Soap stars in more than one soap

Jack_ClintonJack_Clinton Posts: 2,495
Forum Member
✭✭✭
With the news today that former Coronation Street actress Tracy Brabin (I too young to remember who she played) is joining Emmerdale as Carole (Ashley's new lover), how many other actors/actresses have appeared in more than one soap?

How many can you name?

My list: Tracy Brabin, Michelle Collins, Zoe Henry, Jason Merrells, Gaynor Faye, Chris Bisson, Sue Johnston, Catherine Tydesley, Ben Price, Vicky Binns,

Comments

• J-BJ-B Posts: 18,597
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jason Grimshaw off of Coronation Street is currently off of Emmerdale too. I find it incredibly implausible that he hasn't called Charlie Stubbs out on being dead yet.
  • rollockingbatrollockingbat Posts: 1,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off the top of my head:

Mark Charnock (Marlon Dingle, Emmerdale) appeared in Corrie as a copper and a pizza delivery boy in the early 90s.

Eric Potts (Diggory Compton, Corrie) appeared in Emmerdale as B&B guest Mr Wilkie in 2012.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Gillian Talyforth (EE, now HO), Nikki Sanderson (CS, now HO), Sheree Murphy (ED, HO, soon Neighbours)

Alex Carter played Lee Hunter in HO, then played Bob's son Jamie in ED, then left and went back to HO for a bit. Same with Gemma Bissix, she was Clare in EE, then Clare in HO, then went back to EE for a short stint, then went back to HO.

Jeremy Sheffield had a part in CS as Becky's bloke who she went off with didn't he? Now he's in HO. Cindy HO had a minor part in CS as Jason's baby's mum (which actually turned out to be Charlie's kid). Leela in HO has played minor characters in both ED and CS.

Looking through the current HO cast list I can see a total of 11 cast members that have been in other soaps! ED have 7, CS have 3, I can't see any on EE's list*. But then it depends if you've heard about it or not, I very recently discovered Nana McQueen in HO played Cindy Beale's mum in EE.

* Actually just remembered Jamie Lomas has been in both EE and HO.
  • misty cloudmisty cloud Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J-B wrote: »
    Jason Grimshaw off of Coronation Street is currently off of Emmerdale too. I find it incredibly implausible that he hasn't called Charlie Stubbs out on being dead yet.

its not Jason Grimshaw its his real life brother they do look very alike
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,453
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Marilyn in home and away was in emmerdale
  • actual_soapactual_soap Posts: 5,378
    Forum Member
    Pat Butcher was in Emmmerdale back in the 70s.

Dot Cotton was in Corrie, also in the 70s.
  • CPW4EVERCPW4EVER Posts: 2,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glynis Barber who played Ronnie & Roxy's mother in EE has also appeared in Emmerdale, Family Affairs, Night and Day and Doctors.

Tony Booth has appeared in Coronation Street, Emmerdale, EastEnders, Family Affairs, Doctors and 80's flop Albion Market.

Anne Charleston played Edna's sister in Emmerdale and Betty in Crossroads as well as appearing in Aussie soaps Neighbours, Number 96, Bellbird, Possession, Skyways, Class of 74 and Prisoner: Cell Block H.
  • MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Marc Silcock who played Jackson off ED was also Eli in HO and he also played Bob Hope's son in ED as well.
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belle15 wrote: »
    Gillian Talyforth (EE, now HO), Nikki Sanderson (CS, now HO), Sheree Murphy (ED, HO, soon Neighbours)

Alex Carter played Lee Hunter in HO, then played Bob's son Jamie in ED, then left and went back to HO for a bit. Same with Gemma Bissix, she was Clare in EE, then Clare in HO, then went back to EE for a short stint, then went back to HO.

Jeremy Sheffield had a part in CS as Becky's bloke who she went off with didn't he? Now he's in HO. Cindy HO had a minor part in CS as Jason's baby's mum (which actually turned out to be Charlie's kid). Leela in HO has played minor characters in both ED and CS.

Looking through the current HO cast list I can see a total of 11 cast members that have been in other soaps! ED have 7, CS have 3, I can't see any on EE's list*. But then it depends if you've heard about it or not, I very recently discovered Nana McQueen in HO played Cindy Beale's mum in EE.

BII: Jeremy Sheffield was also in Holby City!
  • KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    belle15 wrote: »

James Sutton (Hollyoaks John Paul Mcqueen) followed a similar route. Was in Hollyoaks, then went to Emmerdale (think his character was called Ryan Lamb), before returning back to Hollyoaks where he remains now. :)
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,193
    Forum Member
    Susan Flannery was on both Days Of Our Lives & The Bold And The Beautiful.
  • MackenizeMackenize Posts: 271
    Forum Member
    Kirsty Leigh Porter has been in CS/ED and now HO.
  • iMatt_101iMatt_101 Posts: 7,081
    Forum Member
    Gary Lucy
  • 09beyoncefan09beyoncefan Posts: 2,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kimberly Walsh's sister Amy was Jenifique McQueen in HO and is joining Emmerdale
    Nana McQueen off Hollyoaks was in Eastenders
    Stephen Billington (Danny Lomax) was Greg Kelly in Corrie
  • iGeek2014iGeek2014 Posts: 573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Kimberly Walsh's sister Amy was Jenifique McQueen in HO and is joining Emmerdale
    Nana McQueen off Hollyoaks was in Eastenders
    Stephen Billington (Danny Lomax) was Greg Kelly in Corrie

BIB: He was Sally Webster's violent boyfriend and Les Battersby's son, wasn't he?

Ali Bastion was Becca in Hollyoaks and later appeared in The Bill.

Jane Danson (Leanne Battersby) also made an appearance in The Bill.

Then there was Nancy HO who appeared in Crossroads.

Further back an actor called Seb Castang was in Night & Day before appearing in Family Affairs... and talking of FA Kezia Pelka was in Brookside before appearing in that show, too.
  • jackoljackol Posts: 7,887
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »

Ryan Thomas has never been in Emmerdale
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mackenize wrote: »
    Kirsty Leigh Porter has been in CS/ED and now HO.

I know Kirsty-Leigh was in Corrie as Zoe, a short-term girfriend for David around Christmas 2009. Incredible as this may sound now, but I don't remember her from CS. :o What may not help was that, at the time, I may have mixed up the name Kirsty Leigh Porter with newcomer at the time Georgia May Foote who plays Katy Armstrong! :blush:

Also, Fraser was played by Jesse Birdsall, who played Marcus in Eldorado. He may have also been in EE but I have watched it rarely in recent years.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 79,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shirley Stelfox (currently Emmerdale's Edna) also appeared in Corrie, Brookside, Family Affairs and EE.
  • attitude99attitude99 Posts: 14,848
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't the loan shark who was after Joe McIntyre in CS also in other soaps?
  • Multimedia81Multimedia81 Posts: 82,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    attitude99 wrote: »
    Wasn't the loan shark who was after Joe McIntyre in CS also in other soaps?

I think he was Greg Wood, who is now Trevor in Hollyoaks. As he is currently in prison (potentially falsely accused of murdering Fraser) we haven't seen him for a few weeks.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,664
    Forum Member
    Shirley Stelfox (currently Emmerdale's Edna) also appeared in Corrie, Brookside, Family Affairs and EE.

She was also the original Rose (Hyacinth's sister) in Keeping Up Appearances and nothing could be further from the character she plays in Emmerdale.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,799
    Forum Member
    Wasn't Ross Kemp in ED briefly in the 80s?
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,664
    Forum Member
    SMIDSYmk2 wrote: »
    Wasn't Ross Kemp in ED briefly in the 80s?

Yes he was, think he was a friend of Jackie Merricks but I may have got that wrong.
  • Brummie Girl Brummie Girl Posts: 22,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Craig McLachlan was in Neighbours then Home & Away
    I don't watch Neighbours anymore but I know there are actors in there who used to be in Home & Away
    Richard Grieve was in Neighbours & Emmerdale
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Johnny Briggs - Mike Baldwin of Corrie, appeared in Crossroads in the 70's as a similar smoothie character Cliff Leyton. He swept Miss Diane off her feet!