Options

Does this forum actually like Phelan or not?

iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
Forum Member
I don't usually keep up with the Corrie fans but Phelan is a big topic to the Corrie fans right now, and I can't tell if the fans actually like him or if they're taking the piss? :D

Comments

• Options
    lewisktfclewisktfc Posts: 770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally, I did like him, I think opinions were split though.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's rare that a character can command such presence with every breath and line. Such a diverse and endearing character, whether he's releasing those lazy good for nothing scumbag pondlife Windasses out of a perfectly good contract, or ensuring - nay, demanding that a recently deceased pigeon got the funeral and respect it deserved, at the expense of his own pocket no less.

The street has been crying out for someone with a firm but fair policy for quite some time. Chesney is too busy running his harem to run his manor these days, it's high time Phelan moved in and restored some order. Do you really think Maria would be bottling people on the street, or Rita having 9 double sherries before going for an afternoon drive would happen on his watch?

And as for that wife Valerie, I have not a single doubt in my mind whatsoever that she's gonna be the new totty on the street once Lady Ronseal finally dies.

I won't go into too much hyperbole as men of a certain breed deserve some respect and decorum befitting of their status, but I'd go as far to say that some days I find it hard to know where Phelan ends and Jesus begins.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    It's rare that a character can command such presence with every breath and line. Such a diverse and endearing character, whether he's releasing those lazy good for nothing scumbag pondlife Windasses out of a perfectly good contract, or ensuring - nay, demanding that a recently deceased pigeon got the funeral and respect it deserved, at the expense of his own pocket no less.

The street has been crying out for someone with a firm but fair policy for quite some time. Chesney is too busy running his harem to run his manor these days, it's high time Phelan moved in and restored some order. Do you really think Maria would be bottling people on the street, or Rita having 9 double sherries before going for an afternoon drive would happen on his watch?

And as for that wife Valerie, I have not a single doubt in my mind whatsoever that she's gonna be the new totty on the street once Lady Ronseal finally dies.

I won't go into too much hyperbole as men of a certain breed deserve some respect and decorum befitting of their status, but I'd go as far to say that some days I find it hard to know where Phelan ends and Jesus begins.

Does that answer your answer, Matt? :D
  • Options
    Sal*UKSal*UK Posts: 335
    Forum Member
    Hate him - which I think is probably the reaction the producers are looking for. Great actor too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    most likely taking the piss.
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm thinking of writing a book about him, so future generations can try and understand. Busy schedule though - I'm writing a fanfic where every character is played by Cora for Vaslav, planning Phelan's 2015 Eurovision entry, and now I've gotta write a book on the bloke too :(
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
    Forum Member
    I didn't like him really, but I liked what he did to the Armstrong-Windarses :)
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This 100%. JB, you've got such a way with words. I think Phelan would think you were a top bloke.
  • Options
    sam_geesam_gee Posts: 48,992
    Forum Member
    I bet Valerie 's glad when her Pat is unfaithful; Phelan would be too much for one woman...
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B speaks for us all. :cool::cool:
  • Options
    I've Got ClassI've Got Class Posts: 12,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Honestly, he made me 'Phel' good.
  • Options
    Joy DeanJoy Dean Posts: 21,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    iMatt_101 wrote: »
    I don't usually keep up with the Corrie fans but Phelan is a big topic to the Corrie fans right now, and I can't tell if the fans actually like him or if they're taking the piss? :D

I had forgotten him until reading this; a pantomime comic character. IMO.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Phelan was the king of the street :cool: a deeply, deeply sexual man.
  • Options
    Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    Honestly, he made me 'Phel' good.

:D:D:D
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member

For the first time ever, I really, REALLY wish there was a 'like' button!

*Applause*
  • Options
    Bonesy84Bonesy84 Posts: 5,741
    Forum Member
    Have we seen the last of him or not :confused:
  • Options
    Sweet_PrincessSweet_Princess Posts: 11,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No I hate him so vile
  • Options
    curvybabescurvybabes Posts: 13,223
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like him, he,s a great baddie to watch and a brilliant actor
  • Options
    Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anna can pretend she didnt want him all she wants. She was brie cheese in his hands
  • Options
    NathanJohnsonNathanJohnson Posts: 2,672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm thinking of writing a book about him, so future generations can try and understand. Busy schedule though - I'm writing a fanfic where every character is played by Cora for Vaslav, planning Phelan's 2015 Eurovision entry, and now I've gotta write a book on the bloke too :(

I will be opening a Pat Phelan fan club. I will be making Pat Phelan merchandise such as T-Shirts and framed photographs to put up on the wall, and other goodies like Pat Phelan bobble heads. Hopefully one day he goes down in the history books as a great influential man.

There will also be a DVD, Coronation Street - The Best of Pat Phelan with all his great moments such as asking Gary to take care of the pigeon, the introduction of his tough best friend Clive the Foreman and the moment when audiences were moved when he asked Anna on their first date at the hotel.
  • Options
    sheila bligesheila blige Posts: 8,012
    Forum Member
    He gives me a warm, fuzzy phelan!

Seriously - he's a brilliant baddie. Its about time a soap had a truly, 'boo-hiss' villain and the actor does a brilliant job.
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    I love him, he's such a good baddie.