EE - So when's Abi gonna get her turn to be lead actress?

O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
Forum Member
✭✭
She is the only one left that's been here 8 years and had NOTHING!!!

Jay had stuff before. as well as Ben, Lauren got stuff, Tanya had stuff, Max got stuff, how come its only her that doesn't get stuff?

What is wrong with her? Does she not have Meetings with DTC about storylines?

Lorna: Please Sir, can I have some more!
DTC: WHAT! WHAT!! WHAT!!!

That's what its probably been like for the last 8 years haha!

Comments

• MrJamesMrJames Posts: 8,127
    Forum Member
    She got her turn in 2013 when she appeared in the second most episodes of the entire year.
  • LMLM Posts: 63,503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While Abi hasn't had major storylines, she has really grown as a character over the last 3/4 years.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She spent most of 2011-2013 answering the door every episode so she's still recuperating.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she stops giggling and snorting her way through her scenes probably.
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member
    I geniunely dont feel that Lorna Fitzgerald is leading actress material.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Absolutely can not stand the character of Abi, and Lorna is a terrible actress, so I can see why she hasn't had many storylines... She brings NOTHING to the show IMO, other than a poor representation of East London exam results, after failing hers about 10,000 times...
  • HildaonplutoHildaonpluto Posts: 37,697
    Forum Member

:D:D:DYou mean never then?!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    While Abi hasn't had major storylines, she has really grown as a character over the last 3/4 years.

I agree! She's nothing but a bad smell!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She worked as a child, but it's time to move on now. She needs to be written out and be brought back with Jo Joyner when she returns as Tanya.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They could do a story line where Max finally realises shes not actually attended any exams or lessons for the last 3 years and has actually been sitting on a park bench talking to an imaginary friend called Clifford about her horrible family.
  • kirbyreedkirbyreed Posts: 1,816
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    When she's revealed as Lucy Beale's killer.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »
    They could do a story line where Max finally realises shes not actually attended any exams or lessons for the last 3 years and has actually been sitting on a park bench talking to an imaginary friend called Clifford about her horrible family.

:D I don't want to be mean about her but her character is behind awful now! It's a shame people do fail their exam results, but that's literally all the character ever does! Some people may be like that, but we don't want to see it on a EastEnders!
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    :D I don't want to be mean about her but her character is behind awful now! It's a shame people do fail their exam results, but that's literally all the character ever does! Some people may be like that, but we don't want to see it on a EastEnders!

I'm indifferent to her to be honest but she's the least selfish Branning and I thought she came to life when she confronted Max about Lucy.
  • valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    When she gets a new head.
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd like her to be kept on, she is a long term character now, I would just like her to to get some material,
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

This! She is an awful actress. I know this hasn't stopped many before but she is bad
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member

This. Just...this. So true, it is distracting. A bit like Lacy Turner always pulling a confused face in her scenes and Tish Dean's eyeballs having a mind of their own!:o:D^_^
  • O-JO-J Posts: 18,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    This. Just...this. So true, it is distracting. A bit like Lacy Turner always pulling a confused face in her scenes and Tish Dean's eyeballs having a mind of their own!:o:D^_^

But the difference is, these two are strong characters!

Maybe when young Abi was a sleep. her Guinness pig crawled in her mouth!
  • Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Abi has got better, I use to hate her moaning snorting mumbling all the time and bringing Jay down, she's not so bad these days.
  • Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    benbenalen wrote: »
    But the difference is, these two are strong characters!

Maybe when young Abi was a sleep. her Guinness pig crawled in her mouth!

Of course. Abi is sort of a non character. Ha! I think you might be on to something!
  • Tindie_BaisTindie_Bais Posts: 2,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she need to have at least one main story ,

I don't think she had her chance to sink her teeth into ianything

If I was DTC I would give her bullying story line , they can bully about her failing the exams.

But then I would judge her that main story!

The girl that play cindy jr , I did not think she was that good until the birth eps, I thought she was great
  • srhgtssrhgts Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member

This. So never.
  • ReservedReserved Posts: 12,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Abi is the best character on the show, in my opinion. Unfortunately, she's just one of quite a few who gets sidelined every single time just so the same characters can get shoved down our throats time and time again.
    MrJames wrote: »
    She got her turn in 2013 when she appeared in the second most episodes of the entire year.

She didn't feature in most episodes due to a heavy, central storyline, though. Her appearances consisted of her being a support character/background character/filler character. Can you name anything of note she did in 2013? As a big fan of hers, I can't think of anything, except for this episode:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBN2-sLnXaM

She's been there eight years and since around 2011, she's been developing nicely (albeit slowly)... Three years on and there's still no big storyline for her. Time for the producers to step up and give her some decent material now.
  • Sunset DaleSunset Dale Posts: 1,732
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best character? She giggles and snorts her way through her lines. How does that make her the best character?
  • olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

this!! Terrible actress who I hope never gets a main storyline, time she went to uni and didn't ever come back