Options

Car crash Tv - The Ed Miliband Show

Comments

• Options
    thorrthorr Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How much ammunition has Ed provided Cameron and Osbourne with for the Tory Party Conference.
  • Options
    PrestonAlPrestonAl Posts: 10,342
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thorr wrote: »
    How much ammunition has Ed provided Cameron and Osbourne with for the Tory Party Conference.

A lot, a hell of a lot. Not just recently, but with many of his interviews over the past few years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are Labour going to line up as a replacement when this "show" gets "cancelled."

I'm backing Mr Tumble...
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member

Cameron and Osbourne should forget about Ed Miliband. Concentrate instead on providing the public with solid reasons to vote Conservative at the next general election.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is sad to see a thread fuelled by vindictive bullying by Conservatives. It is threads like this that makes me never want to vote for the Conservatives as a lot of their supporters are really nasty individuals.

There are real reasons not to vote for the Labour Party next and I certainly won't be. But whether the leader looks charismatic is not one of them. Has politics really become this sad, pathetic and superficial in the country? Have we really fallen that far into the gutter?
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who are Labour going to line up as a replacement when this "show" gets "cancelled.".

Neither the "Harman Show" or the "Balls Show" sounds very appealing.
  • Options
    Clarisse76Clarisse76 Posts: 5,566
    Forum Member
    jcafcw wrote: »
    It is sad to see a thread fuelled by vindictive bullying by Conservatives. It is threads like this that makes me never want to vote for the Conservatives as a lot of their supporters are really nasty individuals.

There are real reasons not to vote for the Labour Party next and I certainly won't be. But whether the leader looks charismatic is not one of them. Has politics really become this sad, pathetic and superficial in the country? Have we really fallen that far into the gutter?
    Are you new here? :confused:
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more pressure he seems to feel the worse his performance gets.
    I noticed in the debate in the house of commons today even reading his statement making errors and deeply unsure of himself. its a shame he's gone down the Gordon Brown route and realised this just isn't going to work and should have quit at the start of 2014.

It shouldn't matter but in this media age it does he's trying to convince the nation he's the best person to be Prime minister and leader of the country he's got the impact factor of a soggy sausage roll.

Only Takes Osborne in the Autumn statement to scrap the bedroom tax totally and that's Labours Welfare plans finished. They are the Tory lite party and still full expect Cameron back in power in May 2015 with an early election sometime in 2017 when the entire EU Referendum implodes the Tories
  • Options
    Speak-SoftlySpeak-Softly Posts: 24,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

How is it bullying to highlight the failures of somebody who is arrogant enough to want to be PM?

There has been no compulsion for EM to put himself in the spotlight. But he has and he is being found to be wanting.

Should we just vote for him because he thinks he is good enough?

I think you would have a point if this were just about lack of charisma, but what I'm picking up is an unbelievable ego at work here.
    It's everybody else who is in the wrong, not EM.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member

Image counts for a lot , does Milliband portray himself as someone who is competent and efficient or that you can trust ? ideas are all well and good but without the ability to deliver on them then they are a waste of time , he just doesn't come across as being capable of doing anything
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is sad to see a thread fuelled by vindictive bullying by Conservatives. It is threads like this that makes me never want to vote fo

It's all a bit of fun. Feel free to post all of Cameron's funniest TV moments so we can all have a good laugh at him too.
  • Options
    jcafcwjcafcw Posts: 11,282
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just remember Tony Blair carried himself with charisma and looked capable and look what happened when we didn't look further.

I have no problem with any thread about Labour's poor policies but this should have no bearing on how you vote.

Voting on appearance had landed us Blair and Cameron as PM. Two of the worst PMs ever.
  • Options
    solenoidsolenoid Posts: 15,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Remember children: if you don't talk about bad things those bad things will disappear!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just remember Tony Blair carried himself with charisma and looked capable and look what happened when we didn't look further.

I have no problem with any thread about Labour's poor policies but this should have no bearing on how you vote.

Voting on appearance had landed us Blair and Cameron as PM. Two of the worst PMs ever.

By what measure are these two the worst? I'm no Labour supporter, but Blair made his party electable and won 3 landslide victories. Cameron has overseen some excellent policies during his time, such as raising tax thresholds, increased employment and reduced the deficit. Okay, so neither has been perfect, but to say they are the "worst" is stretching it somewhat...
  • Options
    Pat_SmithPat_Smith Posts: 2,104
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You can't help feeling a twinge of sympathy. But he set himself up for the formidable task of party leader and prime minister, so he's only got himself to blame. He knew what he was and what he wasn't.

If Labour wins in 2015 - and I don't think they will - he will be surely the biggest liability any incoming government was shackled with. He is appalling. Lovely chappy, great husband, great father, all no doubt. But appalling in his wretched choice of role.
  • Options
    Rastus PiefaceRastus Pieface Posts: 4,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »
    You can't help feeling a twinge of sympathy. But he set himself up for the formidable task of party leader and prime minister, so he's only got himself to blame. He knew what he was and what he wasn't.

If Labour wins in 2015 - and I don't think they will - he will be surely the biggest liability any incoming government was shackled with. He is appalling. Lovely chappy, great husband, great father, all no doubt. But appalling in his wretched choice of role.

possibly, but he has history of forgetting important stuff. one day its forgetting to put his name on their birth certificates, the next, he's forgetting important stuff in speeches, such as the economy, immigration and so on. god knows what he will forget next.:confused:
  • Options
    GibsonSGGibsonSG Posts: 23,681
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He certainly doesn't inspire confidence. I think it's clear he is trying to avoid the weak spots in Labour's developing election campaign instead of embracing them.

Problem is that a lot more people hate the Tories and Cameron than they did before the last GE. Going to be an interesting 2015 election. Both of the main parties could get a bloody nose.
  • Options
    DanCleggDanClegg Posts: 2,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This thread isn't about Ed's appearance, it's about his sheer inability to answer a damn question.
  • Options
    RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GibsonSG wrote: »
    Problem is that a lot more people hate the Tories and Cameron than they did before the last GE. Going to be an interesting 2015 election. Both of the main parties could get a bloody nose.

I think you're right there. This is a politics forum, so you do get some serious discussion about policies..occasionally. But out in the real world the general view I see is best summed up as "a plague on all their houses".
    There's a deep loathing and mistrust of the three main parties, the most common thing I've heard over the past few years is that you can't tell the difference between any of them.
  • Options
    wallsterwallster Posts: 17,609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "The way I see it is"...Miliband is out of his depths.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pat_Smith wrote: »

he reminds me of one of those drivers that cuts you up coming out of a junction, only to do 20 miles an hour on a 60 road. In a Cabinet role fair enough but as Prime minister its never going to happen what didn't help him or labour for just over 2 years he didn't have to do anything the Economy was a total mess nothing going right and labour reaping the rewards. Its only when Ed & Ed had to start talking and trying to set the agenda people realised just how weak the pair of them are.

I lost the last fragments of respect for the guy when he didn't quit earlier this year
    every single poll has him rating poor there's no sign of improvement. Labour will lose in 2015 with him still wondering why the voters didn't love him. Every speech he does its like a Timeshare pitch 70 min speech??

Without even a drop of Charisma he doesn't stand a chance. The tories are already playing In the mud they are going to make the relationship between him and David a core element of the Election he caused all that for this type of leadership?
  • Options
    deptfordbakerdeptfordbaker Posts: 22,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Lets hope they go with

1. Deficit
    2. Immigration
    3. Human rights
    4. EU
    5. English votes for English laws
  • Options
    heikerheiker Posts: 7,029
    Forum Member
    Ed Miliband's main problems, come May 2015, are:

The Great British Public, Left and Right, view him as wierd;

The SNP taking Labour votes and consequently Labour seats;

Ditto for the Welsh Nationalists;

UKIP taking Labour votes enabling the seats to fall to the Tories and LibDems;

The Labour 2015 Manifesto being heavily mauled by the Political Media
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    heiker wrote: »
    Ed Miliband's main problems, come May 2015, are:

The Great British Public, Left and Right, view him as wierd;

The SNP taking Labour votes and consequently Labour seats;

Ditto for the Welsh Nationalists;

UKIP taking Labour votes enabling the seats to fall to the Tories and LibDems;

The Labour 2015 Manifesto being heavily mauled by the Political Media

Ed Miliband's main problem is being Ed Miliband.
  • Options
    paul2307paul2307 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Ed Miliband's main problem is being Ed Miliband.

The only thing worse that would be for Blair or Brown to endorse him as PM :D