Options

Little Mix Discussion Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    AshleyRoseXAshleyRoseX Posts: 2,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Melissa. wrote: »
    Did you not read what I said? I said even if it isn't true. I know it's just speculation. Who is "you guys"? I've made no post saying them working with Jason Derulo producers was confirmed. :confused:

Don't fabricate things.

Don't be surprised Mel, that's what a bunch of those posters have been doing recently. Stirring things up and creating drama, also sent an abusive message aimed at me. :).This isn't ATRL, they should take that stuff over there. :blush:
  • Options
    JustArunJustArun Posts: 8,941
    Forum Member
    I'm pretty sure a few pages back, one of you did say it's very likely to happen.
  • Options
    casualviewercasualviewer Posts: 31,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JustArun wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a few pages back, one of you did say it's very likely to happen.

Not really.
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=73836375#post73836375
  • Options
    Forum Member

Nissl wrote: »
    In LM related content, the producer (Ricky Reed) is the same one who did Talk Dirty and Wiggle for Derulo, and I'm pretty sure LM indicated they'll have him for a song or two on the new album as well. Looking forward to hearing the results. He's really good with those woodwind instruments, and presumably LM will be writing the lyrics instead of him.

The poster who posted this wasn't saying it's going to happen for sure, but a few individuals in here took that as confirmation and started spreading news that they're definitely working with him.:blush:
  • Options
    DreCDreC Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's funny how people think their make-up/styling is one of the main reasons the general public don't take them seriously. Although Perrie and Jesy's make-up are way too heavy, they do need to tone that down.

But girl groups in general aren't taken seriously, the average straight man just sees them as girls they want to "bang", completely disregarding how they sing/dance/put on a show. And some girls have a preconceived idea, in thinking they're stuck up and bitchy when that's not always the case. Especially with LM.

I really couldn't be bothered to comment on it all, it's quite ridiculous
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I see fraternisation with the enemy has started again
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If I was the girls I will be looking to work with different producers.
    Produce different things. Try new things like.

Edit: remember that image is everything in the pop/music world.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chem wrote: »

I beg to differ it's not as important as a few posters have made it out to be.

Hit's are everything in the pop/music world that's what the girls need more than anything, before we start nip picking their style and makeup

I'd say public image behaviour wise is more important that actual style.
  • Options
    Forum Member

I'm sure they want to, it's just a case of schedules and timing. Especially if they're planning to write and record the album within the time space of two weeks. Added to that, will Syco really be willing to let them work with high budget producers?

From what I've seen they've only been doing that for Ella and Tamara.

I agree with you, image is really important.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think we can drop the two weeks to write an album trope now. The situation changed and its past the two weeks anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I think we can drop the two weeks to write an album trope now. The situation changed and its past the two weeks anyway.

No, I think you misread them. Didn't they say it'll take them a time space of two weeks not that'll they'll finish recording the new album in two weeks. :blush:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I believe that image plays an important part in the pop world. People will always judge how you look first.
    I remember reading some where online that people did not take any notice with LM in their first era because they thought their whole image was a mess.
    I'm not saying their image is bad p, I'm just saying it plays an important role.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Despite some of the truly dreadful SFX, I wish LM would play around with elaborate video concepts like DNA more. I loved the Sin City aesthetic. And lord knows they're all dramatic enough that you could get them to play actual characters.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No they said, and I still think it was a sarcasm, that the label wanted them to write it in two weeks. I think it was an attempt at a little dig that has taken on literal meaning, but I'm sure they really did feel the timeframe was too short.

In print it seems literal but Jade did a huff and eyeroll in the interview clip.
    Despite some of the truly dreadful SFX, I wish LM would play around with elaborate video concepts like DNA more. I loved the Sin City aesthetic. And lord knows they're all dramatic enough that you could get them to play actual characters.

Yeah we want Part II !!!
  • Options
    Forum Member

Their best song, and would have found more success than 'Wings'. ^_^ In the US, of course.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The girls are musicians who should be writing whilst on the road anyway. So if someone was to throw the '2 week deadline' at them as artists they should be prepared. Although I do think it may have been a little exaggerated.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    No I believe that image plays an important part in the pop world. People will always judge how you look first.
    I remember reading some where online that people did not take any notice with LM in their first era because they thought their whole image was a mess.
    I'm not saying their image is bad p, I'm just saying it plays an important role.

Not if they hear the music first. Looks become more important if it leads the music. Release a bonafide smash single and no one cares what you look like or how you dance, case in point, Lorde. Prior to Royals, no one knew who she was, what she looked like, or how she performed on stage. It was all about the music.

Respect is earned and right now there isn't one Girl Group that has earned the GP's respect, not because how they look or dance, because they haven't released solid music to draw the public in.
  • Options
    Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade having a think in our writing session! Thought of a video to match the song today, always a good sign for us! Xx
    https://twitter.com/LittleMix/status/491670744552980481

Hopefully, they're done with pointless predictable videos and we'll get an interesting concept. Either way, I like that they're visualising down the line though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The poster who posted this wasn't saying it's going to happen for sure, but a few individuals in here took that as confirmation and started spreading news that they're definitely working with him.:blush:

"In LM related content, the producer (Ricky Reed) is the same one who did Talk Dirty and Wiggle for Derulo, and I'm pretty sure LM indicated they'll have him for a song or two on the new album as well. Looking forward to hearing the results. He's really good with those woodwind instruments, and presumably LM will be writing the lyrics instead of him."

If Nissl had written "...I'm pretty sure LM indicated A DESIRE TO have him..." then there would have been no ambiguity, but the whole paragraph reads as a definite, not a desire as he goes on to say how he's looking forward to the results.

Arun, please show me a post where I confirmed anything? :)

The girls are currently back in the studio with Jacob Kasher and Ricky Reed(Wallpaper), I'm so happy they're working with him. Hopefully we get a few more bops from him on the album.

Actually the whole team is back together including Taylor Parks. More name dropping?

Someone over on the LM discussion thread mentioned Ricky Reed is working with LM on a couple of tracks for their new album. Interesting news but haven't been able to confirm it yet, so for now just a rumor.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    john1995 wrote: »
    listening to the the album "about the boy" should have been the second single in uk and the first single in the US. that would have done so much better than "move"

I both agree and disagree. "About a Boy" would have been the best single off of Salute for the US, but not a 'hit' without an update to both vocal arrangements and Instrumentals. Parts were great, others not so much.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    abt is definitely not a better song than move, it wouldn't have had its longevity

I can't speak to what the music tastes in the UK are but Move had no longevity in the US and it was because it wasn't current enough to catch the GP's attention. It had a beat, but it was dated before it ever hit radio.
  • Options
    19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has to be no Little Me or CYL type songs now. This is the third album FFS. No other girl band does this cringefest.

I still like Little Me but enough!! ;)

I hope their new single is as strong as Move and gets to #1.
  • Options
    avon942avon942 Posts: 18,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1992 wrote: »
    There has to be no Little Me or CYL type songs now. This is the third album FFS. No other girl band does this cringefest.

I still like Little Me but enough!! ;)

I hope their new single is as strong as Move and gets to #1.

Thing is I think those songs are apart of who the girls are, I can't see them not writing those kind of songs even if they are not released as singles.

If I had a request for album 3, it would be more rapping from Leigh, Beat boxing for Jesy and a R&B Slow jam!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Last night I was thinking that when fans want a girl group to mature, they always insist on going sexy.

When I think of mature, I think "confident" which may or may not encompass sexy. Rather than having them slink around like a cliche, I want their photoshoot to show confidence and that air of being leaders because they are comfortable in their own skin and with taking their fate in their own hands, if that makes any sense. Let the other acts try to just sex up alone.

In fact, as an observer of human behavior, I'm going to guess a lot of fan complaints recently actually stem from a little fear, because if there's one thing LM (the girls) always seemed to have, was a plan. From the very beginning after they formed they just acted like it even if they didnt. With the shambles that this US effort was this year, they seemed to stumble and I think people have reacted.

Musical/lyrical maturity is what I'm looking for more than image, although I do agree confidence is important but has little to do with looks, more to do with how one carries themselves and behaves. That said, this whole notion that image drives girl group success is ass backwards. Time and time again it's been proven either great music or nowadays a viral Music Video is a better path to success than image. Latest example Sia. Her music video went viral. It's been all over the talk show circuit, not her though. Who is she? Doesn't even appear in the video yet she has the #1 album in the US. If I hadn't already Googled her I wouldn't know if Sia was a soloist or the name of a new girl group.

I'd like to see all the current girl groups spend more time on the music, less time on the image...at least until they release something worthy of an image.
  • Options
    ridiculoussridiculouss Posts: 54
    Forum Member
    MsDirect wrote: »
    Musical/lyrical maturity is what I'm looking for more than image, although I do agree confidence is important but has little to do with looks, more to do with how one carries themselves and behaves. That said, this whole notion that image drives girl group success is ass backwards. Time and time again it's been proven either great music or nowadays a viral Music Video is a better path to success than image. Latest example Sia. Her music video went viral. It's been all over the talk show circuit, not her though. Who is she? Doesn't even appear in the video yet she has the #1 album in the US. If I hadn't already Googled her I wouldn't know if Sia was a soloist or the name of a new girl group.

I'd like to see all the current girl groups spend more time on the music, less time on the image...at least until they release something worthy of an image.

OMG it's like you just read my mind ! I've been dreaming for quite some time now for them to make a video they don't even appear in ( or just a quick a cameo a la David Guetta). I really think it would help them be more appealing to the GP.
This discussion has been closed.