Comments

• barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    anybody LOL
  • candyfloss2000candyfloss2000 Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If im in. I will. Nigella is a ridiculous specimen who annoys me as much as she indulges that part of me I can't put my finger on. Her big ears for starters. Why doesn't she show them off?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I usually find Anthony Bourdain a pretentious bore. Hopefully he won't be the same on this show.
  • barcajadenbarcajaden Posts: 1,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the american version got slated

many hated the format....maybe they tweaked things?
  • jazzyjazzyjazzyjazzy Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - No and no again. She has never been more than a "brand" and would never watch her so called cooking show - a front to make lots of money for her and production company well before all the trial stuff. She would not know one end of one veg from another unless the producer told her where it was.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,836
    Forum Member
    I usually find Anthony Bourdain a pretentious bore. Hopefully he won't be the same on this show.

Pretentious is the last word i'd use to describe Bourdain personally.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »
    No - No and no again. She has never been more than a "brand" and would never watch her so called cooking show - a front to make lots of money for her and production company well before all the trial stuff. She would not know one end of one veg from another unless the producer told her where it was.

That's very harsh! I agree that she has become a parody of herself, but she is a reasonable cookery writer.

She first appeared as a "guest" on Nigel Slater's cookery programme on C4 and shortly after C4 started filming her own series. From the sequence of events there I think they saw someone with the potential for TV and approached her rather than the other way round.
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And this programme looks like C4 buying in an American format that cribbed from Masterchef but with Heston-size portions...
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    'The Taste'?! Even the name puts me off. How pretentious. Why are food shows presented in such a serious manner?! In the words of Chef Gusteau "Anyone can cook".
    Forum Member
    JimothyD wrote: »
    'The Taste'?! Even the name puts me off. How pretentious. Why are food shows presented in such a serious manner?! In the words of Chef Gusteau "Anyone can cook".

Yes, anyone can cook, in the same way that anyone can sing or play football. But to do it well is another thing.
  • JimothyDJimothyD Posts: 8,868
    Forum Member
    Yes, anyone can cook, in the same way that anyone can sing or play football. But to do it well is another thing.

You miss the point. The brain surgery-serious nature of things like this and Gordon Ramsey acting like a God is simply ridiculous.
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    JPB2 wrote: »
    That's very harsh! I agree that she has become a parody of herself, but she is a reasonable cookery writer.

She first appeared as a "guest" on Nigel Slater's cookery programme on C4 and shortly after C4 started filming her own series. From the sequence of events there I think they saw someone with the potential for TV and approached her rather than the other way round.

Yes and I think she was a bit reticent to do her own show but her then husband (Jon Diamond) persuaded her that she'd be good, iirc.
    Forum Member
    You miss the point. The brain surgery-serious nature of things like this and Gordon Ramsey acting like a God is simply ridiculous.

No i think you're missing the point.

Who is Gordon Ramsey anyway?
  • newkid30newkid30 Posts: 7,797
    Forum Member
    I am interested to see what it is like as I enjoy cookery shows and I like Nigella, I felt sorry for her in the recent court case. :)
  • ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,961
    Forum Member
    You miss the point. The brain surgery-serious nature of things like this and Gordon RamsAy acting like a God is simply ridiculous.

There you go, sorted that out for you :p;-):D
  • jazzyjakejazzyjake Posts: 1,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    starts soon
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Posts: 2,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can anyone see this being anything other than a complete and utter flop?

The whole premise of the show sounds ridiculous and this is from someone who normally enjoys food shows
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

The whole premise of the show sounds ridiculous and this is from someone who normally enjoys food shows

It's a hit in America so they probably thought it would do just as well over here.
  • TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've read the premise, I have to say that CH4 is probably the most shallow and empty broadcaster in the UK right now. And probably of all time.

All they wish to get is ratings. Pseudo PSB programming is what they do. Trash with a slightly upmarket veneer.
  • jimbo1962jimbo1962 Posts: 2,552
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .....just what the schedules needed.
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member

It's a hit in America so they probably thought it would do just as well over here.
    Iron Chef is a hit in America. The British version was pulled during the first series.

I thought of giving this a go because of Bourdain. I'm not a fan of Lawson and have never heard of the other chef. Plus I don't really like cooking competitions. The only one I really watch is GBM, which is contested by top chefs.

I have watched Chopped before and it's quite comical with some of the ingredients they have to use. I'm sure there must be many outtakes with the judges spitting out food :D
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If im in. I will. Nigella is a ridiculous specimen who annoys me as much as she indulges that part of me I can't put my finger on. Her big ears for starters. Why doesn't she show them off?

Where on earth did you get this idea from?
  • 1fab1fab Posts: 20,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jazzyjazzy wrote: »

Have you read any of her books? If not, you're not really qualified to say such a thing.
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    Evening!