Options

Recommend me an eye cream

#grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Well, as I approach my 30th birthday this year, I've realised I should start taking more care of my face, especially round my eyes which are starting to show really faint lines, but have always been prone to dark circles.

So, what are your suggestions for a good eye cream to reduce/delay wrinkles and fine lines round the eyes (aswell as the circles if possible)?

I wouldn't want to spend more than £20 - £25 on one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    elliecatelliecat Posts: 9,890
    Forum Member
    I use Bobbi Brown hydrating eye cream it's £28 so quite expensive but it seems to work, my dark circles seem lighter. A little goes a long way, the pot lasts me a 3 months

http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/product/2572/12762/Skincare/Moisturisers/Eyes/Hydrating-Eye-Cream/index.tmpl

I also use Body Shop Elderflower eye gel if my eyes feel tired and that seems to perk them up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    http://www.origins.co.uk/product/3855/11247/Skincare/Category/Eye-Care/Eye-Doctor/Moisture-care-for-skin-around-eyes/index.tmpl

origins have a good range at varying prices. get some samples and see which one suits your skin type.
  • Options
    Aarghawasp!Aarghawasp! Posts: 6,205
    Forum Member
    Soap and Glory do a few eye products, have a look and see which you think would work best for you. There are reviews on the site, a few folk comment on how they've seen an improvement in puffiness and dark circles. :)

http://www.soapandglory.com/products/skincare/eyes-lips
  • Options
    #grotbags##grotbags# Posts: 1,447
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks all.

I bought the Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful based on the reviews on Boots. Been using it for about a week. Not seen much difference, but I'm not really sure how long these things take, so I'll give it a few more weeks. :)
  • Options
    AnnaliseZAnnaliseZ Posts: 3,912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    #grotbags# wrote: »
    Thanks all.

I bought the Soap and Glory Make Yourself Youthful based on the reviews on Boots. Been using it for about a week. Not seen much difference, but I'm not really sure how long these things take, so I'll give it a few more weeks. :)

I don't get eye creams... what's the difference between them and normal moisturiser? I've asked this question in shops and always get a different answer :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,864
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You've no need to spend that much - aldi's range of skin care is amazing, and really affordable. Always does well in the mag reviews, and is even suitable for sensitive/breakout skin :)

Edit - lacura is the name of the range. Plenty of reviews to google.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Olay, NO7, anything with cocunut substance in. Use vaseline under the eyes at night too and yes Lacura is a great option too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I've always had problems with dark circles under the eyes and in my experience nothing seems to make much difference. The one thing that I found helped a little bit though was No.7 Instant Vitality Eye Roll-on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olay, NO7, anything with cocunut substance in. Use vaseline under the eyes at night too and yes Lacura is a great option too.

Avoid Vaseline under the eyes if you are prone to puffiness, it's far too thick :eek:
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I've always had problems with dark circles under the eyes and in my experience nothing seems to make much difference. The one thing that I found helped a little bit though was No.7 Instant Vitality Eye Roll-on.

I've just started using this. It isn't a miracle cure but I have noticed an improvment in the dark circles under my eyes.
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't be fooled into thinking hemorrhoid treatments will tighten the sagging skin under the eyes, it won't, it's too heavy and will aggravate the area.

As already mentioned Lacura beauty products are very good. They do a eye roll on that contains hyaluronic acid and caffeine, both proven to help with dark circles/bags.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I use Elemis and like their products. Elemis Pro-Collagen Eye Renewal is great but not cheap at £58 you can get it cheaper elsewhere.

Elemis Fresh Skin Tired Eyes Soothing Eye Rescue £15. You need to try them out. I tested loads before I decided which I preferred. Nothing will really reduce dark circles except a great concealer. Bobby brown does great ones. Use Clarins Instant smooth perfecting touch its great and it giving a flawless complexion especially around the eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't be fooled into thinking hemorrhoid treatments will tighten the sagging skin under the eyes, it won't, it's too heavy and will aggravate the area.

As already mentioned Lacura beauty products are very good. They do a eye roll on that contains hyaluronic acid and caffeine, both proven to help with dark circles/bags.

Is that why people use cold used t-bags on their eyes?
  • Options
    BreadstixBreadstix Posts: 10,387
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »
    I don't get eye creams... what's the difference between them and normal moisturiser? I've asked this question in shops and always get a different answer :confused:

The skin around the eye area is thinner than on the rest of the face. When applying eye cream it's preferable to just dot it around the orbital bone and press gently going from the inner to outer area to assist fluid drainage.
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    AnnaliseZ wrote: »

They are supposed to be richer than normal moisturiser because it's an area that needs more specific treatment (so they say) as you get older. I don’t have any wrinkles, bags or dark circles under the eyes but my eyelids are dark which is really annoying. I would love to try SK II eye cream, that is supposed to be excellent but it is £££!

Never rub or drag or rub eye cream in, always pat it in using the ring finger around the eye bone.
  • Options
    SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elave Intensive Cream.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Never rub or drag or rub eye cream in, always pat it in using the ring finger around the eye bone.

Why? What difference would it make?
  • Options
    LushnessLushness Posts: 38,169
    Forum Member
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Why? What difference would it make?

Because the skin is more delicate and thinner than the rest of your skin and you may run the risk of making any wrinkle problem worse. Patting or dabbing the cream in is a more effective application method.
  • Options
    MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lushness wrote: »
    Because the skin is more delicate and thinner than the rest of your skin and you may run the risk of making any wrinkle problem worse. Patting or dabbing the cream in is a more effective application method.

Well that's me told! Lol. Thanks :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    This was in one of the supplements yesterday and the reviewers on the Avon site seem pretty taken with it - I've just bought some (it's on offer and I'm about to run out of my current cream so why not) http://avonshop.co.uk/shop/product.asp?pf_id=35916&from=search&find_spec=eye&pagenum=1

Will report back!
  • Options
    GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that why people use cold used t-bags on their eyes?

I've never heard of that before.

Another natural one that is supposed to work. Green tea frozen into cubes, use a wrapped one and gently dab around the eye area.
  • Options
    CroctacusCroctacus Posts: 18,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any old cream will do. Just make sure you always wear sunglasses in the sun.
  • Options
    dragonrapidedragonrapide Posts: 1,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aloa Vera Gel 99.0% from Holland & Barrett is marvelous. Very cooling for the eye area and moistures at the same time.

The best tip is to drink loads of water and avoid drinking too much coffee. Keep face out of the sun too.
  • Options
    PAISLEY47PAISLEY47 Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    Aloa Vera Gel 99.0% from Holland & Barrett is marvelous. Very cooling for the eye area and moistures at the same time.

The best tip is to drink loads of water and avoid drinking too much coffee. Keep face out of the sun too.

This, I had really bad dark circles and have started drinking 2 litres of water a day and getting to bed a bit earlier (though not today!! lol) and I have really noticed a difference in my whole face.