Stealing pushchairs from airport

HotgossipHotgossip Posts: 22,385
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726776/Airport-pram-raiders-Passengers-gratitude-free-baby-buggies-terminal-strolling-scores-them.html

I think this is disgraceful. Then parents complain that places are not child friendly.
It would have been preferable for the airport to mark the items as belonging to Gatwick airport but some places genuinely do want to trust people. A large Co-op store opened near us and they provided 4 very nice wheelchairs but they didn't mark them either and when I suggested to the Manager that they should, as most other stores do, he said they worked on trust.

People will steal anything .... Even if it's screwed down! My friend owns a cafe and she regularly has toilet roll holders, coat hooks and towel rails unscrewed from the toilet walls.

When I helped in a charity shop we used to put things like vases of flowers in the changing rooms and they'd get pinched along with scarves which we provided so ladies wouldn't get makeup on items they were trying on.

Comments

• Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hotgossip wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2726776/Airport-pram-raiders-Passengers-gratitude-free-baby-buggies-terminal-strolling-scores-them.html

People will steal anything .... Even if it's screwed down! My friend owns a cafe and she regularly has toilet roll holders, coat hooks and towel rails unscrewed from the toilet walls.

You're so right!
    I recently bought a lovely galvanised bucket from the Pound store and it was stolen from my shed.
    My new bucket is now screwed down.
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    they need to fit them with those wheels that stop when you get to the exit, preferably with a massive siren and brian blessed shouting about being stolen.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The article contradicts itself on how many have been taken.

In the headline there are only 3 left, further down there are 5 left, then there a no figures to say how many have gone and finally only 'a handful' have been taken.
  • Frankie_LittleFrankie_Little Posts: 9,271
    Forum Member
    They need to tag them in some way, or get Mothercare to embellish them with Property of Gatwick Airport. That might just shame some people into handing them back.

Some people will steal anything though. My gran put a Sainsbury's carrier bag full of used cat litter by the front gate, before bringing the wheelie bin round from the back. When she came back to put the bag in the bin, it had vanished. She saw someone running up the street with it. Poor bugger, he obviously thought it was full of groceries, not cat shit.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    they need to fit them with those wheels that stop when you get to the exit, preferably with a massive siren and brian blessed shouting about being stolen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5HfDIwNI8w
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    They need to tag them in some way, or get Mothercare to embellish them with Property of Gatwick Airport. That might just shame some people into handing them back.

Some people will steal anything though. My gran put a Sainsbury's carrier bag full of used cat litter by the front gate, before bringing the wheelie bin round from the back. When she came back to put the bag in the bin, it had vanished. She saw someone running up the street with it. Poor bugger, he obviously thought it was full of groceries, not cat shit.

:D:D:

Some nice person nicked our buggy from a Sealife Centre years ago. Gits. >:(
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got it to shit loads of trouble the last time I stole a push chair..... It had a baby in it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I got it to shit loads of trouble the last time I stole a push chair..... It had a baby in it.

Did you return it?
    The pushchair I mean.
  • Fairyprincess0Fairyprincess0 Posts: 30,038
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Did you return it?
    The pushchair I mean.

I ended up having to change the baby..... I wanted a black one.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I ended up having to change the baby..... I wanted a black one.
    Very fashionable.
  • culturemancultureman Posts: 11,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well since Gatwick airport will have masses of cctv, images of those they accuse of pushchair thievery should be put in the public domain.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

I was in small kiosk within a supermarket today and some guy turned around to pay for something and when he turned back someone had took the 2 carrier bags of shopping out of his trolley, Must have had his back to it 30 seconds at most

Just disgusting, the people do not even know what they are stealing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »
    I was in small kiosk within a supermarket today and some guy turned around to pay for something and when he turned back someone had took the 2 carrier bags of shopping out of his trolley, Must have had his back to it 30 seconds at most

Just disgusting, the people do not even know what they are stealing
    Two bags out of a supermarket trolley?
    There's a very high chance they thought it was food.
  • rds60hrds60h Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well at Luton Airport they rob everyone who arrives at the terminal by car !!!
    Because you have to pay £2 to leave the drop off zone, stop anywhere else and a camera car records it and you receive a parking fine.
    Even the taxis have to pay £2 to drop off passengers, so it would make a change there if it was someone ripping off the airport.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,899
    Forum Member
    I've noticed that some people steal supermarket trollies and either use them to just go for a ride/play or just dump them on the road. :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    people have also been known to steel wheelchairs

Someone ran off with my mothers wheelchair two years ago.
    The police weren't interested.
    We have no idea where she is now.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

seriously, or was that an attempt at a joke
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, that depends on you Steve.

Edit: ah, you changed your post from "Is that supposed to be funny?"
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member

Well...I found it funny :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well...I found it funny :D
    It's not as bad as it seems.
    I'm collecting her pension :)
  • Kiko H FanKiko H Fan Posts: 6,546
    Forum Member

You can pick up her prescriptions too, then sell the pills to schoolkids.
    You'll make a few quid and the kids won't worry about constipation any more. :)
  • annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member

:D:D:D:D