CS - Anyone else enjoying Peter's trial?

spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Everyone seems to be on a downer with the show at the moment but I'm loving the trial .
Watching Rob's face is making me laugh as well

Comments

• daynajohndaynajohn Posts: 137
    Forum Member
    Yes really enjoying it corrie has been dull but the tail is exciting and I feet that Carla started to work it out at the end of today's episode
  • SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's not been bad, better than I expected. The scenes in the witness room have been fun.
  • CriticFanCriticFan Posts: 1,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really enjoying it. Can't wait for day 3
  • tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rob is annoying me, he infatically tells simon peter did'nt do it, then does the same with carla but demanding peter did do it and nobody seems to be picking up on this. Also Steve did not say, that Peter stayed in the back room with him, Liz and Michelle for at least 10 mins with them all having a go at him, before they left to follow carla and arrived on the scene.
    I think ken will cotton on its Rob first.
  • boxer1988boxer1988 Posts: 1,647
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am enjoying it too. I loved the last ep.

Alison King was electrifying in the court scenes.

I enjoyed watching Rob's reaction and the looks Ken and Tracy were giving him when Carla revealed what Rob had to say about Peter's deathbed confession. :D

Norris not being allowed to have his moment in court made me laugh too.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's been awfully dull the past few months, but he's the trial is exciting, but when this is all over in a couple of weeks and we're back to Kylie's drug habits and Faye's pregnancy, the show will be dull again, not to mention the spider storyline...
  • trevon1trevon1 Posts: 6,530
    Forum Member
    I think it's been a very entertaining week so far. Wonderful acting by Alison King. Only disappointment is Norris not taking the stand.
  • mourinhosmissusmourinhosmissus Posts: 5,592
    Forum Member
    lou_123 wrote: »
    It's been awfully dull the past few months, but he's the trial is exciting, but when this is all over in a couple of weeks and we're back to Kylie's drug habits and Faye's pregnancy, the show will be dull again, not to mention the spider storyline...

Is Spider coming back?

I must admit, much as I dislike Carla, I thought she played a blinder in court and I really enjoyed it. Now that's something I've not said about CS for ages!
  • GracieLGracieL Posts: 4,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's been brilliant IMO, have loved the comedy in the witness box and Norris. Good acting done by Ali King and Chris Gascoyne and Tracey has been great too :D

Much better than other trials in the past like Gail's trial.
  • lou_123lou_123 Posts: 12,706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Spider coming back?

I must admit, much as I dislike Carla, I thought she played a blinder in court and I really enjoyed it. Now that's something I've not said about CS for ages!

No, they're doing a storyline about killer spiders invading weatherfield!:D and yes Alison King is amazing!
  • barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    For a trial i've loved it. Usually hate trials
  • Redhead69Redhead69 Posts: 1,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon Peter will get sent down and Rob will disappear and get away with it. Its a shame Norris is not taking the stand, as that would have been entertaining. I think Tracy's wedding is of significant to the progression of this storyline.
  • Pink_SmurfPink_Smurf Posts: 6,883
    Forum Member
    No, they're doing a storyline about killer spiders invading weatherfield!:D and yes Alison King is amazing!

Spiders?! :o You are kidding me? I've read something about this on here (I think it was on here). It doesn't surprise me. It's as bad as Eastenders snake and cold cuts.

As for the trial it's been great. A lot of interesting looks shared between characters and Rob's facial expressions have been marvellous. It's a shame Norris didn't get his day, rather him than Scary Mary. I think Rob is about to seriously unravel and yes I agree that Ken, the thinker, will cotton on to him.

EDIT : http://www.soapsquawk.co.uk/news/corrie-spoiler-weatherfield-invaded-by-spiders.php#results

It's true about the spiders! :o OMG! Could they not have thought up something better?
  • Lucy LouLucy Lou Posts: 8,574
    Forum Member
    spunger wrote: »
    Everyone seems to be on a downer with the show at the moment but I'm loving the trial .
    Watching Rob's face is making me laugh as well

The trial has been very good to watch especially the sublime performances from Carla, Peter and Rob just the facial expressions without words have conveyed so much.

Rob is looking increasingly desperate and I suspect he will be his own downfall in the end.

Just to add its good to see a positive reaction to Corrie from so many...........its been a while :p:)
    Forum Member
    Lucy Lou wrote: »
    The trial has been very good to watch especially the sublime performances from Carla, Peter and Rob just the facial expressions without words have conveyed so much.

Rob is looking increasingly desperate and I suspect he will be his own downfall in the end.

Just to add its good to see a positive reaction to Corrie from so many...........its been a while :p:)

This. Coronation Street has really picked up and I'm looking forward to the next episode. :)
  • star89star89 Posts: 24,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes. I though Corrie was excellent last night. I love Carla and Alison King is amazing :)
  • Emma_HenveyEmma_Henvey Posts: 9,895
    Forum Member
    trevon1 wrote: »
    Only disappointment is Norris not taking the stand.

Poor Norris. He looked so devastated when he couldn't take the stand :D
  • TellystarTellystar Posts: 12,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tenchgirl wrote: »
    Rob is annoying me, he infatically tells simon peter did'nt do it, then does the same with carla but demanding peter did do it and nobody seems to be picking up on this. Also Steve did not say, that Peter stayed in the back room with him, Liz and Michelle for at least 10 mins with them all having a go at him, before they left to follow carla and arrived on the scene.
    I think ken will cotton on its Rob first.

I think the word you're looking for is emphatically?
  • lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why cant Noris take the stand
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Why cant Noris take the stand

Because his evidence / statement was the same as Mary's so the court agreed there was no need for him to take the stand. He wasn't amused.
  • Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't watch cs but this sounds hilarious!
  • sarah_shortsarah_short Posts: 1,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderfully entertaing!:)
    Lol at Norris not getting his turn in the witness box.:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Totally agree - the trial is great telly, am enjoying every minute
  • puppetangelpuppetangel Posts: 2,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Based on 3 days of the trial what do you think the outcome will be? I dont want Peter going down :(
  • spungerspunger Posts: 2,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The verdict is
    next Monday
    Can't wait to see what happens.