Options

Denise

flaviawowflaviawow Posts: 152
Forum Member
Does anybody else find Denise van Outen and James Jordan and the constant praise lavished on them by the judges a little boring.Even Craig's comments are weird - to say that tonights charleston by them was the best charleston ever in SCD was way over the top.The judges might as well give them the trophy now & let the rest dance for 2nd place.
I have always liked Denise from way back but she does make mistakes & has not had a bad dance yet which makes me wonder whether she has in fact done ballroom dancing before or at least had lessons and so make it all unfair.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 91
    Forum Member
    Yes, it's just getting totally dull and predictable. I didn't even think their Charleston was that good! I agree, it's feeling like they might as well just stop the competition now and hand over the trophy - what's the point?!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    As I have said before, I can't stand the woman. But today, she did dance well and very well deserved score. But I dunno how fair it is to the other contestants!
  • Options
    QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Give it a rest. You guys can never be pleased can you? This forum really has it in for Denise. Her dance was worth It's scores. Not sure why Craig didn't give a 10 though, considering his comments.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Denise. I loved her as Roxy Hart and loved her dancing in Chicago. But I have to agree with Chris Evans Denise has a huge advantage over someone who has never danced before SCD. Even Kimberly has been to stage school.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, it's just getting totally dull and predictable. I didn't even think their Charleston was that good! I agree, it's feeling like they might as well just stop the competition now and hand over the trophy - what's the point?!

they bore me every week although technically i think she is good. The Charlston this week had something missing - the music was very pedestrian.

Denise will make it to the final - the judge will ensure it no matter how often she is in the bottom two. She won't win though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,830
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    At the moment she is the best dancer, and if she were to win, I would be quite happy with the best dancer being the winner.
  • Options
    TissyTissy Posts: 45,748
    Forum Member
    flaviawow wrote: »
    Does anybody else find Denise van Outen and James Jordan and the constant praise lavished on them by the judges a little boring.Even Craig's comments are weird - to say that tonights charleston by them was the best charleston ever in SCD was way over the top.The judges might as well give them the trophy now & let the rest dance for 2nd place.I have always liked Denise from way back but she does make mistakes & has not had a bad dance yet which makes me wonder whether she has in fact done ballroom dancing before or at least had lessons and so make it all unfair.

However the judges don`t elect the winner.... it`s down to the public.
  • Options
    linc52linc52 Posts: 1,780
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »
    Give it a rest. You guys can never be pleased can you? This forum really has it in for Denise. Her dance was worth It's scores. Not sure why Craig didn't give a 10 though, considering his comments.

im sorry denise should not be in the show
  • Options
    turquoiseblueturquoiseblue Posts: 2,431
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't actually enjoy it at all. I thought it was disjointed. For me the best charleston ever was ola and chris.
  • Options
    ormsterormster Posts: 409
    Forum Member
    James will be very grumpy if they don't win!
  • Options
    fredsterfredster Posts: 31,802
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    QwaarJet wrote: »

well said, I love her dancing, but I don't think the public will let her win. Shades of Zoe Ball.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ormster wrote: »
    James will be very grumpy if they don't win!

hes a big head anyway
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    I can't give the woman praise - I'm not judging her in line with the other dancers so I just exclude her from the line up now. Whereas I look forward to seeing how the others have improved (or not in the case of me me Vicky,) with Denise I can't work up any enthusiasm because you know her dances are going to be good, especially the pacey ones.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    linc52 wrote: »

Why? Do you think Kimberley should not be there as well?
  • Options
    WiskasWiskas Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bornfree wrote: »
    I really like Denise. I loved her as Roxy Hart and loved her dancing in Chicago. But I have to agree with Chris Evans Denise has a huge advantage over someone who has never danced before SCD. Even Kimberly has been to stage school.

No, no, she didn't dance!! She just sat on a chair!!! You must have mistaken her for some other ringah.
  • Options
    StockingfillerStockingfiller Posts: 3,302
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    James isn't a bighead. He's a very hard worker and is very motivated.Oh. Maybe that goes against him these days . :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Mrs FinkelsteinMrs Finkelstein Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Denise, and don't really have an issue with her being in the show. I think she' great, but I've yet to have a WOW dance from her.

And tonight was no exception. It just left me cold, I could see technically she did it really well, but it just didn't 'bounce' or make me smile the way some other charlestons have - Ali Bastion's or Chris Hollins for example. Watching it back I think it was the music, it was just awful and didn't suit it at all.

Good, but not worthy of 10s IMHO.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm assuming you don't want Dani Harmer there either then, seeing as how she apparently she made her stage debut at the age of 6 in the stage musical Tommy and went to the Redroof Theatre school?

Or Kimberley Walsh who starred as Young Cosette in a regional production of Les Misérables and attended the Bradford based theatre school Stage 84 for many years (and also taught there at one point).

Or Lisa Riley who trained at the Oldham Theatre Workshop from the age of nine?

Clearly if you think Denise has an advantage over everyone else then so must they, well not over each other obviously but over everyone else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i dont care what the others did DENISE SHOULD NOT BE ON THE SHOW
  • Options
    madetomeasuremadetomeasure Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I'm assuming you don't want Dani Harmer there either then, seeing as how she apparently she made her stage debut at the age of 6 in the stage musical Tommy and went to the Redroof Theatre school?

Or Kimberley Walsh who starred as Young Cosette in a regional production of Les Misérables and attended the Bradford based theatre school Stage 84 for many years (and also taught there at one point).

Clearly if you think Denise has an advantage over everyone else then so must they, well not over each other obviously but over everyone else?

Haven't the others, maybe with the exception of Kimberley done their training when they were young? Are we comparing like for like there? I don't have a problem so much with the fact she was trained at a well known drama school, but I do in that she has appeared in musicals which are known for their dancing and to be in them, you have to be pretty hot at it.
  • Options
    RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh right, so it's not a view based on actual facts then, just irrational personal hatred?

Fair enough.
  • Options
    ilovesootyilovesooty Posts: 1,532
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What an original idea for a thread. Not.
  • Options
    bornfreebornfree Posts: 16,360
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rorschach wrote: »

Well if that is the case then Dani, Lisa, Denise and Kimberley shouldnt be on the show. Louise, Michael, Victoria, Nicky, and Richard show a lot of progress considering they have never done dancing. Infact the ones who've had training should be a lot better than really are. Basing it on most progress made Louis should be on top of the leader board every week and I am not even his greatest fan. I really do like Denise have done so since I saw her in Chicago.
  • Options
    warszawawarszawa Posts: 4,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's as good as she is insincere. Yes, that good.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Again I ask why?
This discussion has been closed.