The Mentalist season 6 (US Pace) *Spoilers*

Comments

• Mickey_TMickey_T Posts: 4,962
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not going to look at the spoiler, but the only one of the suspects that the RJ voice has ever sounded like to me is that of Bret Partridge.

I always thought he would make the best RJ, but we'll have to wait and see.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The sad fact is the reveal will have little real resonance. Other than pinning down an identity, what does it matter really in the end? None of the suspects have been fleshed out enough for it to have any gravity whatsoever. This whole thing has been a mess since they chickened out of the season 3 finale reveal. That was perfect, and the retconning was blatant studio interference.
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mred2000 wrote: »
    I dunno. You hear RJ's voice and see him, briefly, from behind so there's still nothing solid...

Unless you've seen a better promo, obviously.
    I've seen comments on the web that it's obviously McAl who meets PJ in the church but I didn't think it was that clear...

I made this post
    http://tuturros.tumblr.com/post/67335800598/mcallister-will-next-weeks-episode-explain. Here's solid things pointing to him. There's also a pigeon on the statue in the church in the extended promo that I hadn't seen when I made that post.
  • hayleys2915hayleys2915 Posts: 994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mickey_T wrote: »
    Not going to look at the spoiler, but the only one of the suspects that the RJ voice has ever sounded like to me is that of Bret Partridge.

I always thought he would make the best RJ, but we'll have to wait and see.

Simon Baker previously done the Red John voices but have you seen the promo? The voice is different, it's the real Red John.
  • mred2000mred2000 Posts: 10,050
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I made this post
    http://tuturros.tumblr.com/post/67335800598/mcallister-will-next-weeks-episode-explain. Here's solid things pointing to him. There's also a pigeon on the statue in the church in the extended promo that I hadn't seen when I made that post.

Ah, good capture of that still.
    The stuntman is definitely made up to look like McAl... Unless XB does his own stunts but that's by the by...
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    Watch the extended promo for 6x08. It's obvious who Red John is. It's
    Thomas McAllister

I still refuse to believe they they put Red Johns identy in a promo . Its got to be a bluff IMO
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas McAllister

Do you have a link for the extended promo please?

I'm not convinced for a minute that Bertram is Red John there's gotta be another twist surely?!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I still refuse to believe they they put Red Johns identy in a promo . Its got to be a bluff IMO

To be fair, you only really get a good view if you pause it and flick forward frame by frame... If you check out the link in #204 you'll see...
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Do you have a link for the extended promo please?

Just do a Google
  • boab34boab34 Posts: 1,424
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thomas McAllister

not surprised if it's him as quite a number of fans thought that the actor who played young RJ looked more like a younger version of him than the other frontrunner
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boab34 wrote: »
    not surprised if it's him as quite a number of fans thought that the actor who played young RJ looked more like a younger version of him than the other frontrunner

Admittedly, I was one of those fans. They got a good match, to be fair. I've seen a LOT worse...
  • asyousayasyousay Posts: 38,838
    Forum Member
    To be fair, you only really get a good view if you pause it and flick forward frame by frame... If you check out the link in #204 you'll see...

Just do a Google

I have seen it as its all over the net which I why I don't buy it . We live in a world where everything is screen grabbed and gone over with a fine tough comb and Bruno and his team know that . This has been a 6 year wait and if they are stupid enough to ruin the final outing of Red John in a promo they should be fired .
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    asyousay wrote: »
    I have seen it as its all over the net which I why I don't buy it . We live in a world where everything is screen grabbed and gone over with a fine tough comb and Bruno and his team know that . This has been a 6 year wait and if they are stupid enough to ruin the final outing of Red John in a promo they should be fired .

I remember in Spartacus: WOD there were major questions about who gets crucified, who survives etc and eagle-eyed fans v. cleverly worked a lot of it out from the promos :D
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah but screengrab aside, it's blatantly his voice. Anyone who watches that promo and can't tell who Red John supposedly is...well, they're a bit rubbish really.

It does seem fishy that they would so flippantly spoil a surprise that's been very well kept up til now.
  • SpoilerificSpoilerific Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Wowzers. Good ep.

OK, so I'm not giving up on my theory, but if Cho seriously didn't see or look at the face of the 'dead' Partridge, then he should seriously be reprimanded. Admittedly he didn't see the face, and he only took the shoulder out the bag.

I'm stretching, but if I was trying to dig my theory out, I'd still say everything I said, stands. Partridge is a member of 'Tiger, Tiger', or at least knows about it, even if perhaps he's not a member. As Smith said, when you're asked to do something, you do it. Partridge could have used the 'Tiger, Tiger' group to get an accomplice to grab Lisbon in the house (as per my original theory). Partridge could then have removed the tattoo'd piece of skin from the arm of the 'Tiger, Tiger' member either at the house or while it was in storage (again he could have used another 'Tiger, Tiger' member to do this in the morgue once he'd heard that the 'Tiger, Tiger' group had been found out), so as to try and keep them a secret, as he still uses them to help cover murders and such. He wouldn't want Jane, the FBI, or CBI finding out about the 'Tiger, Tiger' group as he used them to cover for his crimes, and also to carry out plans such as kill the CBI member (as the flashback showed us), so it's in his interest to keep 'Tiger, Tiger' a secret. As for why he'd say to Lisbon 'Tiger, Tiger', I'm not sure. Perhaps to see if she was a member just for his own curiosity.

A large question for me, is does it mean it was never Red John who saved Patrick from the copycats? He recited the 'Tiger, Tiger' poem to Patrick after all, so was that a member of the association acting on Red John's say so, or was it really him?

I think at this point though I still want to go with the following;

Partridge - Alive - Red John
    Kirkland - Definitely dead
    McAllister - Definitely dead
    Haffner - Definitely dead
    Stiles - Deginitely dead
    Bertram - Alive, high ranking member of 'Tiger, Tiger'
    Smith - Alive, in FBI custody now, probably soon to be dead

I'm not gonna change from my theory it's Partridge, cos hey, you've gotta stick to your guns! Admittedly, Cho not seeing the face of the 'dead' Partridge would be quite a large leap for the viewer...

But we shall see......
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wowzers. Good ep.

OK, so I'm not giving up on my theory, but if Cho seriously didn't see or look at the face of the 'dead' Partridge, then he should seriously be reprimanded. Admittedly he didn't see the face, and he only took the shoulder out the bag.

I'm stretching, but if I was trying to dig my theory out, I'd still say everything I said, stands. Partridge is a member of 'Tiger, Tiger', or at least knows about it, even if perhaps he's not a member. As Smith said, when you're asked to do something, you do it. Partridge could have used the 'Tiger, Tiger' group to get an accomplice to grab Lisbon in the house (as per my original theory). Partridge could then have removed the tattoo'd piece of skin from the arm of the 'Tiger, Tiger' member either at the house or while it was in storage (again he could have used another 'Tiger, Tiger' member to do this in the morgue once he'd heard that the 'Tiger, Tiger' group had been found out), so as to try and keep them a secret, as he still uses them to help cover murders and such. He wouldn't want Jane, the FBI, or CBI finding out about the 'Tiger, Tiger' group as he used them to cover for his crimes, and also to carry out plans such as kill the CBI member (as the flashback showed us), so it's in his interest to keep 'Tiger, Tiger' a secret. As for why he'd say to Lisbon 'Tiger, Tiger', I'm not sure. Perhaps to see if she was a member just for his own curiosity.

A large question for me, is does it mean it was never Red John who saved Patrick from the copycats? He recited the 'Tiger, Tiger' poem to Patrick after all, so was that a member of the association acting on Red John's say so, or was it really him?

I think at this point though I still want to go with the following;

Partridge - Alive - Red John
    Kirkland - Definitely dead
    McAllister - Definitely dead
    Haffner - Definitely dead
    Stiles - Deginitely dead
    Bertram - Alive, high ranking member of 'Tiger, Tiger'
    Smith - Alive, in FBI custody now, probably soon to be dead

I'm not gonna change from my theory it's Partridge, cos hey, you've gotta stick to your guns! Admittedly, Cho not seeing the face of the 'dead' Partridge would be quite a large leap for the viewer...

But we shall see......

We don't know for sure if those who were apparently blown up in the house are truly dead.

They just have DNA evidence which could be faked.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Also, wasn't the bag with BPs body in it transparent? I thought it was but my memory could be playing up... if so, of course he saw his face...

However, it could be anyone...
  • SpoilerificSpoilerific Posts: 200
    Forum Member
    Also, wasn't the bag with BPs body in it transparent? I thought it was but my memory could be playing up... if so, of course he saw his face...

However, it could be anyone...

The bag is slightly 'frosted', so you can't see clearly. I'm not denying it's a stretch, but hey. Here's to grasping at all straws available.

The producers did say the bomb did do damage, the foot was real, so while I agree the DNA evidence linking the bodies to the scene could be faked, I'm kinda hoping at this stage they don't do that for any one except Brett Partridge, as per my theory. We didn't see any bodies in the wreckage, but the writers have said it did damage and did kill people. I'd be disappointed if we're supposed to believe all 3 we haven't seen, Haffner, McAllister, and Stiles all got out with minor injuries.
  • MrSuperMrSuper Posts: 18,520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any truth to the news that this is the final season of The Mentalist? Apparently US trailers promoting new episodes make it sound like this will be the last season. Gutted, if true.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MrSuper wrote: »
    Any truth to the news that this is the final season of The Mentalist? Apparently US trailers promoting new episodes make it sound like this will be the last season. Gutted, if true.

They've been promoting it as the final chapter in the Red John story but I haven't seen anything in the promos suggesting it as the final season. I think rumours of it being canned have been around for the last two or three seasons...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope this is the last season
    they've been spinning the RJ yarn far too long and the writing has got rather tired too imo
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After going back and rewatching some more of season one, part of me still thinks there's a possibility of it being Minelli...

There's absolutely nothing saying the promo is from the final cut. Even then, Minelli is a better physical match than i remembered. Alternate scenes are easily filmed and slipped in, if needed, though...
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just caught up with episode seven, wow just wow, best episode in the last two years. Still think the RJ storyline has went on for three years too long BUT now we reach the RJ final chapter it has been worth it.
  • dazzy71dazzy71 Posts: 511
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it last night, great episode, although you don't see it, i thought the bar scene was quite vicious for The Mentalist.

Guess the writers were never a fan of anagrams
  • nathanbrazilnathanbrazil Posts: 8,863
    Forum Member
    dazzy71 wrote: »
    Watched it last night, great episode, although you don't see it, i thought the bar scene was quite vicious for The Mentalist.

Yes, an excellent episode. I'm torn between thinking that with the announcement at the press conference, and subsequent events, there can no longer be any doubt as to the ID of RJ. But, a small part of my mind is still hoping they'll pull a switch and make him one of those who is supposedly dead. The favourite being Haffner. Although, I must admit that given the range RJ has demonstrated, the current leading suspect, Bertram, does make more sense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good ep but must admit I thought a lot was filler.

I think he named Bertram as RJ to call out the real RJ. GB isn't RJ and PJ knows that RJ hates being called out on telly so he knows the real RJ will now come for him...

...which is also possibly why we'll need an explanation for the explosion in the next ep, too...