✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    avaconradavaconrad Posts: 1,362
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VIEWER-VOTED CATEGORIES

Sexiest Male
    Ryan Thomas (Jason Grimshaw, Coronation Street)
    Danny Dyer (Mick Carter, EastEnders)
    Matthew Wolfenden (David Metcalfe, Emmerdale)
    Danny Mac (Dodger Savage, Hollyoaks)
    Ashley Taylor Dawson (Darren Osborne, Hollyoaks)

Sexiest Female
    Michelle Keegan (Tina McIntyre, Coronation Street)
    Georgia May Foote (Katy Armstrong, Coronation Street)
    Jacqueline Jossa (Lauren Branning, EastEnders)
    Jorgie Porter (Theresa McQueen, Hollyoaks)
    Jennifer Metcalfe (Mercedes Browning, Hollyoaks)

Villain of the Year
    Charlie Brooks (Janine Butcher, EastEnders)
    Dominic Power (Cameron Murray, Emmerdale)
    Greg Wood (Trevor Royle, Hollyoaks)
    Jesse Birdsall (Fraser Black, Hollyoaks)
    Anna Passey (Sienna Blake, Hollyoaks)

Best Actor
    David Neilson (Roy Cropper, Coronation Street)
    Danny Dyer (Mick Carter, EastEnders)
    Jeff Hordley (Cain Dingle, Emmerdale)
    Jeremy Sheffield (Patrick Blake, Hollyoaks)
    Kieron Richardson (Ste Hay, Hollyoaks)

Best Actress
    Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper, Coronation Street)
    Lacey Turner (Stacey Branning, EastEnders)
    Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson, EastEnders)
    Stephanie Davis (Sinead Roscoe, Hollyoaks)
    Nikki Sanderson (Maxine Minniver, Hollyoaks)

Best British Soap
    Coronation Street
    Doctors
    EastEnders
    Emmerdale
    Hollyoaks

PANEL-VOTED CATEGORIES

Best Single Episode
    Hayley's death (Coronation Street)
    'Perfect' (Doctors)
    Lucy's death - the aftermath (EastEnders)
    The Woolpack siege (Emmerdale)
    John Paul's rape ordeal (Hollyoaks)

Best Dramatic Performance
    David Neilson (Roy Cropper, Coronation Street)
    Chris Walker (Rob Hollins, Doctors)
    Lindsey Coulson (Carol Jackson, EastEnders)
    Charley Webb (Debbie Dingle, Emmerdale)
    Stephanie Davis (Sinead Roscoe, Hollyoaks)

Best Comedy Performance
    Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald, Coronation Street)
    Sarah Moyle (Valerie Pitman, Doctors)
    Linda Henry (Shirley Carter, EastEnders)
    Laura Norton (Kerry Wyatt, Emmerdale)
    Dan Tetsell (Jim McGinn, Hollyoaks)

Best Young Performance
    Alex Bain (Simon Barlow, Coronation Street)
    Oliver Woollford (Tom Finlayson, Doctors)
    Mimi Keene (Cindy Williams, EastEnders)
    Joe Warren-Plant (Jacob Gallagher, Emmerdale)
    Ellis Hollins (Tom Cunningham, Hollyoaks)

Spectacular Scene of the Year
    Nick and David's car crash (Coronation Street)
    Opening of Austenland (Doctors)
    Johnny comes out to Mick (EastEnders)
    The Woolpack flood and siege (Emmerdale)
    Hollyoaks Blast (Hollyoaks)

Best On-Screen Partnership
    David Neilson and Julie Hesmondhalgh (Roy and Hayley Cropper, Coronation Street)
    Danielle Henry and Lu Corfield (Mandy Marquez and Lois Wilson, Doctors)
    Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer (Linda and Mick Carter, EastEnders)
    Charlie Hardwick and Chris Chittell (Val and Eric Pollard, Emmerdale)
    Jennifer Metcalfe and Joseph Thompson (Mercedes McQueen and Dr Paul Browning, Hollyoaks)

Best Newcomer
    Amy Kelly (Maddie Heath, Coronation Street)
    Maddy Hill (Nancy Carter, EastEnders)
    Michael Parr (Ross Barton, Emmerdale)
    Charlie Clapham (Freddie Roscoe, Hollyoaks)

Best Storyline
    Hayley's cancer (Coronation Street)
    Jas stalking (Doctors)
    Hello Stacey, goodbye Janine (EastEnders)
    Killer Cameron (Emmerdale)
    Sienna steals Nancy's life (Hollyoaks)[/QUOTE]
  • Options
    dulliredullire Posts: 20,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting set of nominations, no best exit category?

All EastEnders noms seem to be post December. :D It's a grave shame that Charlie Brooks and Steve John Shepherd aren't up for more awards as their story carried the show for most of last year bar June when Lauren's alcoholism story took centre stage. The Carters unsurprisingly dominating the noms, Danny Dyer could clean up. Nice to see Maddy and Linda nommed, also like that they didn't pick a stunt for spectacular scene. Gutted for Adam, nice to see the Lucy aftermath up for best ep. Lindsey deservedly shortlisted for best actress. Storyline? are they having a laugh, almost as bad as Derek's demise. Why not Michael's murder and aftermath or is that code for it? :D:confused:

David and Julie (Roy & Hayley) dominating the Corrie noms. They definetly deserve recognition and I can see them cleaning up.

Emmerdale's Cameron story dominating theirs unsurprisingly also. They deserve something for it, the siege was especially gripping and breathtaking.

Hollyoaks has the most noms but they don't stand out in any category. Then again I don't watch it much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm also surprised that nobody from ED is up for best actress.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Hello Stacey.. Goodbye Janine' sorry but that sl was awful, Michael's murder was a much better sl imo.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are you fricken kidding me!!!! Sam Strike should have been nommed in the Best Newcomer or Best Young Performance category! What are these people on!!!!
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some very odd nominations for EE there. If "Lucy's death - the aftermath" is eligible for Best Single Episode then surely Adam should have been nominated for Best Actor, he was incredible this past week. Another interesting choice is Maddy Hill rather than Sam Strike for Best Newcomer. I like them both but thought that it would be Sam Strike who would receive the nomination. Johnny's coming out being nominated for spectacular scene of the year was also surprising but I think it could pay off.
  • Options
    priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »
    Some very odd nominations for EE there. If "Lucy's death - the aftermath" is eligible for Best Single Episode then surely Adam should have been nominated for Best Actor, he was incredible this past week. Another interesting choice is Maddy Hill rather than Sam Strike for Best Newcomer. I like them both but thought that it would be Sam Strike who would receive the nomination. Johnny's coming out being nominated for spectacular scene of the year was also surprising but I think it could pay off.
    He was nominated he just didn't get enough votes, the voting closed before Lucy week. I think they should have put him up for dramatic performance instead of Lindsey.
  • Options
    guestofsethguestofseth Posts: 5,303
    Forum Member
    Deleted (priscilla explained it better :))
  • Options
    FanntastikFanntastik Posts: 12,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    priscilla wrote: »
    He was nominated he just didn't get enough votes, the voting closed before Lucy week. I think they should have put him up for dramatic performance instead of Lindsey.
    Adam was longlisted for Best Actor but he didn't get enough votes to be nominated, if the voting was done after last week then he would have.
    Ohhhh I see. I hope he gets nominated next year then.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    If "Lucy's death - the aftermath" is eligible for Best Single Episode then surely Adam should have been nominated for Best Actor, he was incredible this past week

I think perhaps EE will nominate Adam next year since the storyline will continue past the BSA's. Hollyoaks was probably attempting to do that with the JP rape storyline, but that storyline has been so poorly executed that it probably won't get any recognition next year either.

Sorry, didn't see that Adam was longlisted. Yeah, the timing probably impacted the nomination. I imagine he could be shortlisted next year though.
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lacey Turner doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the best actress list.
  • Options
    ABCZYXABCZYX Posts: 12,107
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrRen wrote: »
    Yeah I noticed that! Shame as this is one of the few Emmerdale would have had in the bag for Gennie's superb exit!

I would have liked to have seen Gennie's car crash be shortlisted for Spectactular Scene of the Year as the siege is up for Best Single Episode. I think the car crash was really well done.
  • Options
    hilduffluvahilduffluva Posts: 3,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fanntastik wrote: »

Here Here! In my opinion we havent seen that much of Maddy (Nancy) for her to be nominated! If we had seen more of her and a few more layers to her then I'd be all for it but to chose her over Sam (Johnny) is a little baffling!
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    What the hell is Hello Stacey, Goodbye Janine? That two episodes they featured together?? They should have called it either Janine's exit or Michael's Murder. Good lord what a terrible name.
  • Options
    superstargirl81superstargirl81 Posts: 230
    Forum Member
    My choice of who I would like to win at the BSA'S (not that it matters but.....)

Sexiest Male - Danny Mac (Dodger Savage) Hollyoaks
    Villain of the year - Anna Passey (Sienna Blake) Hollyoaks
    Best Dramatic Performance - Stephanie Davis (Sinead Roscoe) - Hollyoaks
    Spectacular Scene of the year - Hollyoaks Blast - Hollyoaks

So looking at the other nominees there is no other villain that has been as brilliantly entertaining and ruthless as Sienna Blake (although Cameron from Emmerdale came close) I don't really have to explain the sexiest male lol and Stephanie Davis' performance in the episode where Katy dies broke my heart and that is why I picked her. She's not brilliant all the time which is why I picked someone else for best actress. and that blast was made for the spectacular scene award! The only competition they have is the Emmerdale siege.

Best Single Episode - The Woolpack Siege - Emmerdale
    Best Young Performance - Joe Warren-Plant (Jacob Gallagher) - Emmerdale
    Best Newcomer - Michael Parr (Ross Barton) - Emmerdale

I think Joe Warren-Plant has really improved this year and is much better than the other young actors/actresses nominated (I would've picked Belle Dingle if she was nominated) and the woolpack siege was a brilliant episode. I really like the way Ross was introduced to the show and I enjoyed all the drama of his first few weeks.

Best on-screen partnership - Kellie Bright and Danny Dyer (Linda and Mick Carter) - EastEnders

My first choice was Hayley and Roy for this award but I really like the chemistry these two have and not only is it a romantic relationship, it's also a friendship and a true partnership with banter and jokes. I really like these two and as you'll see below, Hayley and Roy already get lots of awards. Although I think Eastenders have improved this past year and come a close second on a lot of awards. IMHO this is the only one they deserve to win.

Best Storyline - Hayley's Cancer - Coronation St
    Best Actor - David Neilson (Roy Cropper) Coronation St
    Best Actress - Julie Hesmondhalgh (Hayley Cropper) - Coronation St
    Best British Soap - Coronation St
    Best Comedy Performance - Simon Gregson (Steve McDonald) - Coronation St
    Sexiest Female - Georgia May Foote (Katy Armstrong) Coronation St

I know I might have gone a bit crazy picking corrie for 6 awards but they really have had a good year! Hayley and Roy deserve to win best storyline and best actor/actress, (although i'm gonna guess best actor will go to Danny Dyer) Simon Gregson is the funniest out of all the nominees and although I think Georgia May Foote deserves the win Sexiest Female we all know it's going to be Michelle Keegan!

As Hollyoaks was last year, I'm putting Coronation St as the clear winner this year!

What about you guys? What are your predictions/wants?
  • Options
    HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I think Emmerdale is likely to be the most squeezed soap this year at the BSA.
  • Options
    Hit Em Up StyleHit Em Up Style Posts: 12,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well EE should defo win a few more than last year.

Think Best Episode, Johnny coming out and Mimi Keene must be shoe ins.

Stacey returns/Janine leaves is a weird one for storyline though. Surely Johnny coming out/Linda unable to accept her son being gay - would have been a wiser choice?

Maddy Hill over Sam Strike and Ben Hardy however is a big :confused:

I like Maddy but Ben should have been up.
  • Options
    trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    Maddy Hill over Sam Strike and Ben Hardy however is a big

Yeah, I really don't understand that. Nothing against Maddy Hill at all, but I just feel like Sam Strike and Ben Hardy made far greater impressions.
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,274
    Forum Member
    I hope EE win all the awards. :D
  • Options
    cyrilandshirleycyrilandshirley Posts: 48,569
    Forum Member
    ABCZYX wrote: »
    I would have liked to have seen Gennie's car crash be shortlisted for Spectactular Scene of the Year as the siege is up for Best Single Episode. I think the car crash was really well done.

Yes, ditto that. That car crash and Gennie's was one of the best scenes I've seen on any soap. It got me right back into Emmerdale, and I've never left. Shame it won't be recognised, but I really hope the siege is, that was fantastic as well.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Yeah, I really don't understand that. Nothing against Maddy Hill at all, but I just feel like Sam Strike and Ben Hardy made far greater impressions.

In the panel voting, were the soaps only allowed to put forward one nomination? I'm surprised that Eden (Belle in Emmerdale) wasn't chosen in the young performance (not that I'm taking anything away from who Emmerdale did put forward). Also was Hollyoaks Freddy really the best choice for newcomer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kymberly wrote: »
    In the panel voting, were the soaps only allowed to put forward one nomination? I'm surprised that Eden (Belle in Emmerdale) wasn't chosen in the young performance (not that I'm taking anything away from who Emmerdale did put forward). Also was Hollyoaks Freddy really the best choice for newcomer.

Robbie should have been put forward.
  • Options
    andreas_eastendandreas_eastend Posts: 3,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    'Sexiest Male' Guess those scenes with Mick from EastEnders in his underwear paid off :p I would much rather have seen Michael Parr from Emmerdale on this last, than Matthew Wolfenden.

'Sexiest Female' Hope that Jacqueline Jossa from EastEnders gets it.

'Villain of the Year' Hope Charlie Brooks wins it (EE), but it'll probably go to Cameron (ED) or Sienna (HO)

'Best Actor' No Adam Woodyatt?? :confused: I hope that Kieron Richardson wins it.

'Best Actress' Lacey Turner being shortlisted just proves how very popular she is :D. Is it deserved that she's been shortlisted since she's only been back for little over 2 months, with not much screentime ? No, but the public loves her, and so do I.
    Lindsey Coulson is fantastic. I really think she's got a good chance.

'Best Soap' I'll be very surprised if EE wins for the whole 2013 year, but if they have submitted episodes from december, then they definitely win.

'Single Episode' I've only seen Lucy's Death- Aftermath, so I can't be objective, but I do hope they win :D

'Dramatic Performance' Again Lindsey...? I would have much rather seen Adam Woodyatt's name, since he wasn't nominated for 'Best Actor'

'Best Newcomer' I'm actually torn between Ross from ED & Nancy from EE.

'Spectacular Scene' Oh I hope that EE wins this for 'Johnny comes out to Mick'
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watch EE and HO (and with HO, it's pretty reluctantly these days) and while I generally think the HO nominations make sense, I'm a little bit baffled by some of the EE choices.

The most glaring oversight, to me, is that the aftermath to Lucy's death was quite rightfully nominated for episode of the year, but Adam Woodyatt wasn't nominated for Best Dramatic Performance. I wonder if the producers were confident that he would be nominated for Best Actor, and so decided to go with Lindsey Coulson instead? But now we have Lindsey nominated for Best Dramatic Performance AND Best Actress, and Adam not receiving any individual recognition. I'm also flummoxed by EE's choice for Best Storyline; IMO, that whole sorry saga was a massive misstep for EE, with only Janine's scenes elevating it into something watchable. I'd have nominated Adam for Best Dramatic Performance, and put forward Carol's cancer ordeal for Best Storyline. I'm genuinely surprised this isn't the way it panned out.

Lots of people are expressing surprise that Sam Strike didn't get Best Newcomer, and while I was a bit disappointed about this I can see what EE was trying to do with the Carters. Mick, Shirley, Linda, Nancy and Johnny are now all represented across the different categories; if they were all to win (I'm not confident but some of them stand a really decent chance) then the buzz around the Carter family will be even bigger than it already is. I do think it's a shame for Sam, just in the sense that he would probably have walked Best Newcomer and I think the Spectacular Scene category will be where Emmerdale or HO will be represented this year. I hope I'm wrong as it would be really nice to have a non-stunt scene win.

As for HO, I think generally their nominations are okay but it really has been a very poor year for them. I am loling a bit at Charlie Clapham being nominated for Best Newcomer when he's so disliked on here. I have mixed feelings about him; I don't think they should have given him anywhere near the amount of storylines he's had this year, but I do think he's got a bit more about him than the other members of the Roscoe family (with the exception of Charlie Wernham, who I think should have been the one nominated.)

The only panel-voted nomination I think they maybe deserve to win is Best Storyline. The Sienna storyline, although a little bit far-fetched at times, has definitely been the high point of the year for HO. But it doesn't stand a chance against CS with Hayley's storyline.

As for the user voted nominations, well, what can you say? I saw somebody on Twitter tweet one of the actors (can't remember who, maybe Ashley Taylor Dawson?) saying that they'd voted for him 50 times. If it really means that much to some HO fans to see the actors be nominated in these categories, they should have at it. I do think it's absolutely ridiculous that Fraser is within sniffing distance of Best Villain; IMO he's the worst thing that's happened to HO this year. I hope Sienna or Trevor win in that category. I think they've both done excellent jobs.

Finally, I'm really pleased to see Kieron Richardson on the Best Actor list. I voted for him but I didn't think he stood a chance; IMO he's criminally underrated. As Adam Woodyat isn't on there, he's definitely got my vote to win (as much as I love Danny Dyer, I've got to stay loyal to Kieron here.) I personally don't think Jeremy Sheffield should have been nominated. He's okay but he can be a bit pantomime at times.