Warface Beta

WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
Forum Member
Register now! http://www.warface.com/xbox/

Crytek and Microsoft Studios today announced the launch of a public beta for “Warface Xbox 360 Edition.
Powered by the award-winning CRYENGINE, “Warface Xbox 360 Edition” boasts compelling gameplay set in the near future where Warface forces battle against the ruthless Blackwood military. The class-based shooter enables beta players to experience different tactical approaches, gameplay styles and unique weapon sets of all four Warface classes: Rifleman, Medic, Engineer, and Sniper. When the game launches in spring, players will then receive regularly updated content, enabling fans to experience new, daily co-operative campaign missions and a continuous supply of new maps, weaponry, boosts and more.

Beta Announce Trailer

Comments

• Brass Drag0nBrass Drag0n Posts: 5,046
    Forum Member
    Got a thanks for signing up email today...

No date for the beta though.
  • WoodsMonkWoodsMonk Posts: 6,462
    Forum Member
    Got a thanks for signing up email today...

No date for the beta though.

Just got my code by email.
  • 2dshmuplover2dshmuplover Posts: 8,271
    Forum Member
    So is this like COD or is it something a bit different?
  • He4rtHe4rt Posts: 5,379
    Forum Member
    Never heard of this before.

Signed up.
    Forum Member
    WoodsMonk wrote: »
    Just got my code by email.

Got my code - will take a look tonight.
  • orzieorzie Posts: 312
    Forum Member
    Still haven't received mine :-(
    Forum Member
    Can't believe someone has gone "Hmm, what's wrong with COD...? Oh, yeah it's not very frantic".

Maybe its just the maps in the Beta but this game is way to CQB focused and there is much to much stuff in the HUD and on the screen - brings a whole new meaning to the word cluttered.

I love that it has a team work ethos - helping each other climb to higher parts of the map is excellent, but it all went spray and pray last night as each side kept plowing into each other and grenade spamming seems to be the opening of every round.

Not sure about this idea of unlocking weapons and equipment for periods of time either - is this going to be a micro-transaction FPS? For those that haven't played yet, you get an assault rifle and kevlar gloves (for quick reloading) when you complete the tutorial... but only for 24 hours. There is an extend option, but I assume you will have to "buy" the time extention.

As I say the gloves give you quick reload and thats how Warface doles out its perk - for instance helmets that let you see enemy equipment and shoes that allow longer sprinting - plus different body armour and gloves too.
  • Martin BlankMartin Blank Posts: 1,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Downloaded last night...horrible game.

It does appear like it wants to go down the micro transaction route. The game just feels clunky. Dirty almost. Not a fan.

Back to BF4 I go!
    Forum Member
    Played a few FFA matches on this last night - still not keen on the game though - I'm playing on a 42" TV and the screen still feels very cluttered and I swear my eyesight must be going because I can hardly see the OPFOR's from the backgrounds most of the time.

I also like how holding left trigger to ADS seems to give no improvement to your view. :(

Judging how "close" the close combat is in this game I fear everyone will just just go with the Shotgun class and be done with it - I noticed plenty of people last night running round with shotties blitzing everyone else.