Options

iTouch iPod: Can't connect to WiFi... HELP!

marcouk76marcouk76 Posts: 1,019
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I just got my new iTouch.

I managed to connect to my home router and if I click on "Settings" beside WiFi it reads the name of my router (as opposed to "not connected").

When I go to Safari though and try to connect to Google or Apple.com or any other webpage it says "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server".

Frustrated I went to a coffee shop that has open and free Wifi access and tried there. The iPod showed again as being connected to the coffee shop's network but I couldn't get to load any webpage as it kept saying the same message: "Safari can't open the page because it can't find the server".

Does anyone knows what am I doing wrong???

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has the network got a tick next to it showing as connected?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Assuming you have entered the wifi password correctly, are you sure your home router is not filtering MAC addresses in which case you'll need to enter your Touch's MAC address in the router config.

I've found the wifi works great on mine.

When you open Safari without going to the settings first then does it ask you for the wifi password? It should do if the network is encrypted (as opposed to MAC filtering).
  • Options
    marcouk76marcouk76 Posts: 1,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many thanks for all your replies...

When I almost made peace with going to the Apple Store in Regent Street tomorrow, I have tried one last thing... AND IT WORKED!

I have resetted the Network Settings as suggested on the Apple Support website and it just did the trick!

So if anyone else experience the same kind of issue, try it out!

Reset network settings
    Choose General > Reset and tap Reset Network Settings.
    When you reset network settings, your list of previously used networks is removed. Wi-
    Fi is turned off and then back on (disconnecting you from any network you’re on), and
    the “Ask to Join Networks” setting is turned on.

It works a treat now!!!