Kelly Brook Engaged?

Comments

• wilehelmaswilehelmas Posts: 3,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    come on then, which one of those is supposed to be gay then?

Her?

(Colour you surprised, I know)
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    She 'Loves him' and 'Wishes him all the best' That either reads as it was the end of a 'deal' or he might have actually dumped her

Maybe the engagement didn't get enough press where it mattered, And she wanted to get married (For the attention) and he wasn't so keen
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think either of them have got much brain power beyond which selfie they're going to post next onto Twitter. Hopefully she woke up and realised that he is an utterly, cripplingly stupid eejit who would lick his own reflection if he could.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Many, many years ago I used to know a woman who saw getting engaged to her latest boyfriend as a perfectly normal part of the relationship "procedure", if you will.

In her mind, it wasn't something that signified the fact that her boyfriend wanted to marry her and start a family with her, it was something that had to be done, i assume, to signify his continuing interest in her.

I remember her once being really quite incredulous when one boyfriend obviously didn't get the message. I replied "Maybe it's because you've only been seeing him for 3 months?".

(Which didn't go down well :)).

Anyway, the point being that i don't think that Brook has done anything that many women probably haven't done themselves - and probably many men as well. I read about so many people getting "loved up" far too quickly and it invariably goes pear shaped.

Have to say that it was pretty common when I was younger to get engaged just because you'd been going out for a while. People used to think if a couple had been together a year or more without getting engaged that there was something wrong. I have friends in their 40's who have been engaged 3 or 4 times (and one male friend is 3 times divorced with 4 other engagements).

I do think that the lower end of the celeb world sees the types who live their lives in fast forward and rush into every decision, possibly with half an eye on the magazine deals.

But Kelly certainly isn't unusual in being a woman in her 30's with 4 or 5 relationships behind her
  • cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think either of them have got much brain power beyond which selfie they're going to post next onto Twitter. Hopefully she woke up and realised that he is an utterly, cripplingly stupid eejit who would lick his own reflection if he could.

:D:D:D

Love that, shall be nicking it!
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Her?

What makes you think she's gay then ? - genuine question.
    cris182 wrote: »
    She 'Loves him' and 'Wishes him all the best' That either reads as it was the end of a 'deal' or he might have actually dumped her

Well as I said, she tweeted and quickly deleted "Don't blame me for your past mistakes" so you may well find it could have been her that dumped him.

As far as the "wishes him all the best", i wouldn't personally read anything in to it. It's not like she's going to say "He can go f**k himself" is she ?
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Have to say that it was pretty common when I was younger to get engaged just because you'd been going out for a while. People used to think if a couple had been together a year or more without getting engaged that there was something wrong. I have friends in their 40's who have been engaged 3 or 4 times (and one male friend is 3 times divorced with 4 other engagements).

I do think that the lower end of the celeb world sees the types who live their lives in fast forward and rush into every decision, possibly with half an eye on the magazine deals.

But Kelly certainly isn't unusual in being a woman in her 30's with 4 or 5 relationships behind her

I did used to hear about people getting engaged quite a lot as well when I was younger. The woman I knew was clearly at the more extreme end of the scale, but hardly a month went by when I didn't hear about somebody having an engagement party.

I imagine Kelly will be with someone else in due course though, but more because I do get the feeling she doesn't really like the idea of being single for any length of time.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 140
    Forum Member
    FusionFury wrote: »
    Her privates must be like a cave!!

Why do people make rude comments like this about women? Kelly is what, almost 35? Let's imagine she started dating at 16. That's 19 years of dating experience and people are surprised that she hasn't just dated 1 or 2 guys. Even just one guy a year makes 19 guys. Honestly, it's like us women are expected to settle down at a young age or stop dating altogether. We can't win.
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    Why do people make rude comments like this about women? Kelly is what, almost 35? Let's imagine she started dating at 16. That's 19 years of dating experience and people are surprised that she hasn't just dated 1 or 2 guys. Even just one guy a year makes 19 guys. Honestly, it's like us women are expected to settle down at a young age or stop dating altogether. We can't win.

The irony being the more you use a muscle, the stronger it becomes.
    Forum Member
    The irony being the more you use a muscle, the stronger it becomes.

I may be female, but I'm not an expert in vaginas. I've never heard of them expanding because of multiple sex partners. If that were true, surely it would expand after having regular sex with one guy anyway? What's the difference? It gets stronger? That's good to know :cool:
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote: »
    I may be female, but I'm not an expert in vaginas. I've never heard of them expanding because of multiple sex partners. If that were true, surely it would expand after having regular sex with one guy anyway? What's the difference? It gets stronger? That's good to know :cool:

If you think about pelvic floor exercises, they mimic sex. Stands to reason that, if you are doing sex right, you should remain tight.

Probably the ickist poem I have ever written (since I got out of my angst-ridden teen phase).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you think about pelvic floor exercises, they mimic sex. Stands to reason that, if you are doing sex right, you should remain tight.

Probably the ickist poem I have ever written (since I got out of my angst-ridden teen phase).

Kegels replicate the contractions of orgasm yes, not sure if just shoving dicks up there willy nilly will do much good though.
    Forum Member

:o:D
    cavalli wrote: »
    Kegels replicate the contractions of orgasm yes, not sure if just shoving dicks up there willy nilly will do much good though.

Women should stop having sex with their partners then.
  • *Clem**Clem* Posts: 4,101
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There has been rumours about Kelly being gay for years. I tend to believe them.
  • jojoenojojoeno Posts: 1,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jojoeno wrote: »
    I read this earlier and said WTF is she doing, she must have taken leave of her senses, what a piece of shite he is .OMG her choice in men is deplorable or maybe she is just completely insane and low self esteem to be taken in by this meat head.

I used to love her , but its all over now.......yuck , she has really gone down in my estimation big time.

I wrote this back in Jan 2014 , hey Kelly if you need BF advice feel free to contact me as you definitely need to go to Specsavers and get solid sound advice.

I can see Leigh getting you back now that meathead is gone
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Clem* wrote: »

Based on what, out of interest ?
  • Scarlett BerryScarlett Berry Posts: 21,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I have never heard that..ever.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have never heard that..ever.

Neither have I.

I'm not picking up any pings either :confused:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MissMarvel wrote:

Women should stop having sex with their partners then.

Or change partners ;-)
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    cavalli wrote: »
    Neither have I.

I'm not picking up any pings either :confused:

Whether true or not i heard the rumours a good few years back

So they have been out there
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just think... next time, that guy could be me.
    I'll have to weigh up the pluses and minuses of this one carefully

The bar is set so low. It would be nigh impossible for you not to be an improvement on the last one. Got for it. ;-)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She needs to slow down
  • cleo petracleo petra Posts: 984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like Kelly and hope she continues to be strong and if it is want she wants, fall in love with men even if it reaches a natural end in 6 months, 1 year whatever. She strikes me as a heart-on-her-sleeve type of girl who is head over heels and ends it when it is not working. Nothing wrong with that.

I don't like the ridicule, sniggering type of reporting that sees her as somehow defective, stupid, or good for a piss take. Double standards, Russell Brand doesn't get the serial dater, always-the-bridesmaid-never-the-bride WAY out of date "humour".
  • Miss XYZMiss XYZ Posts: 14,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is nothing real about this engagement IMO.
    wilehelmas wrote: »
    Another PR arrangement sadly ends in tears.

I weep.

Completely agree with the above two posts. I don't believe for one second that this was a genuine relationship. IMO it was nothing more than a business arrangement. I wonder who the next one will be....

As for the rumours about her being gay, I too have heard that before.
  • CFCJM1CFCJM1 Posts: 2,065
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do feel sorry for her but she needs to slow down and not pass from one man to another. Her book criticises everyone she's ever been out with - so when will it finally dawn on her - that it is her that is making the wrong choices. David was a joke of the highest proportion - even for a girl who perhaps isn't too bright.

I think she seriously needs some therapy to look into why she is so desperate and needy of anything younger with muscles.

I suspect she does want to settle down and have kids - having tragically lost one a few years ago - but her choice in men and rash decisions are never going to bring her that stability.
  • whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    Whether true or not i heard the rumours a good few years back

So they have been out there

Same, in fact I've seen it mentioned so often I just assumed it was probably the case. And when she hooked up with the latest meathead I didn't think for a moment it was a real relationship, it was all so staged and then he appeared on CBB. I wonder if she is stony broke, she seems particularly desperate for publicity recently.

Oh and I assumed this break up was an attempt to get the public back on side, poor Kelly, having made a twit of herself with the whole 'yeah I flat out punched him in the face' comments.