Options

Obese people piling junk food in their trolleys...

Comments

• Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do remember Janet Street-Porter on Grumpy Old Women fulminating about "FAT people FILLING their trollies with SHIT"...

Can't recall thought whether she was on about supermarkets or working in a nursing home.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,625
    Forum Member
    If I see the sort of thing I like in several people's shopping then that is a clue they may be on special offer so I will go and get some for myself.
  • Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    76 packets of crisps plez....ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, that`s me food shopping for the weekend sorted!:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    sootysoo wrote: »
    I can't believe people have time to stop to check what other people are putting in their trolley's. I think my biggest pet peeve regarding supermarket shopping is that some seem to go there for a day out and hang around the aisles nattering and generally getting in the way.
    #
    Well now you know what they are really doing :D They are examining the contents of everyone's trolleys instead of going to work.
  • Options
    BedlemBedlem Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I never take notice of other people's trolleys, can't say I ever have either. Though, I did go Tesco on Xmas Eve to get a few things and I forgot to grab a trolley; it was ram packed so I eyed up someone else's trolley and made off with it. :o Only had some joints of meat in so I dumped them in the fridges.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 257
    Forum Member
    It pisses me off in a supermarket when the aisle is blocked by a gargantuan fat bird and her equally monstrous offspring, with a trolley loaded with full sugar coke, bags of crisps and pastries. Their fatness reaches into their brains too...ignorant in any sense of the word.
    Notice too, how the 'disadvantaged' can always afford brand names.
  • Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It pisses me off in a supermarket when the aisle is blocked by a gargantuan fat bird and her equally monstrous offspring, with a trolley loaded with full sugar coke, bags of crisps and pastries. Their fatness reaches into their brains too...ignorant in any sense of the word.

Hmm. Discounting the last bit, I did have an unpleasant encounter stuck for a couple of aisles behind one such, ahem, width-challenged family yesterday, consisting of corpulent mother and father, daughter and I'm guessing uncle. There was much pushiness and unvarnished 'attitude' to their parlance and interaction with each other, and at one point apparent uncle unapologetically ushered forth a sonorous belch :(

This trauma did occur within the confines of the fruit and veg aisles though, funnily enough.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Like... Converse cakes? Or conversing over the cakes?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    Im confused are you saying fat people who say they dont care really do, or are you saying those of us who say we dont judge are liars in your mind?

I just simply don't believe that people would always have nothing but blank, non-judgmental thoughts in their mind in situations like this when they often say otherwise... Unless it didn't actually get their attention to begin with of course. If you're asking me to call you a liar based on my beliefs, sure. I can't believe everything I'm told can I? Nobody here has anything to prove to me anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,111
    Forum Member
    Bedlem wrote: »
    I never take notice of other people's trolleys, can't say I ever have either. Though, I did go Tesco on Xmas Eve to get a few things and I forgot to grab a trolley; it was ram packed so I eyed up someone else's trolley and made off with it. :o Only had some joints of meat in so I dumped them in the fridges.

That was you? :eek::eek::eek: ;)
  • Options
    stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member

and mobile phones.
  • Options
    LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haruhion wrote: »
    I just simply don't believe that people would always have nothing but blank, non-judgmental thoughts in their mind in situations like this when they often say otherwise... Unless it didn't actually get their attention to begin with of course. If you're asking me to call you a liar based on my beliefs, sure. I can't believe everything I'm told can I? Nobody here has anything to prove to me anyway.

Im not asking you to call me a liar, but i am stating i really dont have the time, inclination or can be bothered to a) take the time to examine someones shopping or b) then judge them on it, some of us have lives to get too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jezebeth wrote: »
    That was you? :eek::eek::eek: ;)

Erm... shut up fatty!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Just to say I don't do this when I'm walking around the shop. More when I'm waiting at the checkout when there's nothing better to do.

Are you telling me people don't examine others shopping when at the checkout? Even if they don't then start judging them? I find this hard to believe.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Im not asking you to call me a liar, but i am stating i really dont have the time, inclination or can be bothered to a) take the time to examine someones shopping or b) then judge them on it, some of us have lives to get too.

I would put it under the "it didn't get my attention" bit though. What if she was standing in your way and her trolley was gleaming in front of you and you saw her throwing in 5 bags of assorted multibags of crisps? I wouldn't say anyone needs to go as far as taking time out of what they're doing to examine to be judgmental.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    plymgary wrote: »
    Just to say I don't do this when I'm walking around the shop. More when I'm waiting at the checkout when there's nothing better to do.

Are you telling me people don't examine others shopping when at the checkout? Even if they don't then start judging them? I find this hard to believe.

I genuinely really dont, im usually on my mobile, or thinking about work, or trying to mentally add it up in my head, or wondering what ive forgotten etc etc, the other persons shopping is of NO consequence to me whatsoever.
  • Options
    KJ44KJ44 Posts: 38,093
    Forum Member
    RussellIan wrote: »
    This trauma did occur within the confines of the fruit and veg aisles though, funnily enough.

Have some compassion. They were clearly lost and frightened. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I genuinely really dont, im usually on my mobile, or thinking about work, or trying to mentally add it up in my head, or wondering what ive forgotten etc etc, the other persons shopping is of NO consequence to me whatsoever.

Well then, you're obviously a much nicer person than me! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haruhion wrote: »
    I would put it under the "it didn't get my attention" bit though. What if she was standing in your way and er trolley was gleaming in front of you and you saw her throwing in 5 bags of assorted multibags of crisps? I wouldn't say anyone needs to go as far as "examine" to get judgmental in the slightest.

Ah so if i was in the crisp aisle and a fat person was filling their trolley with packs and packs and packs of crisps? then i might think bloody hell no wonder youre fat, youre right i would. :)

But i was talking only about being at the checkout and examining peoples shopping genereally...i really dont look at that point or care
  • Options
    nessa456nessa456 Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    in supermarkets.

Does anybody else get really judgemental about it?

I know I'm wrong, and not perfect etc. etc. but I can't help myself!!! :o

I feel happier to see people larger than myself to be honest -makes me feel less overweight myself!

Food is often the main thing available to cheer yourself up - it's a vicious circle.

Also, having watched my Mother die of cancer this year and with my Father having dementia I'd say a heart attack at 60 is by no means a bad way to go!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,583
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shopping the other day and there was a rather large woman shopping with her friend (her friend was buying stuff, she wasn't), saw her a few times going round. Anyway got to the end of one aisle and this woman nudged her friend and pointed at this woman, the friend exclaimed (a bit too loudly imo) OH MY GOD and they had themselves a bit of a snigger at her. I admit when I first saw her I thought 'how can you let yourself get so big?' - but she wasn't hurting anyone, and I'd never point and laugh at someone like these 2 did (and they were women in their late 30s I'd say).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well then, you're obviously a much nicer person than me! :)

im really not read the next reply lol

I was thinking i dont judge people for being fat etc, then i read what the other lady put and thought if she/he was in my way and annoying me and filling their trolley with pack upon pak.. i might judge them then for their food intake

Im not going to heaven now:o
  • Options
    nessa456nessa456 Posts: 2,429
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shopping the other day and there was a rather large woman shopping with her friend (her friend was buying stuff, she wasn't), saw her a few times going round. Anyway got to the end of one aisle and this woman nudged her friend and pointed at this woman, the friend exclaimed (a bit too loudly imo) OH MY GOD and they had themselves a bit of a snigger at her. I admit when I first saw her I thought 'how can you let yourself get so big?' - but she wasn't hurting anyone, and I'd never point and laugh at someone like these 2 did (and they were women in their late 30s I'd say).

I prefer the large person over the nasty sniggerers any day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I could never be that cruel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,733
    Forum Member
    I suppose I might sometimes think: "Wow - S/he must be a good cook" :p
    And particulary, if the person looks "poor" or "decrepit" - Good for them! :D
    This is the real UK "disease" tho' - Always looking for "faults" in others? :(