Mia Farrow admits her son might be Frank Sinatra's

Comments

• BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member
    Good looking man and obviously Frank's son. Those blue eyes and the bone structure are Frank's.
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She must know in her own mind, but it seems a cheap tactic using her son's paternity so publically in order to take a shot at Allen.

The son has a look of Mia in her youth, but there's definitely more Sinatra than Allen going on there.
  • kimindexkimindex Posts: 68,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Woody Allen's spokesman says idea is absurd:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-24379383
    The claims are "so fictitious and extravagantly absurd that he is not going to comment," said his spokesman.

In the Mail article, it says:
    When Vanity Fair asked Sinatra's daughter about Ronan being treated as if he were a member of her family, Nancy Sinatra Jr told them: 'He is a big part of us, and we are blessed to have him in our lives.
    In the BBC article, it says:
    Farrow's admission to Vanity Fair that Ronan may possibly have been fathered by ex-husband Frank Sinatra has also been rubbished by the singer's widow.
    "It's just a bunch of junk," Barbara Sinatra told the Desert Sun newspaper.
    I guess the family members don't see it the same way, maybe.

Looking at the photos, I'd bet on Frank being his father, if I had to.
  • Susie_WilcoxSusie_Wilcox Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't believe Sinatra is her son's father. She looked a lot like Sinatra herself when she was younger and I think he simply takes after her. True Allen has not had any children with Soon-Yi but Farrow claimed years ago that a certain part of Allen's anatomy always required a lot of work to elicit even a slight response:cool:...maybe she used donor sperm for Axel/Ronan:rolleyes: but I dont believe he is Sinatra's kid. Sinatra held strongly to family values and I doubt he'd have given Mia one behind his wife's back. Frankie was not in the best of health in the final years of his life don't forget.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't believe Sinatra is her son's father. She looked a lot like Sinatra herself when she was younger and I think he simply takes after her. True Allen has not had any children with Soon-Yi but Farrow claimed years ago that a certain part of Allen's anatomy always required a lot of work to elicit even a slight response:cool:...maybe she used donor sperm for Axel/Ronan:rolleyes: but I dont believe he is Sinatra's kid. Sinatra held strongly to family values and I doubt he'd have given Mia one behind his wife's back. Frankie was not in the best of health in the final years of his life don't forget.
    He may have professed that but didn't practice it from what I've read. Ronan was born in 1987 and Sinatra was still well enough to do some work, dying 11 years later.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=frank+sinatra+1987&newwindow=1&client=firefox&hs=4zk&rls=com.yahoo:en-GB:official&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=YHhNUsGVCZSQ0QW6hIHoCA&ved=0CFwQsAQ&biw=1600&bih=702&dpr=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XQ7ehY3-VLU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ks2DBekL3hU
  • BathshebaBathsheba Posts: 6,654
    Forum Member

You really can't see the resemblance? It's really clear to me.

I don't think family values meant much to Sinatra. He was a well known philanderer.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bathsheba wrote: »
    You really can't see the resemblance? It's really clear to me.

I don't think family values meant much to Sinatra. He was a well known philanderer.

Exactly.

As allegedly his ''family values'' extended to the Mafia, he wasn't that great a human being.
  • misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sinatra held strongly to family values and I doubt he'd have given Mia one behind his wife's back. Frankie was not in the best of health in the final years of his life don't forget.

Family values? Sinatra?!
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BinCat wrote: »
    He's obviously his son, but Sinatra must have been pretty old when he fathered him. Was she having an affair with him all the time she was with Allen then I wonder?

This is the puzzling part. She must have resumed relations with Sinatra when she was living with Woody Allen.

If this is the case then you can see why Woody Allen might feel a little aggrieved after all he thought the child was his son. Then Farrow was really vitriolic about him leaving her and going off with her adopted daughter. This shows that Farrow herself was not the blameless victim she portrayed herself to be in the press.
  • scatcatcathyscatcatcathy Posts: 2,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Might be:-D The top half of his face is the spit of Frank Sinatra.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    haphash wrote: »
    This is the puzzling part. She must have resumed relations with Sinatra when she was living with Woody Allen.

If this is the case then you can see why Woody Allen might feel a little aggrieved after all he thought the child was his son. Then Farrow was really vitriolic about him leaving her and going off with her adopted daughter. This shows that Farrow herself was not the blameless victim she portrayed herself to be in the press.
    I think you'd be entitled to be vitriolic about that circumstance, regardless of not being a saint yourself. it's not a trade-off.
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,265
    Forum Member
    Family values? Sinatra?!

I'd say he had more than Allen's warped sense of family.
  • bookaddictbookaddict Posts: 2,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:eek: Don't get me wrong, I adore Frank, but he was VERY much a philanderer. I have no trouble believing he might have cheated on Barbara with Mia.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    kimindex wrote: »
    I think you'd be entitled to be vitriolic about that circumstance, regardless of not being a saint yourself. it's not a trade-off.

Why now, though? After all these years? I totally understand her being angry and vitriolic at the time, but there's no excuse to still be at it, and using her son as well. Not to mention the upset caused to Sinatra's widow. What did she ever do to Mia to deserve that? Personally, I think Mia is unstable and she's dragged her kids into the whole sorry mess, which is unforgivable.
  • Brighton BhelleBrighton Bhelle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    Why now, though? After all these years? I totally understand her being angry and vitriolic at the time, but there's no excuse to still be at it, and using her son as well. Not to mention the upset caused to Sinatra's widow. What did she ever do to Mia to deserve that? Personally, I think Mia is unstable and she's dragged her kids into the whole sorry mess, which is unforgivable.

Between her and Woody Allen I think there's a hell of a lot of psychological problems. With Mia, in real life it's her penchant for adopting lots of orphans and with Woody it comes out in in his films which usually feature him as a neurotic nerd who usually has some kind of sexual and emotional problems.

Very strange couple. Not surprising they gravitated towards each other.
  • missfrankiecatmissfrankiecat Posts: 8,388
    Forum Member
    She is either bonkers or a very wicked woman. Allen's relationship with Soon-Yi Previn was tacky and distasteful, primarily because of the enormous age gap and her youth when it started - but at least it has stood the test of time. He married her and they've been together 15 years or so. And it was never incestuous. He never lived with Mia - famously they lived on opposite sides of Central Park. Soon-Yi's adoptive father was Andre Previn. Mia Farrow deliberately ramped up the incestuous overtones by saying that Soon-Yi was the sister of Allen's son - if what she says now is true, her son was as unrelated to Allen (who was being actively deceived by her) as Soon-Yi was. And what are we supposed to make of Sinatra who was very vocal in his support of Farrow when the Soon-Yi scandal broke when apparently he was a duplicitous as her? And her perjured testimony in several court cases?
  • haphashhaphash Posts: 21,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well maybe but frankly its just as bad having a child by another man and telling your husband it is his child.

I presume this is the child named Satchell at birth? Can't blame him for changing his name if so !!!
  • jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well maybe but frankly its just as bad having a child by another man and telling your husband it is his child.

I presume this is the child named Satchell at birth? Can't blame him for changing his name if so !!!
    After Satchell Mouth- Satch' Mo' = Louis Armstrong
  • tommytigertommytiger Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    I admit to boil in the bag beef and onions.

Don't you dare grass on me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Whenever I read about Mia I think of this song by Dory Previn which she wrote about her, allegedly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PxciyQAglE
  • Sara WebbSara Webb Posts: 7,885
    Forum Member
    Regardless of parentage, he is divine!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Both are terrible but I think going off with a child of the family eclipses that.
  • johartukjohartuk Posts: 11,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Both are terrible but I think going off with a child of the family eclipses that.

The point is that Mia was playing the innocent, injured party even though she had also been unfaithful and was passing off her son as Woody Allen's, while knowing full well that another man could be the father. Which begs the question - if she and Allen hadn't split up, would she still be passing off her son as his?
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've changed my mind on this. Looking at her son's face very closely again, I can see Mia's features. He's got her eyes and her nose. I don't actually think he's got Sinatra's looks now. I must have just looked quickish before I made the last post in this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    johartuk wrote: »
    The point is that Mia was playing the innocent, injured party even though she had also been unfaithful and was passing off her son as Woody Allen's, while knowing full well that another man could be the father. Which begs the question - if she and Allen hadn't split up, would she still be passing off her son as his?
    That is your point, not the point and not what I was addressing. Which originally was specifically that anyone was entitled to be vitriolic about Woody Allen's conduct with a child of the family, regardless of their own faults.