doing serious mannish money and politics stuff so that people will take the show seriously (where's that 'roll eyes' smilie when you need it?)
  • Options
    passingbatpassingbat Posts: 771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DJW13 wrote: »

What they need to get rid of is the crappy soap opera relationship garbage and make it about the music industry; but it aint gonna happen, which is the reason why T Bone Burnett quit.

"Some people were making a drama about real musicians' lives, and some were making a soap opera, so there was that confusion. It was a knockdown, bloody, drag-out fight, every episode. You remember that show The Prisoner? If I were to tell you the truth, you'd think I was insane. "

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/t-bone-burnett-quitting-wife-651400
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    Really enjoying season 2. Bought the Season 2 Volume 1 album, been playing it non stop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loved this week's episode, lots of music!
    Scarlett's drug taking is going to end badly, as is Gunnar and Zoe. Such a shame, all 3 are so damn nice.
  • Options
    Collins1965Collins1965 Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to love Rayna but she is annoying me so far this series. I much prefer Juliette now!!

I too bought the new CD and am loving it, especially Deacon's version of "A life that's good" - really fab.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I used to love Rayna but she is annoying me so far this series. I much prefer Juliette now!!

I too bought the new CD and am loving it, especially Deacon's version of "A life that's good" - really fab.
    Always preferred Juliette over Rayna - but that Charlie turning up with the Crazy Wife, I feel a Gun is going to be involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,977
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Scarlett's drug taking is going to end badly, as is Gunnar and Zoe. Such a shame, all 3 are so damn nice.

Did I miss something? :o
  • Options
    LazySusanLazySusan Posts: 6,419
    Forum Member

Puzzled by the Scarlett drug taking remark, she's never taken drugs has she unless I fell asleep in the middle.