Innovative and creative. Wonderful.
  • eXOBeXeXOBeX Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Looks like he was dumb after all :)

I enjoyed that!
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    surely people expected the cleaner was dodgy. the guy noticing the girl in the cupboard was funny
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was fantastic, really enjoyed it. Loved these two in Psychoville but really liking this series too so far :)
  • 21stCenturyBoy21stCenturyBoy Posts: 44,506
    Forum Member
    Another fantastic episode.

I knew the cleaner had to be part of the twist but I wasn't expecting it to be quite so sudden. Wonderful.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    So enjoyed 2nd episode of Inside No 9 tonight, then I notice comedy actor playing "Deaf and Dumb" Salesman on it, he couldn't signing, thought I knew many Deaf actors can do that then didn't expected that ending!
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't quite get the ending to be honest. Who was the guy pretending to be the door-to-door salesman?

It had its moments, but I preferred last week's ep. I guess silent comedy isn't really my thing though.
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Brilliant.
  • Brian ReynoldsBrian Reynolds Posts: 1,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite enjoyable and certainly different. Couldn't work out why anyone would steal a painting that was just a blank sheet of paper - or was that the joke?
  • hunter23hunter23 Posts: 3,097
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drykid wrote: »
    Didn't quite get the ending to be honest. Who was the guy pretending to be the door-to-door salesman?

It had its moments, but I preferred last week's ep. I guess silent comedy isn't really my thing though.

the ending was a bit disappointing wasn't it? the cleaner robbed the painting thing well the towels they replaced it with. the real one landed in the pool.
  • cuzacuza Posts: 1,745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoyed I. I love those guys.

I laughed at Reece under the bed with the blow up doll.

I didn't expect the killings but with those two we should probably expect the unexpected.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    Many great moments I did burst out laughs likes;

Large dog.

Twist in the bathroom.

Chilli peppers.
  • si29uksi29uk Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is a potentially award-winning show.

The writing is very, very clever indeed.

Much impressed!
  • saralundsaralund Posts: 3,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quite enjoyable and certainly different. Couldn't work out why anyone would steal a painting that was just a blank sheet of paper - or was that the joke?

I think it was supposed to be one of those 'white' paintings like the one that featured in the play 'Art', or something like this: http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/li-monochrome-white-painting-t11871
  • emma555emma555 Posts: 5,268
    Forum Member
    I loved the little dog sitting there ignoring the bread. Not bad at all, some nice twists and turns.
  • TributeTribute Posts: 820
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I enjoyed it, though I preferred last weeks episode. For me I have akways loved the brilliantly written dialogue of the LoG and it's members, so obviously missed that this time.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    saralund wrote: »
    I think it was supposed to be one of those 'white' paintings like the one that featured in the play 'Art', or something like this: http://www.tate.org.uk/art/artworks/li-monochrome-white-painting-t11871

Funnily enough, Reece and Steve were in 'Art' a few years ago, with Mark Gatiss. :)

This was like a silent, more serious episode of Chucklevision. i.e. utterly brilliant! :D

When you think you've seen it all from Reece and Steve, think again. I can't wait for the next one.
  • RichardcoulterRichardcoulter Posts: 30,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    drykid wrote: »

It's not mine either, I didn't enjoy this episode at all.
  • BellaRosaBellaRosa Posts: 36,544
    Forum Member
    That had to be the most stupid childish episode....... But I loved it :D So did my dog she was transfixed :blush:

I didn't get the end either. Who was that man :confused: But as it was farcical maybe you were not meant to.
  • CricketbladeCricketblade Posts: 2,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's to get? The deaf man wasn't death he was also trying to steal the art. However he took the replacement one they put up and the real one ended up in the pool. Very clearly played out!
  • drykiddrykid Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »
    the ending was a bit disappointing wasn't it? the cleaner robbed the painting thing well the towels they replaced it with. the real one landed in the pool.
    But from the phone call at the end it was implied that he was there to kill the other two burglars? If he was just there to steal the painting - and the other two were just an unexpected obstacle that he dealt with on the spot - then I can understand it.

I did find the thing about the painting confusing too, and where it ended up eventually. And what exactly was on the wall at the end.

I guess I didn't understand much at all :p
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    hunter23 wrote: »

Bangs head so violently against white wall, now have priceless, abstract red work.
  • MishcollMishcoll Posts: 12,797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thought this episode was brilliant, especially the bit with the dogs:D:D:D, better then last weeks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    si29uk wrote: »
    This is a potentially award-winning show.

The writing is very, very clever indeed.

It is very clever but unfortunately, it wasn't funny. I watched because it was, to me like car crash TV :(
  • Pop PrincessPop Princess Posts: 2,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lynwood3 wrote: »
    Bangs head so violently against white wall, now have priceless, abstract red work.
    Haha, indeed!

The ending was rather "Tales of the Unexpected" style with the wry twist.