Options

Eastenders - Another Carter secret *Spoilers*

KBambiKBambi Posts: 3,425
Forum Member
✭✭✭
EastEnders fans will learn more about the Carter family history next week as another big secret is revealed.

Read more: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a581314/eastenders-to-reveal-another-carter-family-secret-spoiler-picture.html?utm_source=twt&utm_medium=snets&utm_campaign=twitter#~oIIg9fpQkC9BD7#ixzz36AOZcBXM

EastEnders airs these scenes on Thursday, July 10 at 7.30pm on BBC One.

Comments

• Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Linda will reveal herself as Shazza's birth mum?
    Either Linda or Mick will reveal they were raped?
    Mick is really a fat women called Lesley??
  • Options
    Seymour ButtsSeymour Butts Posts: 3,761
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another secret? There seems to be a new one every month.

Maybe these people should be a bit more open with each other
  • Options
    lollipop1995lollipop1995 Posts: 2,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds brilliant, can't wait! Wonder what it is :eek:
  • Options
    HarloweHarlowe Posts: 20,022
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They've got more secrets then the catholic church!

My guess it's related to Lee.
  • Options
    0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda is actually Kathy Beale in witness protection.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    Hmm with the photos of Linda crying here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a581310/eastenders-linda-carter-to-drop-bombshell-on-mick-spoiler-pictures.html#~oIIMjFDwWAw485

I would guess her asking to have another baby then crying afterwards and this secret are linked. I think maybe she had another child after Johnny who died/was stillborn?
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    belle15 wrote: »
    Hmm with the photos of Linda crying here:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s2/eastenders/scoop/a581310/eastenders-linda-carter-to-drop-bombshell-on-mick-spoiler-pictures.html#~oIIMjFDwWAw485

I would guess her asking to have another baby then crying afterwards and this secret are linked. I think maybe she had another child after Johnny who died/was stillborn?

I think that would have come out on Friday's episode which was all about her loss in life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 242
    Forum Member
    I think that would have come out on Friday's episode which was all about her loss in life.

Ahh I didn't watch it. Okay my theory isn't likely then
  • Options
    EastenderstreetEastenderstreet Posts: 3,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Linda is actually Dean's father
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not another Carter family secret :D
  • Options
    Keyser_Soze1Keyser_Soze1 Posts: 25,182
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    maurice45 wrote: »
    Not another Carter family secret :D

I can exclusively reveal they are all secretly forced to have sex with Philth in the Queen Vic alley every Wednesday! :o
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not another bloody family secret
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think we got a big hint about what this would be the other week when Mick was talking to Phil about the hospital about Nancy and Johnny's respective births but didn't mention Lee's. I think we then got a further hint on the episode on Friday when Linda and Stan were talking about what things were like for Linda around the time of her father's death, but again didn't talk about Lee being conceived despite the fact that it must have happened around that time.

Calling it now: Mick isn't Lee's real father, and none of the Carter children including Lee himself know this.

Mick will have certainly brought Lee up as his own, but I feel that Linda's trauma when it came to what she perceived as not being able to save her father means that she'd have vulnerable at the time and may have had a moment of madness where she slept with another man - possibly an older man who then disappeared from the scene. Que Mick, with all his rejection and daddy issues, stepping in and becoming Lee's father.

The fact that Dean specifically bonds with Lee earlier in the episode makes me even more convinced this is case. This is going to be Dean's real slide into darkness: using Linda's fear that he may tell Lee to get closer to her on HIS terms, and possibly forming a close friendship with Lee to get her even more frightened.

We've also then got an interesting parallel of possibly two 'half brother' secrets coming out at exactly the same time: the difference will be that Nancy and Johnny (and probably Lee himself) won't care in the slightest as it won't change their close sibling relationship. Whereas the hatred between Mick and Dean will intensify ten fold once they find out they're half brothers.

This is obviously all speculation at this point but I really can't think of anything else it can be. The only thing that makes me slightly hesitant is how much Lee looks like Mick, but maybe that's been a red herring all along. After all, Johnny and Nancy look very similar to each other but Lee looks completely different from them, so maybe that was a deliberate piece of foreshadowing when they cast Danny-Boy Hatchard.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    _elly001 wrote: »
    I think we got a big hint about what this would be the other week when Mick was talking to Phil about the hospital about Nancy and Johnny's respective births but didn't mention Lee's. I think we then got a further hint on the episode on Friday when Linda and Stan were talking about what things were like for Linda around the time of her father's death, but again didn't talk about Lee being conceived despite the fact that it must have happened around that time.

Calling it now: Mick isn't Lee's real father, and none of the Carter children including Lee himself know this.

Mick will have certainly brought Lee up as his own, but I feel that Linda's trauma when it came to what she perceived as not being able to save her father means that she'd have vulnerable at the time and may have had a moment of madness where she slept with another man - possibly an older man who then disappeared from the scene. Que Mick, with all his rejection and daddy issues, stepping in and becoming Lee's father.

The fact that Dean specifically bonds with Lee earlier in the episode makes me even more convinced this is case. This is going to be Dean's real slide into darkness: using Linda's fear that he may tell Lee to get closer to her on HIS terms, and possibly forming a close friendship with Lee to get her even more frightened.

We've also then got an interesting parallel of possibly two 'half brother' secrets coming out at exactly the same time: the difference will be that Nancy and Johnny (and probably Lee himself) won't care in the slightest as it won't change their close sibling relationship. Whereas the hatred between Mick and Dean will intensify ten fold once they find out they're half brothers.

This is obviously all speculation at this point but I really can't think of anything else it can be. The only thing that makes me slightly hesitant is how much Lee looks like Mick, but maybe that's been a red herring all along. After all, Johnny and Nancy look very similar to each other but Lee looks completely different from them, so maybe that was a deliberate piece of foreshadowing when they cast Danny-Boy Hatchard.

I think you might be right, this was my initial thought. I immediately thought something was up when Mick mentioned the births of Nancy and Johnny but not Lee and then again when Stan and Linda were talking about her pregnancy last week and she used the line: 'You think I tricked him, Mick wanted a family'...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just reading other comments and please god, no rape or abuse!
  • Options
    J-BJ-B Posts: 18,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    15 years from now they will still be peddling out the weekly Carter secrets, just when we think we know every excruciating detail of their lives, Linda will sit Mick down and say: "Mick, it's about time I told you what I had for tea at my 9th birthday party", not realising that Shirley and her 7 secret children are sat there listening.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    J-B wrote: »
    15 years from now they will still be peddling out the weekly Carter secrets, just when we think we know every excruciating detail of their lives, Linda will sit Mick down and say: "Mick, it's about time I told you what I had for tea at my 9th birthday party", not realising that Shirley and her 7 secret children are sat there listening.

I'm sorry but, :D:D:D:D:D! Hahahaha, brilliant.:blush:
  • Options
    _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    I think you might be right, this was my initial thought. I immediately thought something was up when Mick mentioned the births of Nancy and Johnny but not Lee and then again when Stan and Linda were talking about her pregnancy last week and she used the line: 'You think I tricked him, Mick wanted a family'...

I didn't notice Linda saying that but yes, the 'You think I tricked him' definitely suggests that something is amiss.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't notice Linda saying that but yes, the 'You think I tricked him' definitely suggests that something is amiss.

I think it was something like that, well, words to that effect because I remember thinking that it was an unusual thing to say.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 199
    Forum Member

I was thinking Nancy, but I think you're on the money there!
  • Options
    ImOnlyWeeImOnlyWee Posts: 11,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It probably won't be about Nancy, they don't want to give her a storyline. :p
  • Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    On the cover of one of the tv magazines there was a bit saying that Linda is pregnant.

We really can't have another child whose father isn't who he thinks he is because that has been done to death.
  • Options
    KymberlyKymberly Posts: 763
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not too sure how likely this could be, and not too sure if Eastenders would even do this. What if they made the same man who got Shirley pregnant when she had Mick, the same man who got Linda pregnant when she had Lee.
  • Options
    basdfgbasdfg Posts: 6,764
    Forum Member
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    But that would imply that Mick dosent know he is not Lee's dad so wouldn't forget his birth. And it's a secret that would destroy them for ever.
    Anyway he was defentley Involved with Linda before the birth so would at least consider it the birth of his son even if he knew he was not the bio father.
  • Options
    H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When they don't know what to do with a family, just chuck in another secret which will be followed by shifty looks between them all, a big reveal, drama then calm. Can't think of any storyline, lets throw in another secret. This will go on until Lucy's murderer is found.