Need a new console – PS3 or wait to buy the PS4/Xbox One

2»

Comments

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. You can always spot someone who hasn't even played the game when they come out with rubbish like this. :rolleyes:

I've was totally blown away when I 1st played Killzone & Resistance on the PS3 ... But I guess everyone's different!!! :o
  • Green_StampGreen_Stamp Posts: 507
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SimonB79 wrote: »
    I've was totally blown away when I 1st played Killzone & Resistance on the PS3 ... But I guess everyone's different!!! :o

The Resistance series is possibly the most underrated of this gen.

2 was lacking in what the first brought, but 3 was magnificent.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    The Resistance series is possibly the most underrated of this gen.

2 was lacking in what the first brought, but 3 was magnificent.

2 Was a bit so... but 3 is amazing and FOM was very good.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Jon79 wrote: »
    Killzone and Resistence are generic shooters at best, devoid of anything new and interesting. Ratchet is a kids game and tbh i'm not too sure what LBP is but it doesn't feel much like a game to me but rather a dev tool for those who like to create stuff. Not for me. The GT games are so mind numbingly boring and simplistic ( physics wise) that its hard to believe that people lap it up. I play 10 year old racing games on PC that are more sophisticated in every aspect. Anyway, just my opinion. I just don't like seeing what I feel is wrong advice given out by gamers who are too easily pleased. Yes, the PS3 is worth owning but only for a select few exclusives.

I find KZ has a different tone to a lot of shooters, it feels heavy for a start, a very good back story which to be honest they need to bring to the fore more in the games. Some of the best guns in shooters, MP is very well balanced and 3 proved that motion controlled shooters can work VERY WELL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Ratchet is a kids game and tbh i'm not too sure what LBP is but it doesn't feel much like a game to me but rather a dev tool for those who like to create stuff.

A kid's game??!! Wha...?

A "dev tool"???

Well if they are those things I don't care. Count me as a certified Ratchet and Clank fan, and LBP is all kinds of awesome.
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear. You can always spot someone who hasn't even played the game when they come out with rubbish like this. :rolleyes:

Wait, so because I have a different opinion to you means I never played said game? I can assure you I played killzone 2 from start to finish and upon completion the best thing about the game was the graphics, everything else was forgettable and had been done a million times before. Resistance 2 came with my PS3 and was the first game i played. I made it half way thru before I literally became depressed with the awful characters, dialogue and terrible story but hey, its just like, my opinion, man.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wait, so because I have a different opinion to you means I never played said game? I can assure you I played killzone 2 from start to finish and upon completion the best thing about the game was the graphics, everything else was forgettable and had been done a million times before. Resistance 2 came with my PS3 and was the first game i played. I made it half way thru before I literally became depressed with the awful characters, dialogue and terrible story but hey, its just like, my opinion, man.

So you've played one, a bit of another and seriously expect people to give consideration to your unqualified opinion on two series that consist of multiple games?
  • ScooterwolfScooterwolf Posts: 2,645
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really enjoyed Resistance FOM, introduced me to online gaming had lots of fun sniping off Manchester Cathedral. Resistance 2 was quite decent too, had lots of nice little tributes to various 80s sci-fi films along the way. Killzone 2 I wasn't that thrilled with to be honest.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So you've played one, a bit of another and seriously expect people to give consideration to your unqualified opinion on two series that consist of multiple games?

We're talking about PS3 so it starts with Killzone 2 and as i said i wasn't impressed. Killzone 3 wasn't as well received as the second one so other than playing the demo to marvel at graphics it would have been a waste of time to go any further. Same applies to the Resistance, and yes playing half-way through a game is enough to judge whether its decent or not. You obviously fall under the category of those who are easily impressed and will play any old rubbish(or just poor taste). Anyway, since it's obvious you're trying to get a rise out of me I won't be responding anymore. Remember, it doesn't matter what other people think, as long as you enjoy the game you are playing.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't see how you expect to be taken seriously when you hold such narrow minded and insular views regarding the little experience you've had with both series.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ratchet is a kids game

Explain.

Ratchet is great fun and if you cant see past the graphical presentation that's you problem not the games.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I just don't see how you expect to be taken seriously when you hold such narrow minded and insular views regarding the little experience you've had with both series.

I totally agree with you on this one.

Everyone is allowed their own views but you cannot make "blanket judgement" of a series when you havent actually played them.

Killzone 3 is still my favorite of the (PS3) series so far with a good mix of intense action and solid storyline but I still have a soft spot for Killzone 2 as its the most COD like in its game play.

If Killzone franchise is such a lost cause why is it not only on the VITA but also a launch title on the PS4!

Resistance series is way under rated and I sincerely hope that when the game streaming service is set up for the PS4, these game will find a new audience which in tun will (with a bit of luck) get a new game made.(biggest mistake was taking Resistance out of the UK, but thats just my view)

Little Big Planet whilst not being my type of game is without a doubt one of the highlights of the PS3 era, the same can be said for Rachet and Clank which are surprisingly fun and action packed.

If your going to have a closed mind then your only cheating yourself and missing out on some amazing games.
  • ritchritch Posts: 2,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

but hey, its just like, a rubbish opinion, man
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ritch wrote: »
    but hey, its just like, a rubbish opinion, man

This is the greatest response to post ever!
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Wait and buy a PS4 or Xbox One. I wouldn't bother spending money on a console right at the end of its life. The PS4 will have greatly improved graphics so it's worth holding out a few more weeks for.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20
    Forum Member
    Ænima wrote: »
    Wait and buy a PS4 or Xbox One. I wouldn't bother spending money on a console right at the end of its life. The PS4 will have greatly improved graphics so it's worth holding out a few more weeks for.

Out of all the people I have spoke to about this, your the only one to suggest to wait and buy the next gen console.

Don't mean to be critical and I appreciate your input. However, after hearing the opposite advice from so many people, I find it hard to make sense of investing all that money in a next gen console that hasn't got a well established AAA game titles. Furthermore, the PS3/Xbox will be cheap as chips come November.
  • ÆnimaÆnima Posts: 38,548
    Forum Member
    Out of all the people I have spoke to about this, your the only one to suggest to wait and buy the next gen console.

Don't mean to be critical and I appreciate your input. However, after hearing the opposite advice from so many people, I find it hard to make sense of investing all that money in a next gen console that hasn't got a well established AAA game titles. Furthermore, the PS3/Xbox will be cheap as chips come November.

Ok, I understand that, ultimetely it is your decision, I just don't want you to kick yourself in a few months when all the buzz is on the new consoles. I don't think it'll take long before some great games are released. I've seen some amazing footage of some next gen games that look amazing. I'll probably be picking up a One myself, with Forza 5, though it is true the current gen had some fantastic games like The Mass Effect trilogy, The Last of Us, Forza, Halo, Fallout, GTA5 etc... but I think a lot of people will start to shift to the new consoles by the middle of next year, and games developers will also. There'll be a few releases for the PS3 and 360, but the focus will be on the new generation in my opinion. Perhaps if you waited anyway, you would get a really cheap PS3. They're bound to slash prices when the PS4 is out, or if you biy second hand, you will get a good deal as loads of people sell their PS3's to go towards their PS4 fund :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've just posted this in another thread, but it seems more relevant here:

Argos are doing a PS3 bundle with The Last of Us and GTA V for £199.99.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    Just get a PS3. It has the games. You can't play PS3 Games on a PS4. There won't be much choice for games and it is a tad pointless buying a next-gen console on release. Buy a PS3, Buy all the amazing games that has been released for it. Then wait for the PS4 to grow.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ænima wrote: »
    Ok, I understand that, ultimetely it is your decision, I just don't want you to kick yourself in a few months when all the buzz is on the new consoles. I don't think it'll take long before some great games are released. I've seen some amazing footage of some next gen games that look amazing. I'll probably be picking up a One myself, with Forza 5, though it is true the current gen had some fantastic games like The Mass Effect trilogy, The Last of Us, Forza, Halo, Fallout, GTA5 etc... but I think a lot of people will start to shift to the new consoles by the middle of next year, and games developers will also. There'll be a few releases for the PS3 and 360, but the focus will be on the new generation in my opinion. Perhaps if you waited anyway, you would get a really cheap PS3. They're bound to slash prices when the PS4 is out, or if you biy second hand, you will get a good deal as loads of people sell their PS3's to go towards their PS4 fund :p

Your absolutely correct, as developers change their focus from current gen to next gen, all the goodies and features will end up on next gen.

Think of it this way, Fifa 13 was available on ps2 & ps3 but it was the ps3 version that got all the best features while the ps2 was a bog standard release...which are you going to be happy playing in 12/24 months..the full fat version of a game or the stripped down budget (but not that much cheaper) game.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hotbird wrote: »
    Explain.

Ratchet is great fun and if you cant see past the graphical presentation that's you problem not the games.

Oh i'm sure it's fun but I'm partial to more mature content. Comes with age I suppose.

Sorry if I helped derail this thread. To stay on topic I think xmas 2014 is a great time to jump into next gen. A console is nothing without great games and it will take a year of two for a few classics to surface. Until then there's no point really unless you having nothing else to spend your hard earned money on.

So, to answer the question i would buy a PS3 asap and spend the next year playing the heck out of it.
  • Dan27Dan27 Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member

That is a really, really good bundle.
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh i'm sure it's fun but I'm partial to more mature content. Comes with age I suppose.

So you don't like a game because it isn't full of Violence, Guns and Swearing. How mature of you :rolleyes:
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Now that’s a good bundle, hours of entertainment right there.

If I was the OP I’d snatch this up, once complete move on to the Uncharted series.
  • jim_ukjim_uk Posts: 13,280
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The PS3 has enough titles to last you a few years, by then the PS4 will not only have built up a decent library it may well have come down in price too.