Options

Liz Jones - YOU magazine (Part 4)

Comments

• Options
    seventhwaveseventhwave Posts: 4,967
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "It is better to keep your head down, drink lattes, never try, and never, ever succeed." -- Gotta have those lattes amirite?? (all organic, soya, gluten-free, with a drizzle of agave syrup that costs £100 for a tiny tube, etc.) This is beyond parody. Well, the whole thing is, but this line especially.

"Most days, the harsh truth is I just eat a bowl of porridge, and skip dinner so my dogs can eat." - Well, last week they tried to eat your cat; so that arrangement is working out well for you, isn't it. And don't you continually talk about how you still struggle with weight/body image so you don't like eating anyway?

"I hadn’t even learned about periods, or bras, let alone what it is to be LGBT" - Perhaps because you are not, in fact, LGBT? I don't know whether Liz regrets that or not. On one hand it means she can't write in her column about how all the girls at her school put slugs in her shoes for being a lesbian; on the other hand, it means she can write with faintly homophobic tones of outrage that her niece would rather listen to an LGBT vlogger rather than Liz
  • Options
    PorcupinePorcupine Posts: 25,250
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fizzycat wrote: »
    I'm confused.

She seems to be using her lack of kitchen as a measure of the desperate 'poverty' she lives in. So is my memory failing, because I thought there was a kitchen and she paid to have it ripped out because cooking and eating are signs of weakness or stupidity or something? :confused:
    Badcat wrote: »
    LMFAO!! The money she spent ripping out her kitchen (and how prey, will she be able to sell it without one I wonder?) could of been spent on her bills or perhaps taking the dogs to a training class, or buying designer t shirts. Think of the amount of black midnight hair dye she could have bought! :D

I bet you a pound that when she comes to sell this house, which she will as she has already fallen out with the farmer, that the photos will show a glossy kitchen fit for a princess. I can't believe anyone would have their kitchen ripped out for no reason. Its beyond stupid.

Plus, I remember her talking about her last house and what a hovel it was ..... and then we saw the photos - and it was beautiful.

She wouldn't know the truth if it came and bit her on the bony bum.
  • Options
    CassiniCassini Posts: 2,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I read yesterdays diary and the other article mainly to see how Sweetie was. £500 vet bill suggests to me Sweetie was more than a little bit injured even with the high cost of vet bills these days. I truly hope this woman will now think of Sweetie's needs and perhaps rehome her to a place without dogs or kids or noise as Sweetie is bound to be so nervous and will need lots of TLC to get her confidence back.

If Sweetie originated from a rescue centre they should take her back unless the dogs are rehomed. They've tasted blood so may well strike again.

As for Sweetie - any home is not necessarily better than no home at all.
  • Options
    Suzy_CatSuzy_Cat Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My boyfriend - fiance, surely? - lives in a housing association flat three miles from Westminster. It costs £100 a week. I couldn’t understand why – during a long, dark year – he didn’t mend the bathroom light. Turns out he was waiting for it to be mended for free. Problem was, he couldn’t be bothered to let them know when he’d be in. Housing associations are for people who can’t cope. Why on earth would my boyfriend, as David Cameron suggests, want to buy his flat, even with a stonking discount, and be saddled with a mortgage and things he’d have to mend himself? Why struggle like the rest of us?

What.

Sniping at Daaaavid by sneering at the working poor yet again.

Who paid for them to attend DScrace's son's graduation in Milan?
  • Options
    LurifaxLurifax Posts: 1,950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Actually, to be fair to DScrace, the fees at Bocconi University are a lot less than those at UK universities and are even pegged to parental income for a bachelor's degree (not that I'm an anal university administrator or anything ...) A Master's comes in at less than €12,500 for a two-year degree, which again is a lot less than many UK fees.
    And her bum is really not bony - she looks like a normal English pear to me (jealous, yes, writing as a porky apple )
  • Options
    Mr CurmudgeonMr Curmudgeon Posts: 126
    Forum Member
    Suzy_Cat wrote: »
    My boyfriend - fiance, surely? - lives in a housing association flat three miles from Westminster. It costs £100 a week. I couldn’t understand why – during a long, dark year – he didn’t mend the bathroom light. Turns out he was waiting for it to be mended for free. Problem was, he couldn’t be bothered to let them know when he’d be in. Housing associations are for people who can’t cope. Why on earth would my boyfriend, as David Cameron suggests, want to buy his flat, even with a stonking discount, and be saddled with a mortgage and things he’d have to mend himself? Why struggle like the rest of us?

What.

My thoughts exactly... expressed only as a 'PS' to another 'piece'.

Over the past couple of years I've tried to be balanced and give Liz the benefit of the doubt... but frankly her writing places her as a poisonous and corrosive individual whose natural instinct is to attack even those closest to her... and broadcast very personal issues to the world without consideration to damage.

None of us are perfect. We all have our own personal 'issues' to contend with, and many of us share them with our nearest and dearest. I've been through a couple of divorces out of which a 'Liz Jones' could have filled a couple of months worth of her so-called 'Diary'... but thankfully, my ex's and I have moved on, having realised that life is about a learning-experience, rather than seeking to destroy the person that we chose to temporarily 'shack-up' with.

This so-called 'Diary' should be taken-down by the DM. It undermines people who have no right-of-reply, it's negative towards humanity as a whole, and frankly... it's now very boring.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We're all born with the ability to absorb and learn from our experiences through discrimination... through the pain of having got things wrong, and then we most see that 'played-out' in others around us.

The problem with Liz is that she's gone through some Pavlovian-learning where - bizarrely - she's been financially rewarded when she's clearly 'screwed-up'. In this case, she's been paid £500k per annum by the DM for her journalistic skills... which basically means that she's expected to criticise anyone and everyone she comes into contact with.

She has a learned-behaviour based upon financial reward, and even her attempts to soften things by portraying herself as a champion of animals is bound to fail. She's amassed a zoo, that she can't afford in attempt to prove that she's a worthy human-being, and yet that 'zoo' is now seemingly consuming itself, starting with one of her cats.

I really feel for Liz. Yes, I despise the way that she writes about others, in such a high-handed and narcissistic manner, with no empathy, care for their situation or acknowledgement of their personal history... but at the same time, I see a woman in a potentially powerful position who could do much for the good if she accepted some kind of personal epiphany based upon surrender.

I've no idea whether this makes any sense at all, but it does for me.:o
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What.

Sniping at Daaaavid by sneering at the working poor yet again.

Who paid for them to attend DScrace's son's graduation in Milan?

What the hell is this troll going on about now? Is she trying to out do Katie Hopkins? To the best of my knowledge even she leaves her husband alone!

Why should DScrace have to buy a place if he doesn't want to? He's living his life the way he wants to - what the hell makes her think she's better than him or (laughingly) can cope? Ha! That's a joke. Her column is testament that she can't.

I'll tell you one thing, I bet DScrace sleeps better than her at night and if I was him I'd enjoy throwing my cheap rental IN LONDON (I bet she's so jealous) in her face constantly :cool: And if he's got no debt he should leave his bank statements where she can see them and weep!
  • Options
    fizzycatfizzycat Posts: 6,120
    Forum Member
    The problem with Liz is that she's gone through some Pavlovian-learning where - bizarrely - she's been financially rewarded when she's clearly 'screwed-up'.
    She has a learned-behaviour based upon financial reward,

I've no idea whether this makes any sense at all, but it does for me.:o

It makes perfect sense to me because it just about mirrors how I feel about Kerry Katona - I despise her choices but in a weird sort of way I pity her because she has to keep the car-crash lifestyle going as it's her entire career. Liz makes her money out of piss-poor journalism based on Whymewhydiditallgowrongeverybodyhatesme and Katona gets paid silly money so equally poor journalists can write the latest 'exclusive' about the new baby/marriage/divorce/addiction. If either of them ever opted for normality, they wave goodbye to the income.

Liz has an education behind her whereas Kerry doesn't so I suppose Kerry has a bit more of an excuse, but they're both trapped in a cycle of greed and very little ability to function as balanced people.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 189
    Forum Member
    Sunday's opinion piece was dripping in envy. I wonder just how much of her life is motivated by jealousy? It's beyond pathetic that a woman at the top of her profession earning a vast fortune compared to most other people in this country is still so unhappy to see young people going forward with confidence, instead she sits there totting up the advantages she thinks they have had in comparison with her fairly normal 70s household, which nobody else whines and b#tches about.
    WHY?
    Why is this deemed worthy of print?
    Just put a sock in it you nasty jealous old ratbag.
    Oh, and actually you are not in the least bit relevant to youngsters today.
    Trying to think if you are actually of any relevance to anyone....

That would be a no.
  • Options
    puffin1962puffin1962 Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    What the hell is this troll going on about now? Is she trying to out do Katie Hopkins? To the best of my knowledge even she leaves her husband alone!

I wonder if the increased venom is partly caused by her jealousy of Katie.

There was a time when Liz was the "go to" columnist for editors looking for some bitchy comments - now Katie seems to have taken over that role and the gig on This Morning by being even more outrageous and with even more venom. So Liz obviously thinks this is the way to rebuild her journalistic career. However, Katie manages to avoid the "poor me" "my life is so hard on £500K pa" trap that Liz constantly uses. Katie even got herself discussed on US news sites when she attacked Kelly Clarksson
  • Options
    Forum Member
    puffin1962 wrote: »
    I wonder if the increased venom is partly caused by her jealousy of Katie.

It may be and that may play into her narcissistic need to be in the limelight. Then again, I wouldn't like to be the one to take the journey into the centre of Lizard's mind to confirm it, only to find myself in a very dark-place with no clearly-signed exits.:o

Although I dislike Katie Hopkins and her rabid views, at least she is prepared to take on her adversaries face to face rather than stabbing them in the back in the knowledge that they will be given no opportunity to reply. Most of what Katie says is broadcast through her Twitter-feed which is open to immediate and very direct personal response. By contrast, Lizard doesn't use Twitter and has no other direct contact with her audience.

In some respects she reminds me of Justin Bieber, who is able to act the 'Big I Am' calling people names and acting out in public, because he's always surrounded by burly security guards who cover his back. If it weren't for them, the general public would have corrected his behaviour very quickly. Liz is just like Justin Bieber, and her bodyguard appears to be Paul Dacre, the editor of the Daily Mail.

I can understand why Bieber's honchos protect him... for the money; but I'd be interested to know why Dacre continues to protect Lizard by barring the majority of unfavourable comments on the DM website. Surely a bit of a dust-up on the DM comments front would increase circulation... and isn't that what his business is all about ?

Obviously I'm missing something...:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe they want to keep her, because she is good click-bait, but are actually protecting her a little bit so that she doesn't leave? Not that, according to her, she has anywhere to GO. If she wasn't an independent contractor I'd say she's perhaps being held on to because she's sitting on IMMENSE redundancy provisions and they'd rather just keep her steady till she reaches retirement age,because actually getting rid of her would cost too much. That's the sort of thing that has happened in my (media) workplace over the years.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some time back she claimed the Express offered her a £700,000 pa contract, which she selflessly turned down.

Hmmm...

What's that smell ?

Ah yes - bullshit.
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bellagio wrote: »
    Some time back she claimed the Express offered her a £700,000 pa contract, which she selflessly turned down.

Hmmm...

What's that smell ?

Ah yes - bullshit.

As Dirty Dicky Desmond hasn't given his staff there a rise for seven years I'm inclined to agree. :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe they want to keep her, because she is good click-bait, but are actually protecting her a little bit so that she doesn't leave? Not that, according to her, she has anywhere to GO. If she wasn't an independent contractor I'd say she's perhaps being held on to because she's sitting on IMMENSE redundancy provisions and they'd rather just keep her steady till she reaches retirement age,because actually getting rid of her would cost too much. That's the sort of thing that has happened in my (media) workplace over the years.

If you can find the Tanya Gold interview at the Other Club am pretty sure Jones says something along the lines of 'they wouldn't dare get rid of me'. Sorry I can't do links:blush:

It does make you wonder why she remains as she can't be a joy to instruct.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Something I really don't understand about this woman is the fact that she makes this huge deal about how much she detests the way she looks, even saying that she can't manage to look at her whole face in the mirror, became she hates her face that much. Given that she has no trouble spending money and is prepared to go under the knife to try to halt the aging process why has she never just gone the whole hog and had her face remodelled? Am sure a capable surgeon could have given her the looks she says she craves. Remember the suicide comment in CBB about how she wanted to kill herself because one of the younger women was so good looking? So how come she's kept the features she professes to hate so much....
    ....could it be another pity-me-porky?
  • Options
    Paula PanzerPaula Panzer Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    If you can find the Tanya Gold interview at the Other Club am pretty sure Jones says something along the lines of 'they wouldn't dare get rid of me'. Sorry I can't do links:blush:

It does make you wonder why she remains as she can't be a joy to instruct.

Is this the article? She actually says they wouldn't dare set her up. Anyway, most of the things she says set my teeth on edge. The writer also appears to have confused the Fake Rock Star with the Baker and is falling over herself to gush over Liz. Heaven knows why given many of those quotes.

http://www.theproseccodiaries.com/2013/10/liz-jones-how-to-write-well-and-save-donkeys.html
  • Options
    LizzyrozLizzyroz Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    1. She wouldn't name the Rock Star because he doesn't exist.

2. Lied about not writing about her nieces and nephews until they're 18. IIRC she told the nation she bought her nephew a shed, and wrote about the one who died in Australia.

3. How is passing on your neuroses being a ''good mother''?

4. SHE got TV cameras installed in slaughterhouses? First I've heard of it.

5.''What do you think about Liz Jones?''. Professional neurotic, misogynist and fibber just about covers it.

http://www.theproseccodiaries.com/2013/10/liz-jones-how-to-write-well-and-save-donkeys.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is this the article? She actually says they wouldn't dare set her up. Anyway, most of the things she says set my teeth on edge. The writer also appears to have confused the Fake Rock Star with the Baker and is falling over herself to gush over Liz. Heaven knows why given many of those quotes.

Thanks Paula for finding the link :)
    You're quite right I did get that bit wrong :blush::o:blush:
    Still it infers (to me anyway) that she sees herself as ultimately possessing the upper hand on the work front.
    How is that possible?
    Why has she still got a platform?
    The mind boggles.
  • Options
    nitenursenitenurse Posts: 1,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-3050788/Liz-Jones-s-Diary-regret-decisions-ve-made.html

Any bets she going to say the invisible man, er, Rock Star has returned???
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my first thought on reading this rare example of an actually exciting cliff-hanger, but I don't think so. For one, she and Daaaavid are supposedly still together, right? For another, according to her, it was SHE who dumped the FRS, and unless he was riding from the sunset with a few million quid to pay off all her debts and make her life a glorious cycle of song, I can't see that she'd be reviving their not at all fictional love.

No, it'll either be a bailiff, or someone ordering the destruction of her violent dogs, or some really terrible anticlimax.

She's already set us up to know that her world has already fallen apart, so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It sounds like the race horse might have died - unless she's already gone, honestly can't keep up with which animals are still around and which are not. Do we know if the mauled cat is ok and some where peaceful? She talks about something serious then it's never mentioned again for ages.

Confused :confused:

Ps: actually thought David was being trying to be responsible when he asked if he should see a dr. And didn't he say back during the cat-cradle-legs days that he'd rather walk through Brixton than read DM....which means of course he knew who she works for.

Am going to try to disengage from my LJ obsession, she drives me too crazy. So today's the day, wish me luck :cool:
    God, hope am not back in a few days with tail between legs!
    Bye guys :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just one more thing.
    In today's diary she says there were 2 other rescue horses, but what about the other one that died and was called Bow or something, remember she never ever mentioned it then during the night the was turned away from the hotel we suddenly hear about a horse that has died which up til then had been invisible.
  • Options
    BellagioBellagio Posts: 3,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I peered out of the window, and there was a man at my front door.

I opened it. And my world fell apart."

I've tried, really, I have but...

I just cannot summon the energy to give even the most minuscule of f*cks.

And yet... the researchers gene automatically kicks in: the implications is it's not anyone she knows. Maybe she intended to write "And my face fell apart." That would be more believable.