Comments

• KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are all boring as f*ck.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think an 8 member band is just ridiculous and it's not as if they are using the extra numbers for fabulous harmonising. Half of that band is dead wood.
    And who on earth thought up the name 'Stereo Kicks'? :confused: Apart from anything else the word 'stereo' smacks increasingly of a bygone area. Plus the name conjures up the image of the far superior duo 'Rizzle Kicks'.
  • twingletwingle Posts: 19,322
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is right If you look back at you tubes of JLS and 1D the audience were going mad from very early on in the shows and each week the hysteria would build Even UJ did better and sadly they are not doing well music wise I don't think it is the 8 as it can work but don't know what is the magic ingredient that makes a band take off and one that doesn't but I don't think they have it and will take off Only the Young had more hysteria when they came on
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is right If you look back at you tubes of JLS and 1D the audience were going mad from very early on in the shows and each week the hysteria would build Even UJ did better and sadly they are not doing well music wise I don't think it is the 8 as it can work but don't know what is the magic ingredient that makes a band take off and one that doesn't but I don't think they have it and will take off Only the Young had more hysteria when they came on
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    The experiment hasn't worked, and they've only them selves to blame. Should have just picked a few of them, I can see what they were going for, but it's failed by the looks of it.
  • Littlegreen42Littlegreen42 Posts: 19,964
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one who released that Belieber single could go, the Irish one also does nothing...
  • Mina_CameronMina_Cameron Posts: 1,563
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Four of them should quit in a slow week (should've been this week) to drum up some drama. It's just not working.
  • NiwdogNiwdog Posts: 150
    Forum Member
    I definitely think they could do away with: 14 year old, skinny blonde lad, the Irish one who gobbed off at Cheryl and another irrelevant one.

A-friggin-men. Preach, my friend, preach. My sentiments exactly. Those are the exact 3/4 I would get rid of. They are so easily forgettable. Only 3 of the members really stand out to me and it's the short one with those large holed earrings, the tall one that can really sing (he stands out vocally), and another one with a face I can recognise, but cannot remember his name to save my life, so even then he is somewhat dispensable.
  • xfactorisgr8xfactorisgr8 Posts: 20,355
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing about the ''bookends'' of the band so to speak is that they bring nothing of use to the band.. they all cant sing and neither of them are exactly good looking.

The 14 year old, Reece and the irish one should not be in the band I think the other 5 would do much better in the competition without them.
  • ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them.
    Does cheryl not think that there were too many in Girls Aloud ?
    I do. 5 members too many.
  • TheGraduate2012TheGraduate2012 Posts: 14,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They should have done "Don't Stop Believing" Glee version. It's a great 80's song made for a vocal group. The only way this 8 piece band could work is to turn themselves into a vocal harmony group. so in some ways Mel is right about trying the acapella thing.

Agreed. A great song. Hopefully they could've done the harmonies as on Glee, but less cheesy. I definitely agree that the 8-man gimmick will only survive if they do harmonise together, that's basically how Little Mix stood out from the crowd, because Kelly kept encouraging them to become a vocal harmony group (more than aware herself of being a background band member). Also, not to hate, but if they do become a vocal harmony group, it would make them stand out from the likes of 1D.
    TheBlueOne wrote: »
    She was very right - a boy band made up of good-looking lads should cause hysteria amongst their target market. The boy bands who flopped on the show (and in the charts) are the ones the girls don't care for. There's no chemistry as the age range is too big. What will a 14-16 year old be able to talk to about with a 18-20 year old? It's forced friendship, and that is so noticeable on camera.

Food and tits, I expect. But I agree with your point.
  • Winchester LadyWinchester Lady Posts: 638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think they have proved that 8 is too many, 6 would be more manageable on stage and would still be different to most bands. I think 2 or 3 may well be dropped. But none of them have any charisma or appeal in my view, unlike 1D, so am doubtful whether even then it would work.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PAL65 wrote: »
    I agree with Chezza, there are too many members and the way they are doing things just does not warrant 8 lads.
    I think they need to have a big rethink and overhaul the project big style and work out a way whereby the 8 members are all weighing in as much as possible to justify and energise what is happening.
    Maybe having the solo singers getting a line but then getting 2,3, or 4 to harmonise a line and mix it up and shake it down and really try to innovate this boyband bollocks.

Would anyone be surprised if suddenly 3 lads get ditched??

Agree. I think they should all alternate between solos, and the 'leftovers' all harmonise.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I think they have proved that 8 is too many, 6 would be more manageable on stage and would still be different to most bands. I think 2 or 3 may well be dropped. But none of them have any charisma or appeal in my view, unlike 1D, so am doubtful whether even then it would work.

Ironically, in trying to be 1D all these bands are failing dismally.
  • Pimlico_PassPimlico_Pass Posts: 4,785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed. A great song. Hopefully they could've done the harmonies as on Glee, but less cheesy. I definitely agree that the 8-man gimmick will only survive if they do harmonise together, that's basically how Little Mix stood out from the crowd, because Kelly kept encouraging them to become a vocal harmony group (more than aware herself of being a background band member). Also, not to hate, but if they do become a vocal harmony group, it would make them stand out from the likes of 1D.

Food and tits, I expect. But I agree with your point.

Football & computer games of course
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really like them.
    Does cheryl not think that there were too many in Girls Aloud ?
    I do. 5 members too many.

Most bands have 3-5 members so it's not too much. Plus, an odd number works well aesthetically when performing dance moves.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Football & computer games of course

Yeah that too :D
  • ShAneOmaC2005ShAneOmaC2005 Posts: 941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannon fodder. How many times do I have to say this, Cheryl ignited the cannon last night, I will tell you this. Some people are defiantly suggesting this "boyband" can go far and I will tell you why that is.. That is because at present, they appear to have Mr Cowell's backing. Let me also tell you this. Cowell is no fool and he can see that this is simply not working and it is only a matter of time before he sticks that knife in. I believe this will come next week or the next.. AFTER THAT.. You will see all these defiant people succumb to the brainwashing of Cowell and follow his opinions like a herd of wilderbeest travelling across the serengeti.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The thing about the ''bookends'' of the band so to speak is that they bring nothing of use to the band.. they all cant sing and neither of them are exactly good looking.

The 14 year old, Reece and the irish one should not be in the band I think the other 5 would do much better in the competition without them.

I think they should've stuck to their bootcamp formula, where they all sang a little bit. Not strictly of course but both Lives have started off with the Essex boy with the black hair (he does have the best voice) then the next three (I'm useless with names) then finishing off with the first guy again. The other four are just.... there.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cannon fodder. How many times do I have to say this, Cheryl ignited the cannon last night, I will tell you this. Some people are defiantly suggesting this "boyband" can go far and I will tell you why that is.. That is because at present, they appear to have Mr Cowell's backing. Let me also tell you this. Cowell is no fool and he can see that this is simply not working and it is only a matter of time before he sticks that knife in. I believe this will come next week or the next.. AFTER THAT.. You will see all these defiant people succumb to the brainwashing of Cowell and follow his opinions like a herd of wilderbeest travelling across the serengeti.

You have confused me Are you saying he will be happy to lose them All of this thread agrees with Cheryl apart from one or two so we are not succumbing to his brain washing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Niwdog wrote: »
    A-friggin-men. Preach, my friend, preach. My sentiments exactly. Those are the exact 3/4 I would get rid of. They are so easily forgettable. Only 3 of the members really stand out to me and it's the short one with those large holed earrings, the tall one that can really sing (he stands out vocally), and another one with a face I can recognise, but cannot remember his name to save my life, so even then he is somewhat dispensable.

Thank you. That blonde one (Reece) is only 15 which I forgot. Him and the 14 year old are children, they should go back to school, quite frankly. Irish is clearly there to be eye-candy and you're right, the only ones that are memorably are Essex, tall one; short, large holed ears from Bristol; older one who was 'the yodeler' from last year and the other pretty one.

God, I wish I knew their names.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I would've be surprised if the kids, 14 and 15 year olds are emptied out.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twingle wrote: »
    You have confused me Are you saying he will be happy to lose them All of this thread agrees with Cheryl apart from one or two so we are not succumbing to his brain washing
    Never at any point did I make references to anyone in this thread? Have I missed something? And yes I am saying he will be happy to lose them all. They are all quite frankly. Forgettable.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Four of them should quit in a slow week (should've been this week) to drum up some drama. It's just not working.

Good idea! More 'crisis for Louis' category' headlines.
    The one who released that Belieber single could go, the Irish one also does nothing...

Easily. He may be tall, but he looks baby-faced and out of place with the older guys.
    FOZ! wrote: »
    The experiment hasn't worked, and they've only them selves to blame. Should have just picked a few of them, I can see what they were going for, but it's failed by the looks of it.

I assume they thought because they were all decent singers it would work out. Sadly it hasn't. Doesn't help that Louis is giving them awful songs.
    I think an 8 member band is just ridiculous and it's not as if they are using the extra numbers for fabulous harmonising. Half of that band is dead wood.
    And who on earth thought up the name 'Stereo Kicks'? :confused: Apart from anything else the word 'stereo' smacks increasingly of a bygone area. Plus the name conjures up the image of the far superior duo 'Rizzle Kicks'.

God knows, but it's bloody awful! I prefer Stereo Blips, more accurate. So true about the Rizzle Kicks comparison as well, bad move.

Again, I agree. You simply cannot have half a band be deadwood, even Louis (I think it was) said everyone needed to have their place. It's not like the deadwood are even fantastic dancers or eye-candy either.
    twingle wrote: »

I think the teen crowd have been bamboozled by the Stereo Kicks/Overload split this year, unsure with which band to place their hysteria. Now they've lost interest in both. You're so right, OTY have a much greater buzz around them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good idea! More 'crisis for Louis' category' headlines.

Easily. He may be tall, but he looks baby-faced and out of place with the older guys.

I assume they thought because they were all decent singers it would work out. Sadly it hasn't. Doesn't help that Louis is giving them awful songs.

God knows, but it's bloody awful! I prefer Stereo Blips, more accurate. So true about the Rizzle Kicks comparison as well, bad move.

Again, I agree. You simply cannot have half a band be deadwood, even Louis (I think it was) said everyone needed to have their place. It's not like the deadwood are even fantastic dancers or eye-candy either.

I think the teen crowd have been bamboozled by the Stereo Kicks/Overload split this year, unsure with which band to place their hysteria. Now they've lost interest in both. You're so right, OTY have a much greater buzz around them.
    Agree I think OTY are gnna get the teeny votes.