Options

What is the most anti establishment thing you have done in your life?

FlibustierFlibustier Posts: 994
Forum Member
✭✭
Mine was to join a group against Heathrow expansion and also join another group against the BBC.

Comments

• Options
    wenchwench Posts: 8,928
    Forum Member
    I've been on a few demos.

Once went across to China from Hong Kong wearing a tshirt with the word "Tibet" on it..... not the brightest thing I've done after being detained at the border and interrogated for hours.

Walked on the grass with the "Do not walk on grass" sign.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yea i have done the grass thing too.
  • Options
    Toby LaRhoneToby LaRhone Posts: 12,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I told a copper to "Fk off "and gave him the two finger sign.
  • Options
    timewarpbunnytimewarpbunny Posts: 463
    Forum Member
    I was on the road protest sites between 1994 and 1999 - did the anti Criminal Justice Act protests at the tender age of 15 as well.
  • Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Voted labour

I stuck it to the man
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You mean new labour or real labour?
  • Options
    ArcanaArcana Posts: 37,521
    Forum Member
    Boycotted my graduation ceremony.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Flibustier wrote: »
    You mean new labour or real labour?

both........whatever manifestation they've had since 1970

Even Michael Foot.......
    :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Arcana wrote: »
    Boycotted my graduation ceremony.

I did that as well.......but not for any political reason, just couldn't be bothered going
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bit small scale, and I hope no one here was involved because in real life I am actually quite shy and hate conflict.

When I worked at a high school, three boys were permanently excluded for 'drug dealing' (small quantities of cannabis, just supplying their friends, it was just their turn I guess). Then the governors reinstated them on the grounds that it was a first offence and they had all been very contrite and promised not to do it again. A group of staff and parents - it felt like about 1000 of them, but couldn't really have been- called an outraged meeting to organise official protests and demand that these evil pushers were removed forever. I was so angry at what I felt was a huge overreaction that I stood up and made a long and angry speech attacking the whole thing. It was so nerve-racking that I could hear my voice shaking. You could see that no one liked it (or me) much, but the meeting kind of fizzled out amidst angry mutterings and dirty looks in my direction, and in the end the boys were returned to the school without any problems. Some person or people complained about me to the head and I was called in for an interview (I had said that this kind of 'dealing' was really common, and that quite a few of the boys in the school would have taken a turn at getting the stuff for the others, and he demanded that I NAME NAMES), but that fizzled out as well because I just sat looking blank and he gave up.
  • Options
    sodavlacsodavlac Posts: 10,607
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once crossed the road when the red man was showing as there were no cars in sight.
  • Options
    BanglaRoadBanglaRoad Posts: 57,590
    Forum Member
    Was twenty years old and was on the picket line at Bilston Glen
    Will remember those days for the rest of my life with a mixture of pride and sadness
  • Options
    Apple22over7Apple22over7 Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I signed a petition once.
    Well, an e-petition.
    Can't even remember what it was for (or against).

I am so anti-establishment..
  • Options
    MARTYM8MARTYM8 Posts: 44,710
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    Voted labour

I stuck it to the man

But you voted for the establishment?:D
  • Options
    TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member
    Have signed many petitions, have led a full life so far
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Student protests - very Rik in 'The Young Ones' - usually anti-fascist things. Also on one of the huge anti war protests when Blair started fighting silly wars to impress his new best mate. Took one of my babies with me on that one. We took food to women at Greenham Common. Endless petitions. I always thought my most subversive moment, though, was teaching in C of E and RC schools whilst having views about religion that would make Dawkins blush.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i threw an egg at a politician
  • Options
    ElectraElectra Posts: 55,660
    Forum Member
    I was a Hunt Saboteur
  • Options
    WolfsheadishWolfsheadish Posts: 10,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    A few things. Enough to get me on a list that barred me from the US for a time. I'm ok now though. Mellowed out in my old age :D
  • Options
    HypnodiscHypnodisc Posts: 22,728
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A few years ago I'd just walk down the street smoking a joint, which in hindsight isn't a good way to keep a low profile :D

These days I just smoke it in private.
  • Options
    Mumof3Mumof3 Posts: 4,529
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Struggling to resist the temptation to post mine, but it'll do me no good, so I'm keeping schtum.
  • Options
    mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,593
    Forum Member
    I refused to pay the poll tax.

Until I got a court summons and then I paid up :D

Power to the people! (And all that).
  • Options
    grumpyscotgrumpyscot Posts: 11,354
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Had a crap in someone's front garden at 3am. (Bye bye handkerchief!)
  • Options
    TheTruth1983TheTruth1983 Posts: 13,462
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I haven't done anything anti establishment, what a boring fart I am :cry:
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    I did the anti Criminal Justice Act protest in London in '94. although after the lovely fluffy time at Hyde Park I bottled it and met the march in Trafalgar square after taking the tube there ;)

I also didn't pay my poll tax, I was called to court and dozens of us together got shoved into the court, they were doing mass hearings,lol I payed up of course, but my protest had been heard.