Congratulations to them.
  • Laura1981Laura1981 Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Many congrats to them.
  • FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww! Congratulations to the O'Dowds.

I wonder if Dawn will be going down the vintage maternity fashion route, imagine her wearing a Princess Di 80s style maternity dress with wide collars...:D
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    He comes across as a very likeable guy, Pleased for him and his wife

Doesn't he just, one of my fave celebs/actors, just seems a really lovely & funny man, Dawn seems nice too. Aww congrats to them both:)
  • CaminoCamino Posts: 13,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    heavily pregnant? how far gone is she?
  • Sorcha_27Sorcha_27 Posts: 138,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    They're both lovely. Love Chris especially
  • Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    I must be in the minority here because I find them both really smug
  • SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member

Don't see that - he is funny and talented, she is VERY pretty and talented. As celebs go, very likeable I would say.
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Unbearably so!
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Unbearably so!

Thank you!
  • DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Satnavvy wrote: »
    Don't see that - he is funny and talented, she is VERY pretty and talented. As celebs go, very likeable I would say.

Lovely news, I just love it that she calls herself Dawn O'Porter!
    I hope she has a healthy baby which I'm sure will be absolutely adored especially as Dawn lost her own Mum when she was very young.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris will always be a sound guy for playing Roy in The IT Crowd, no matter how many naff films he might end up in now.
    Forum Member
    Lovely news, I just love it that she calls herself Dawn O'Porter!
    I hope she has a healthy baby which I'm sure will be absolutely adored especially as Dawn lost her own Mum when she was very young.

It's the O'Porter bit for me that tops things in the smugness stakes.
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    Chris will always be a sound guy for playing Roy in The IT Crowd, no matter how many naff films he might end up in now.

Gentle irish roy
  • boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why so? That's what she changed her name to by deed poll.
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It strikes me as wanting to retain her recognisable name but also serve as a "He's mine!" message because of how her husband's profile has increased over the years and women have suddenly taken an interest in his looks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,660
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »
    Why so? That's what she changed her name to by deed poll.

Because she could have retained her "stage name" and taken her husband's name or she could have went doubled barreled as Dawn Porter-O'Dowd. Dawn O'Porter seems weakly concessionary and Notting Hill "culturally diverse" in a stupid, smug way. "Oh look at me, I'm part Irish now right down to my name!" Bugger off.
  • ursula321ursula321 Posts: 1,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because she could have retained her "stage name" and taken her husband's name or she could have went doubled barreled as Dawn Porter-O'Dowd. Dawn O'Porter seems weakly concessionary and Notting Hill "culturally diverse" in a stupid, smug way. "Oh look at me, I'm part Irish now right down to my name!" Bugger off.

Haha. Totally agree!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SuperAPJ wrote: »
    It strikes me as wanting to retain her recognisable name but also serve as a "He's mine!" message because of how her husband's profile has increased over the years and women have suddenly taken an interest in his looks.

It could be keeping her own name but wanting to show a pride in her marriage. Taking the husband's name is old-fashioned, for me I like this take on it
    Forum Member

Yes! And you said it so much better than I ever could! :)
  • Gloria FandangoGloria Fandango Posts: 3,834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lovely news - congrats to them! :)
  • thefairydandythefairydandy Posts: 3,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chris seems like a lovely guy, so I'll take his choice in wife as a testament to her decent-ness.

She did annoy the hell out of me in that fashion programme This Old Thing though. Of course she looks great larking around in custom vintage clothes, she's gorgeous and they'd probably been thoroughly cleaned. Most clothes in vintage shops are weird smelling tat though. I know the people on the show volunteered to be a part of it, but berating people for not liking vintage does seem a bit smug and precious to me.
  • DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw him at a Gay musical with his boyfriend once.
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him, her not so much. It's a shallow point I KNOW, but her hair is just ridiculous.