Options

David Cameron and george booed at the paralympics

hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,707
Forum Member
✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0nMtSJDrGc&feature=player_embedded

Good right, They are both evil for doing this to our disabled people:)

Comments

• Options
    hooterhooter Posts: 30,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

LMSO....snotty beggars
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Doing What? Making them win gold medals? :confused:
  • Options
    tremetreme Posts: 5,445
    Forum Member

What's evil about presenting a medal? :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,845
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, i could never tell the difference between a boo and a cheer when it comes to large audiences. It did not seem like anything to me
  • Options
    QWERTYOPQWERTYOP Posts: 6,878
    Forum Member
    Amazing that they thought they could stand in an arena full of disabled people and their friends and families and not be booed.

Great to see, and no less than they deserve.
  • Options
    kerrminatorkerrminator Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I will be amazed if the tories get re elected. Osbourne has the kinda face you would never get tired of punching lol
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    LostFool wrote: »
    Doing What? Making them win gold medals? :confused:

cutting disability benefits.

edit: the boos were fully deserved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    recession double dipping in Britain and all the shambles of the Conservatives since they came into power, what was their solution, pick on the sick and disabled, sounds about right to me, they are a disgrace and deserve all the boos and more:mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,009
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He's got a bare-faced cheek even to turn up at the games and then to present medals. Each of those booes was richly deserved. How embarrassing for him and the government. Probably the ONLY people to be booed during the whole games.

Next year, he's taking Disabled Living Allowance off people, so people who need help getting around via motor scooters or cars will have these taken off them.

Just how fu(king cruel are these bastards?

How can we as a nation let this happen to the vulnerable?

I hope George had an uncomfortable night last night.
  • Options
    RickyBarbyRickyBarby Posts: 5,902
    Forum Member
    HA HA that is so funny they are both very EVIL people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I will be amazed if the tories get re elected. Osbourne has the kinda face you would never get tired of punching lol

In the pursuit of science, I would be willing to test your hypothesis.
  • Options
    Mal80Mal80 Posts: 311
    Forum Member
    Tbh, i could never tell the difference between a boo and a cheer when it comes to large audiences. It did not seem like anything to me
    If you can't tell, then your headphones/speakers are really poor quality, the first person got a strong boo, then the second got a strong cheer. It was almost comedic. Osborne isn't particularly liked due to cuts in support for people with disabilities, amongst other things, so it wasn't unexpected.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 506
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it is pretty pathetic to ruin those athlete's moments by voicing political niggles.
  • Options
    Glawster2002Glawster2002 Posts: 15,211
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawge wrote: »
    I think it is pretty pathetic to ruin those athlete's moments by voicing political niggles.

Absolutely agree. We should be celebrating the athletes achievements and not petty playground party politics.
  • Options
    VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a shame they'd use such a controversial figure to present the medal. No one else has been booed. Bad idea I think.
  • Options
    Auld SnodyAuld Snody Posts: 15,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gawge wrote: »

I think it is pretty pathetic to try and bolster your political image by pretending to support a section of society that you are attacking .
    The boos were well deserved
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    InTheNow wrote: »
    He's got a bare-faced cheek even to turn up at the games and then to present medals. Each of those booes was richly deserved. How embarrassing for him and the government. Probably the ONLY people to be booed during the whole games.

Next year, he's taking Disabled Living Allowance off people, so people who need help getting around via motor scooters or cars will have these taken off them.

Just how fu(king cruel are these bastards?

How can we as a nation let this happen to the vulnerable?

I hope George had an uncomfortable night last night.

Me too. What a piece of work he really is. :mad:
  • Options
    mebiscuitmebiscuit Posts: 327
    Forum Member
    How did it ruin the Athletes moments? The athletes were cheered it was only Osborne who got a well deserved boo. The Athletes never looked as if they were displeased.

Having dealt with Atos the booing of Osborne was the least the crowd could have done!

- - - - - - - -edit - - - - - -

I should have said I am still having dealings with Atos!
  • Options
    premixxedpremixxed Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cuts eh, all over, everywhere.

Shame the last Government aren't in power, they rocked.

They knew how to borrow to appease the voters.

Blair & Brown FTW.
  • Options
    Pisces CloudPisces Cloud Posts: 30,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

A few people thought that back in the early 80s and looked what happened there. Some people can be quite sadistic when it comes to electing governments in this country.
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I hardly think the booing of George Osbourne would've ruined the Athletes evening. As has been said, lots of disabled people, plus friends, families and supporters were perfectly justified in giving Osbourne the reaction he got. To keep cutting benefits for these people and have the brass faced cheek to turn up and hand out medals is disgusting, IMO. We, the public, are being given fewer and fewer opportunities to protest and voice our opinions to politicians so this was (hopefully) an eye opener for them and something they had zero control over.
  • Options
    stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've never watched a closing ceremony, but is there a bit where they thank the sponsors? That would be hilarious.
  • Options
    DianaFireDianaFire Posts: 12,711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The booing is being reported by the main news sites, and Osborne is trending on Twitter because of it. No doubt about it.
  • Options
    CasualCasual Posts: 2,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thoroughly deserved.
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who's idea was it to have him present medals? They deserve a medal themselves!:D Can't believe he agreed to do it! Muppet.