Andonella over Marisa?

2»

Comments

• Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dark 1 wrote:
    probably the most jaw-droppingly gorgeous looking thing ever to appear on American Idol.

Do you really think so? I am a female with no ambitions to bat for the same team but I thought Katherine McPhee was stunning.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,471
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe that Marisa didn't get through!

I understand why Antonella did, and if you look at it as a decision between just those two then Antonella is more commercial. But, they showed a number of average auditions for some of the other girls that got through, with a very good one from Marisa and Simon saying she was the best they'd heard that day.

They clearly just happened to be the last two left, but I think Marisa should have gone through in place of one of the others.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 291
    Forum Member
    kyri wrote:
    That boy who looks like Mowgli from The Jungle Book? :confused:

LOL :D

Do you mean Sanjaya?

http://www.americanidol.com/contestants/season6/sanjaya_malakar/
  • Options
    Slainte MhathSlainte Mhath Posts: 340
    Forum Member
    The whole weepy thing generally spells trouble for someone trying to make it in such a hard nosed business, which is why, I think, Cowell is never going to put through anyone to the live show stage who looks like there'll be a good chance that they'll crumble in the harsh glare of the spot light.

Mind you, I wouldn't have put Antonella through at all, but then I don't find the massive teeth and chipmunk cheeks appealing in the slightest (she has that kind of mean cheerleader faces that I find really off-putting) and she's hardly blessed with much in the way of stage presence or a great voice.
  • Options
    Chief_WahooChief_Wahoo Posts: 1,454
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't believe that she didn't get through.She had a unique husky voice,unlike most of the Mariah/Christina diva clones that made it through.

I really couldn't remember most of them from their first auditions,even if they were shown.A lot of the ones that stood out for me in the auditions didn't even make it through.

I thought it was going to be an amazing final 12 but now most of them seem totally ordinary.Hopefully a few will grow on me over the coming weeks,but at the moment I am stunned at some of the judging. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't thin antonella has a great voice at all, but i think she would be a successful model! it's obvious simon and randy fancy her though..
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    LinziP123 wrote:
    I don't thin antonella has a great voice at all, but i think she would be a successful model! it's obvious simon and randy fancy her though..
    She certainly seems to be Simon's type anyway - in fact so do a lot of the girls who have gotten through - as someone else said lots of slim Latino looking girls. Very pretty but I can barely work out who is who!
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    I really fancy Antonella so I'm rooting for her!

Actually, Antonella is the first ever American Idol (top 12 girls) finalist that I really fancy. I'll be gutted when she goes home :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 108
    Forum Member
    SLEETKIN wrote:
    its not just about singing though... its also about stage presence and image and Antonella has it .
    Spot on :)
    Antonella to win!!!
  • Options
    Nurse BettyNurse Betty Posts: 1,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ella Nut wrote:
    No wonder Marisa was so shocked. Clearly the better singer by a million miles, yet Andonella got through despite barely remembering one word of her lyrics. But then again Andonella was taller and possibly better looking so obviously she had the better credentials. Did I hear Randy say to Marisa she was world class yet she didn't make it? Was she too good or something??

I don't agree that Antonella is prettier.

As for being taller, so what? She's actually quite lanky.

Marisa is far more attractive all round and way way way the better singer.

galena wrote:
    Am I the only one who thinks Marissa is actually the prettier of the two? I don't find Antonella with her mean little face and over the top makeup all that attractive, but then I guess these things are subjective ...

No, not at all.

She looks like Sofia Coppola. Hardly a beauty.

SteveOwen wrote:
    Do you really think so? I am a female with no ambitions to bat for the same team but I thought Katherine McPhee was stunning.

I agree. Katharine is a genuinely stunning, naturally beautiful girl. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler and the very tall girl from last year whose name was something like Ailsa, to name a few, are all better looking than the horse-faced Antonella.

Jaxxfan wrote:
    Marisa is by far the better singer and I was shocked that she didn't get through. However, I think it may be down to her personality. She's very weepy and a bit high maintenance and she doesn't have that likeability factor. It's a bit like Leona and Nikita making the final of X Factor and not Gemma - she just didn't have that people appeal.

Simon didn't put Gemma through for one reason and one reason only. She was clearly a better singer than Leona and therefore an obvious threat but Simon had practically promised his American cronies a Leona victory.
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member

No, not at all.

I agree. Katharine is a genuinely stunning, naturally beautiful girl. Carrie Underwood, Kellie Pickler and the very tall girl from last year whose name was something like Ailsa, to name a few, are all better looking than the horse-faced Antonella.

Simon didn't put Gemma through for one reason and one reason only. She was clearly a better singer than Leona and therefore an obvious threat but Simon had practically promised his American cronies a Leona victory.
    You know I'm beginning to wonder if the same thing is going on here - Bayley, Jori, Marissa all gone - Simon clearly is getting rid of anyone female who could be seen as serious competion for Leona as she tries to make it in the States - my guess is he's looking for a male winner this year ...
  • Options
    Miss HavershamMiss Haversham Posts: 877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah - the choices for the last male and female places looked a little suspect - triumph of 'potential appealability' over talent, however, I reckon it won't be the last we see of the two who didn't make it, half way through season probably see a 'wild card' round and lo and behold these two get ressurected - just an idea, but one we have seen before!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, not at all.

Did you even watch the X factor! :eek:. Gemma was awful at the Judges home stage! Better singer my ****.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The whole weepy thing generally spells trouble for someone trying to make it in such a hard nosed business, which is why, I think, Cowell is never going to put through anyone to the live show stage who looks like there'll be a good chance that they'll crumble in the harsh glare of the spot light.

Mind you, I wouldn't have put Antonella through at all, but then I don't find the massive teeth and chipmunk cheeks appealing in the slightest (she has that kind of mean cheerleader faces that I find really off-putting) and she's hardly blessed with much in the way of stage presence or a great voice.

I think this is pretty harsh to say about Antonella, its really personal, why would you feel the need to slag her off so much? she cant help her apperance, would like to see if you are any oil painting. Oh, and just for the record I think Antonella is a very attractive young woman.
  • Options
    Grand DizzyGrand Dizzy Posts: 7,369
    Forum Member
    Antonella is hands down the best looking Idol finalist in my opinion.
  • Options
    domedome Posts: 55,878
    Forum Member
    She'll be out before next week, if the latest pics that have surfaced are to be believed.
  • Options
    NightHawk123NightHawk123 Posts: 7,015
    Forum Member
    dome wrote:
    She'll be out before next week, if the latest pics that have surfaced are to be believed.

Agreed. She probably only stayed in this week due to being the best looking girl but her performance was shocking.
  • Options
    Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,016
    Forum Member

I was being sarcastic. Perhaps I should have inserted a rolls eyes icon to emphasise that. It was obvious that she got through purely on her looks. Antonella was the worst of the girls, hands down and her atttitude matched her performance. My guess is not very many people have told her she isn't very good in her life.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,032
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antonella is fit
  • Options
    lalalala Posts: 21,175
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antonella comes across as an arrogant little madam most of the time. Especially in the Hollywood rounds, with her slutty friend.

Typical American bimbo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Are pop stars like Britney Spears and Jessica Simpson really famous for their voices? You don't need to have a great voice to be a pop star. You just need to have an image that sells. Antonella has a lot of fans already.
    galena wrote:
    She certainly seems to be Simon's type anyway - in fact so do a lot of the girls who have gotten through - as someone else said lots of slim Latino looking girls.

It wouldn't be the first time men tried to keep around a girl they fancied for as long as possible!

And Antonella is Italian-American.